IL VOLO / ESSERE O NON ESSERE?

Il Volo

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Il Volo Il Volo / Essere O Non Essere? album cover

Buy IL VOLO Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1981

1. Come Una Zanzara (4:27)
2. La Mia Rivoluzione (3:54)
3. Il Calore Umano (4:43)
4. Il Canto Della Preistoria (4:34)
5. I Primi Respiri (3:51)
6. La Canzone Del Nostro Tempo (4:17)
7. Sonno (4:09)
8. Sinfonia Delle Scarpe Da Tennis (2:57)
9. Gente In Amore (5:00)
10. Medio Oriente 249000 Tutto Compreso / Canto Di Lavoro (5:47)
11. Essere (4:02)
12. Alcune Scene (6:16)
13. Svegliandomi Con Te Alle Sei Del Mattino (5:16)
14. Canti E Suoni (4:26)

- Gianni Dall'Aglio / drums, vocals
- Mario Lavezzi / guitar, vocals

KING RECORD K32Y-2051

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

IL VOLO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IL VOLO Il Volo / Essere O Non Essere? Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Buon Natale: The Christmas AlbumBuon Natale: The Christmas Album
Interscope Records 2013
We Are LoveWe Are Love
Special Edition
Geffen Records 2013
Il VoloIl Volo
Geffen 2011
Il Volo Takes Flight Live From the Detroit Opera HouseIl Volo Takes Flight Live From the Detroit Opera House
Geffen Records 2012
Mas Que AmorMas Que Amor
Universal Latino 2013
We Are Love (Live From The Fillmore Miami Beach At Jackie Gleason Theater)We Are Love (Live From The Fillmore Miami Beach At Jackie Gleason Theater)
Rentor / Geffen Records 2013
WE ARE LOVE: LIVE THE FILLMORE MIAMI AT JACKIE GLEASON THEATER (CD + DVD)WE ARE LOVE: LIVE THE FILLMORE MIAMI AT JACKIE GLEASON THEATER (CD + DVD)
Buon Natale Live From the Fillmore Miami Beach atBuon Natale Live From the Fillmore Miami Beach at
Multiple Formats · Import
Imports 2013
DVD$25.49
Il Volo - Christmas Favorites [Amazon.com Exclusive]Il Volo - Christmas Favorites [Amazon.com Exclusive]
Rentor / Geffen Records 2011
Il Volo [Spanish Version]Il Volo [Spanish Version]
Universal Latino 2011

More places to buy IL VOLO music online Buy IL VOLO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IL VOLO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IL VOLO Il Volo / Essere O Non Essere? ratings distribution

IL VOLO Il Volo / Essere O Non Essere? reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych Team
4 stars Wow, great IL VOLO story...we can enjoy their works with only one CD. :-)

As everyone here already says, IL VOLO is indeed one of the most wonderful Rock Progressivo Italiano bands, but sadly each of their works is too short to make our stomach full. King Record, famous label for European progressive collection in Japan, has released a compilation album with their two works. This album could notify me, without any knowledge about IL VOLO, that I should feel the album was their one work with two parts of a story on each LP side. The total time is about one hour, that we can hear at one gulp(!).

Exactly, each work is so terrific.

Their first work Il Volo has two faces, one is heavy and strict, and another gentle and rich. Especially, in my humble opinion, the most important stuff on this 'part' is bass sound by 'OLOV'. (Although we tend to think Alberto and Gabriele are the hot points...) Listen to the first track Come Una Zanzara and feel how aggressive, strict and unique they are. And the 'part' has some beautiful songs, Il Canto Della Preistoria, Sonno, and so on.

Second Essere O Non Essere? is not on the commercialism (and in those days quite a few fans can't understand its greatness), and has more Oriental and progressive flavour. Of course, I consider one of the important facts is exotic percussion by Gianni. Essere! This bulky mass can attack and blow us perfectly. Let me say this song should be their masterpiece.

It's quite regretful I suggest IL VOLO couldn't keep the activity and progressiveness and was broken out. But surely we all RPI fans should keep their fantastic play in mind...forever!

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#211342) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Post a review of IL VOLO "Il Volo / Essere O Non Essere?"