VOODOO BOOGIE

RIO/Avant-Prog

Kraldjursanstalten Voodoo Boogie album cover

Buy KRALDJURSANSTALTEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Det löser sig atematiskt(2:53)
2. Fet och feg (3:27)
3. Marathonloppet (0:23)
4. Ta över (3:36)
5. Tjugo koppar kaffe (0:45)
6. Hon fångade min blick (5:39)
7. Breda rafflade gummidäck (4:08)
8. Voodoo Boogie (5:18)
9. Att ta det kallt (4:07)
10. Det enda raka (1:10)
11. Minst värst (7:07)
12. I bland om vardagarna (4:22)

Total time: 42:55

Search KRALDJURSANSTALTEN Voodoo Boogie lyrics

Search KRALDJURSANSTALTEN Voodoo Boogie tabs

- Michael Maksymenko; Drums, Vocals, Vacuum-cleaner, Compositions and Coaching
- Stefan Agaton / Electric Guitar,Vocals
- Thomas Agaton /Electric Bass, Vocals

LP Urspår URS 06 (1980)

KRALDJURSANSTALTEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KRALDJURSANSTALTEN Voodoo Boogie Music

VoodooVoodoo
Megaphone 2007

More places to buy KRALDJURSANSTALTEN music online Buy KRALDJURSANSTALTEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KRALDJURSANSTALTEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KRALDJURSANSTALTEN Voodoo Boogie ratings distribution

KRALDJURSANSTALTEN Voodoo Boogie reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars The Reptile Institute

Have you ever thought to yourself: I need a brand new fox, that I can talk to! I want some new hamstrings - with mustard and cubes? Why are there so many lamps? 456 peanuts and what? Why shouldn´t I - they´re round and all?. Jenny Garth from Beverly Hills is really an ok saxophone player - she´s just too involved with fingers and salmon residue - well I only liked her on that Miles Davis album, so whatever... Bazookas in my pocket could clear that cold! Then you - YES YOU!!! You should go get this album!

Take Beefheart, Samla Mammas Manna, Henry Cow, punk attitude mixed with blues rock from a merry go round and some Zappaesque Swedish humour on top of that - pop it in the blender along with some coffee and go faster stripes - and you´re nearly there......well nearly.

These guys sound like patients from your nearest mental institution. They´ve just drunken 20 cups of coffee(which oddly enough is the name of one of the tracks: Tjugo koppar kaffe), put on some flowery dresses and then headed over to the studio for a good jam. Man, this sounds completely absurd!! I dare anyone to listen to this album, without having a good laugh. First time I tried it, I was nearly in tears. I laughed out loud - climbed the walls like a schizophrenic lemur - started talking to plants, and forgot everything around me. Everything just dissolved.

Voodoo Boogie is like a deconstruction of blues and rock n´ roll - paired up with the most outrageous speed. It´s like going too fast in a car, but you´re nowhere near the steering wheel. Sometimes it´s obvious - Oh yeah, there´s the blues chords with the big fat bass going bum bum bum, and then, out of the blue, an insane drum-roll cuts through the music - the guitars start running like some fearful runner out of Kenya - and you´re now far far far away from where you started. Some times the instruments just part ways - See Ya!! each of them off in their own direction, or maybe the song lasts 45 seconds and includes a guy yelling Swedish profanities. There´s even one track that seems to be playing 2 different songs at the same time. Sheer madness!

Just to paint a better picture of this bizarre musical universe, then let me dictate what front man Michael Maksymenko is up to here. First of all, this guy, who also handles the compositions - is in fact sitting behind the drum-kit and sounds like Animal from the Muppet Show. He does the vocals, plays a vacuum-cleaner, and what I find the most ridiculous and sure as eels on the front lawn, made me laugh like a village idiot, is the fact that he´s in charge of the coaching! Trust me, if you´d heard this album, then something like coaching would sound truly bizarre.

Mumbling guitar excursions, toddler in the kitchen, a skilled Syd Vicious on the bass after he´s injected himself with a kilo of instant coffee - and somehow this album works. I like to listen to this while I´m cooking dinner. Dancing like a drunk penguin - throwing myself around the kitchen like an insane person, I must say that Voodoo Boogie suddenly takes on another dimension. One could state, that the more likely you are to go completely mad - and revel in it to boot, the more likely it is, that you´ll appreciate this album.

If you´re interested in hearing the rejected soundtrack to Milos Forman´s masterpiece One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest performed by Swedish mental patients, then by all means - go invest in this piece of pacing insanity. Approach with extreme caution. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#591540) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 19, 2011

Post a review of KRALDJURSANSTALTEN "Voodoo Boogie"