SPOON

- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards
- Damo Suzuki / vocals

Recorded at Inner Space Studio, Cologne
Label United Artists

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Spoon Music

Vinyl$20.98
"CAN-CAN" (OSTR) (M) (Capitol) US $12.99 Buy It Now 29m 31s
"CAN-CAN" (OSTR) (S) (Capitol) US $17.99 Buy It Now 29m 37s
"CAN-CAN" (Studiotrack) (S) (Coronet) US $8.99 Buy It Now 29m 43s
Steve Lawrence Eydie Gorme 45 Sentimental Me / You Can't Be True Dear EX US $2.00 Buy It Now 30m 19s
Miles Davis Aebersold ?Volume 7 (Eight Jazz Originals You Can Play) SEALED!!!! US $7.99 [0 bids]
30m 24s
Into the Labyrinth by Dead Can Dance (CD, Sep-1993, 4AD (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
31m 26s
BOBBY VEE - I CAN'T SAY GOODBYE-PLEASE DON'T ASK ABOUT BARBARA US $6.95 Buy It Now 31m 36s
VARIOUS ARTISTS "Any Which Way You Can" (OSTR) (MINT CONDITION) US $10.99 Buy It Now 31m 51s
BARRY WHITE CAN'T GET ENOUGH RARE TURKEY PS 45 US $10.00 Buy It Now 31m 59s
Chris Cornell Can't Change Me Promo 7" Vinyl US $4.99 [0 bids]
33m 15s
Kylie ?- Can't Get You Out Of My Head (2001) UK Edition CD2 US $1.61 [0 bids]
34m 9s
RUTH BROWN 45 ATLANTIC White PROMO Jack O'Diamonds / Can't Hear A Word You Say US $19.99 Buy It Now 34m 10s
Kylie ?- Love at First Sight / Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head CD (2002) US $1.61 [0 bids]
34m 10s
JERRY LEE LEWIS- Mint PROMO 45 Yellow Vinyl -I Can't Seem To Say Goodbye US $8.50 Buy It Now 34m 49s
NOS RAY STEVENS ..... CAN HE LOVE YOU HALF AS MUCH AS US $5.00 Buy It Now 35m 28s
what can i do / the tartans..7'' original merritone rocksteady rude boy tune US $80.64 [0 bids]
36m 33s
Trinere HOW CAN WE BE WRONG 3 Mix 12" 1986 US $5.94 Buy It Now 37m 41s
BEAT - YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT IT: BEST OF NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 38m 9s
45 RECORD HERMAN'S HERMITS- CAN'T YOU HEARL MY HEARTBEAT US $1.99 Buy It Now 38m 40s
Rare NORTHERN JOHN & the WIERDEST-CAN'T GET OVER THESE US $4.82 [0 bids]
38m 56s
Garnett Silk - Nothing Can Divide Us CD US $9.00 Buy It Now 39m 34s
LEO ZERO-DISCONNECT / BRIAN ENO CAN PROPAGANDA BASEMENT 5 PROMO CD 2010 STRUT US $8.05 [0 bids]
40m 15s
Barry White 20th Century 45 Record #2120 VG+ Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Babe US $6.00 Buy It Now 41m 8s
LINDA RONSTADT - Get Closer / Sometimes You Just Can't Win - PROMO 1982 US $2.98 Buy It Now 41m 39s
Hollies [7"] Do The Best You Can *VG+* [Hansa; 14 093 AT] *1968* (Germany) RARE US $4.99 [0 bids]
41m 41s
VG++ RICK JAMES CAN'T STOP/OH WHAT A NIGHT 1985 45 RPM GORDY 1776GF US $3.98 Buy It Now 43m 33s
Twenty 4 Seven - I Can't Stand It - DMC 7" Dance Vinyl Record Rave Single US $1.61 Buy It Now 43m 38s
SHALADONS "WE CAN DO IT" KILLER NORTHERN SOUL KENT LISTEN! US $16.11 Buy It Now 44m 40s
LOUIS CLARK Hooked on Classics II (Can't Stop The AFL1-4373 LP Ag6555 US $14.99 [0 bids]
45m 3s
TERRY RAY BRADLEY: Can't Go Dancin' 45 rare Oldies US $140.00 Buy It Now 45m 10s
Can't Fight Fate, Taylor Dayne, very Good US $3.99 Buy It Now 45m 47s
DIANA ROSS - We Can Never Light That Old Flame Again - FUNK SOUL 45 - Promo US $10.49 Buy It Now 45m 53s
PHILLY DEVOTIONS I Just Can't Say Goodbye - Vocal/Instrumental COLUMBIA 10076 NM US $4.99 [0 bids]
46m 2s
JOHN BALDRY Iko Iko/You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover ROD STEWART Elton John US $6.99 [0 bids]
46m 2s
CHUCK BERRY You Never Can Tell/ Brenda Lee CHESS 1908 VG++ US $8.99 [1 bids]
46m 3s
Hear SOLID GROUND You Can Close Your Eyes/ I Believe In You PROD: CARL EDMONDSON US $3.99 [0 bids]
46m 3s
Can't Stay Away [PA] by Too Short ft Puff Daddy Jay-z Eightball US $15.99 Buy It Now 46m 23s
Nicolai Dunger : Heres My Song You Can... CD (2004) US $4.76 Buy It Now 46m 36s
JIMMY HELMS - Gonna Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse / Words And Music US $1.61 [0 bids]
46m 54s
THE GENTRYS - HEAR I T- 1967 DJ - I CAN SEE / 90 POUND WEAKLING US $6.99 [0 bids]
47m 3s
HERMAN'S HERMITS: I CAN TAKE OR LEAVE YOUR LOVING 1967 Single COLUMBIA DB 8327 US $1.53 [0 bids]
47m 29s
ANDY BURROWS BECAUSE I KNOW THAT I CAN PROMOTIONAL CD SINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE NEW! US $3.21 [0 bids]
47m 52s
MAZE FEAT. FRANKIE BEVERLY - CAN'T STOP THE LOVE, LP US $4.00 Buy It Now 48m 14s
SAGITTARIUS, I Still Can See Your Face / I Guess The Lord Must Be In NYC 45rpm US $29.00 Buy It Now 48m 41s
PAUL JONES: HIGH TIME / I CAN'T HOLD ON MUCH LONGER 1966 Single HMV POP 1554 US $1.53 [0 bids]
48m 43s
*listen* EDDY GRANT - TIME WARP / CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU 12" 1981 US $12.89 Buy It Now 48m 45s
WEST COAST HAREM COSMIC FUNK - CAN'T STAND THE PAIN 12" SINGLE $1 BARGAIN BIN US $1.00 Buy It Now 49m 51s
BILLY WALLACE: I Can't Run Away / That Old Love Of Yours 45 (#ol) rare Rockabil US $75.00 Buy It Now 49m 51s
youngTEE 5 Track CD EP GET DEEPER Roland Clark / Lewisham 92 / Can't Stop 2013 US $9.68 [0 bids]
50m 44s
Uffie - MCs Can Kiss Promo CD Single US $5.39 Buy It Now 51m 11s
Lewis Ephraim It Can't Be Forever Cd Single US $8.86 Buy It Now 51m 16s
Foreigner - Can't Slow Down (AOR,MHR, Ear Music 2010, Card Sleeve Promo, H.E.A.T US $2.40 [0 bids]
51m 46s
DETROIT featuring MITCH RYDER I Can't See Nobody M/M Promo PARAMOUNT 0051 US $7.67 [0 bids]
51m 53s
THE LEW TABACKIN QUARTET WHAT A LITTLE MOONLIGHT CAN DO CONCORD GERMANY 1ST CD US $13.99 [0 bids]
52m 12s
60 House Trance Techno Vinyl Records 12" - DJ, CDJ, 1000, 1210, Tiesto, Guetta 1 US $11.28 Buy It Now 52m 52s
Ken Griffin You Can't Be True Dear 78 Rpm US $14.50 Buy It Now 52m 54s
MAZE CAN'T STOP THE LOVE - 33 - LP RECORD - 1985 US $1.63 [0 bids]
53m 42s
THE LOVING SISTERS/GLADYS GIVENS Who Can Ask For More/Honest Prayer PEACOCK 1865 US $7.67 [0 bids]
53m 52s
Can-can: Original Soundtrack.Frank Sinatra / Shirley macLaine.Vinyl.Very Good US $5.99 Buy It Now 55m 34s
VILLAGE PEOPLE Can't Stop The Music - 1980 UK injection moulded 7" vinyl single US $16.11 Buy It Now 56m
THE JACKS & JILLS Red Dog (it's a rockin' dance)/I Can't Forget MGM 12671 US $15.00 Buy It Now 56m 22s
THE MIGHTY DIAMONDS ~ I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT ~ ATTACK UK 1975 NM CON US $40.31 Buy It Now 56m 38s
Gospel album The Brotherhood " I Can Feel His Presence " US $5.00 [0 bids]
57m 4s
THE DEATH SET - CAN YOU SEEN STRAIGHT - SEALED- PROMO-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
57m 10s
Love Affair 7" 45 HEAR HARD ROCK Mama Sez RADIO RECORDS 1980 Can't Get Enough US $5.00 Buy It Now 57m 10s
ROY ORBISON - CRAWLING BACK / IF YOU CAN SAY SOMETHING NICE - M-G-M 45RPM (1965) US $4.75 [2 bids]
57m 14s
PAUL YOUNG: OTHER VOICES [Heaven Can Wait,Stop On By,A Little Bit of Love++] US $2.99 Buy It Now 57m 23s
THE CONCRETES You Can't Hurry Love (CD Single Enhanced) Free Ride/Under Leaves US $1.11 [0 bids]
57m 48s
DEAD CAN DANCE - SPIRITCHASER (REISSUE) NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 57m 53s
CHRIS DIFFORD - CASHMERE IF YOU CAN NEW CD US $19.94 Buy It Now 57m 54s
WILSON PICKETT - I CAN'T STOP - NEW CD US $5.88 Buy It Now 59m 19s
Cars, The 45 It's All I Can Do / Got A Lot On My Head US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h
MELVIN ENDSLEY: I'll Get Even With You / Can I Say Something 45 Rockabilly US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h
ROBERT CHATMAN: Can't Stop This Hurt 45 rare Soul US $90.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
THE FIRESIGN THEATRE How Can You Be In Two Places At Once CS 9884 G/F COMEDY LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Rolling Stones(I Can't Get No Satisfaction)Under Assist London 45 LON 9766V '65 US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 6m
LOUIS JORDAN How blue can you get If you're so smart how come you aint rich US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
HEAR! Teen 45 CAROL HUGHS I Can Tell on RCA Victor US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
HEAR! Teen Rocker Rare 45 VIRGINIA ATTER You Can't Stop Me From Dreaming on Capi US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
BILLY SWAN I CAN HELP VINYL 7" USA PRESSING S MNT 2752 US $4.82 [0 bids]
COMMON SENSE: Can I Borrow A Dollar? (Hip Hop & Rap Relativity Cassette) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
EYDIE GORME I Want You To Meet My Baby/Can't Get Over The Bosa Nova COLUMBIA US $7.67 [0 bids]
Mental As Anything "If You Leave, Can I Come Too?" 1982 Rock LP, Nice VG++! US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 8m
45 RECORD ELTON JOHN: MAMA CAN'T BUY YOU LOVE, THREE WAY LOVE AFFAIR US $2.23 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Nils Lofgren : Can't Buy A Break Vinyl Vg+ Lp Record * US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
You Can't Fix Stupid [Edited] by Ron White (Comedy) (CD, Feb-2006, Image... US $1.99 [0 bids]
ALQUIN - NOBODY CAN WAIT FOREVER - LP 1975 UK PRESS - PROG EXCELLENT US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Thad Bosley - Who Can Change the World? - LP SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Friends Of Montserat Can We Help Them 7" Single US $9.68 Buy It Now 1h 12m
The Beatles- Can't Buy Me Love- 7" Pic Disc MINT US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
(BN460) Sparky Lightbourne, Can't Stop - 1999 CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Four Seasons Can't Help Falling In Love/Merry Go Rounds 45 RPM Terrac Records VG US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
The Broadways Broken Star We All Know You Can Do it vinyl lawrence arms nofx US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Tyrone Davis LP Can I Change My Mind US $6.00 [0 bids]
We Can't Be Stopped [PA] by Geto Boys US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
JESTOFUNK - 12" SINGLE - CAN WE LIVE US $17.56 Buy It Now 1h 15m
(CD) MARY J. BLIGE - All That I Can Say / 3 Trk / PROMO US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Dr. Jack Van Impe (Sermon) "MARKED FOR DEATH: Can America Survive?" LP NM / VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
JOHN ABERCROMBIE - NOW IT CAN BE PLAYED - NEW CD US $18.84 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Annie McKeon, Street of Dreams/Can't Believe You're in Love, Black US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Spoon ratings distribution

CAN Spoon reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Spoon/"Shikaku Maru Ten" is a single release by German experimental/psychadelic rock act Can. It was released through United Artists Records in December 1971. The single proved a tremendous commercial success for the band as it sold over 300.000 copies and made it unto the Top 20 in the German chart and provided the financial foundation for the band to gain access to better studio and rehearsal fascilities. Much of the singles popularity came from the fact that it was the theme song for a popular contemporary German TV Thriller series titled "Das Messer".

The "Spoon" track, while not originally intended to be featured on Canīs next album, ended up on "Ege Bamyasi (1972)" anyway because the band had a shortage of material for the album. The B-side track titled "Shikaku Maru Ten" is exclusive to this single release.

"Spoon" is to my ears an unlikely candidate for a hit single and Iīm sure the band were as surprised by itīs success as I am. While featuring a more catchy and accessible melody than most other tracks in the early part of the bandīs discography, "Spoon" still features the trademark repetitive rhythms and experimental approach that sounds so unmistakably like Can, and which arenīt exactly what youīd expect to hear on the radio. "Shikaku Maru Ten" is a bit more "out there" and psychadelic, but still featuring those repetitive grooves.

Overall the "Spoon/"Shikaku Maru Ten" single is a decent quality release, but as a consequence of the title track being included on "Ege Bamyasi (1972)", which is a more readily available release today, the single is a hardcore fan item more than anything ("Shikaku Maru Ten" isnīt exactly a track to die for, although itīs pretty good). Therefore a 3 star (60%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#226622) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Post a review of CAN "Spoon"