VOLUME I

- Robin Urbino / guitars,vocals
- Ben Cupidi / guitars
- Tom Begley / bass
- Eugene Economou / drums

CD Eyes of Sound Records (2009)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition

THE MIRE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MIRE Volume I Music

More places to buy THE MIRE music online Buy THE MIRE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MIRE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MIRE Volume I ratings distribution

THE MIRE Volume I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Volume I" is the debut release by UK, Brighton based sludge metal act The Mire. Itīs a 2 track, 12:10 minutes long demo and was originally only released in 50 copies through Eyeofsound Records in 2009. The original 50 copies included a set of badges, stickers and a cigarette lighter. After the original version sold out, Eyeofsound Records has given the demo away for free with any item purchased through the label.

The music on "Volume I" is sludge metal with atmospheric post metal parts. The vocals are mostly aggressive hardcore type shouting, but there are also clean vocals on "Fears", which provide the music with a more accessible element. The band are generally very well playing and the vocals are delivered in a convincing manner. In fact itīs not obvious at all that weīre talking a demo recording. The sound production is professional and powerful and the songwriting is also on a pretty high level.

The only thing thatīs a bit lacking on the demo is how original the music is. However well played, well written and well produced the demo is, the music just doesnīt stand out much from the rest of the sludge/post metal pack. Itīs a minor detail though when the rest are of the great quality it is. A 3.5 star (70%) rating is warranted. A promising start for the band.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#986092) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Post a review of THE MIRE "Volume I"