CONCRETE

Search WHOURKR Concrete lyrics

Search WHOURKR Concrete tabs

- I Snor / Machines, Vocals, Mastering
- Igorrr / Machines, Guitars, Drums & Mix

Official release in October 2009 by Crucial Blast Records in the US/ Canada and Trendkill Recordings in Europe.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

WHOURKR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WHOURKR Concrete Music

4247 Snare Drums4247 Snare Drums
Ad Noiseam 2012
ConcreteConcrete
Crucial Blast 2010
Whourkr NaatWhourkr Naat
WHOURKR - CONCRETE NEW CD US $21.89 Buy It Now 4 days
IGORRR Hallelujah CD extreme avant breakcore Whourkr shitmat venetian snares NEW US $16.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Whourkr - Concrete CD US $18.61 Buy It Now 5 days
Libido Airbag Printed PatchGUT SMES IMPETIGO KOTS WHOURKR MULK NUNWHORE COMMANDO US $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
WHOURKR - Concrete (DIGIPAK) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Whourkr - 4247 Snare Drums [CD New] US $18.94 Buy It Now 7 days
WHOURKR - 4247 SNARE DRUMS NEW CD US $28.76 Buy It Now 7 days
WHOURKR - Concrete - Brand New Factory Sealed CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
WHOURKR 4247 Snare Drums 2x LP NEW VINYL Ad Noiseam Igorrr US $34.99 Buy It Now 8 days
WHOURKR - 4247 SNARE DRUMS [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $15.96 Buy It Now 10 days
Concrete - Whourkr New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.91 Buy It Now 11 days
Whourkr - Concrete [CD New] US $12.87 Buy It Now 11 days
S.M.E.S. - Cameltoe Manicure(CD, 2006)LIBIDO AIRBAG KOTS WHOURKR MULK GUT CYBER US $8.00 Buy It Now 12 days
IGORRR Hallelujah 2x LP NEW VINYL Ad Noiseam breakcore Venetian Snares Whourkr US $33.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Whourkr - 4247 Snare Drums CD Pop Dance Music US $24.46 Buy It Now 15 days
SURACHAI Plague Diagram LP avant glitch-metal "meshuggah meets autechre" whourkr US $14.99 Buy It Now 16 days
4247 Snare Drums - Whourkr New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $27.83 Buy It Now 18 days
MASTERS OF SPEEDCORE#7 Komprex / Whourkr ?- Omicidio Musicale EP / Naät 2x12" US $32.58 Buy It Now 18 days
WHOURKR Concrete CD DIGIPACK avant-junglist-grind venetian snares IGORRR mulk US $9.98 Buy It Now 21 days
WHOURKR - CONCRETE [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.62 Buy It Now 24 days
Whourkr - 4247 Snare Drums [Vinyl New] US $34.98 Buy It Now 25 days
WHOURKR - 4247 Snare Drums (reissue) - limited coloured vinyl gatefold 2xLP + CD US $37.33 Buy It Now 25 days
GLAUKOM SYNOD Obsessism XXIII CASSETTE industrial metal aborym godflesh whourkr US $5.99 Buy It Now 26 days
4247 Snare Drums - Whourkr New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $39.33 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy WHOURKR music online Buy WHOURKR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WHOURKR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WHOURKR Concrete ratings distribution

WHOURKR Concrete reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Concrete' - Whourkr (5/10)

Whourkr's first album 'Naat' was something of a shock for me. Even though I found the music profoundly unpleasant to listen to, it did introduce my to a strange style that I had not heard much of in the past; cybergrind. Essentially a fusion of grindcore and glitchy electronics, one would be hard pressed to find a band in metal that sounds more like someone's great uncle setting up an old internet modem. All the same, the way that Whourkr chopped up the otherwise generic deathgrind with programming was interesting, and I wanted to hear what Whourkr could develop into. 'Concrete' is still a jarring cyber mess at points, but Whourkr did take a move here that I wasn't expecting from them, incorporating actual melodies and real instruments into their sound. On their second time around, Whourkr has created a much more diverse collection of songs here, although they still tend to fall into the realm of kitschy cybergrind that I first heard them as.

Whourkr's trademark sound of digital chopping and guttural 'br00tal' death metal is here, and much of it sounds like a continuation of what they were doing on the debut, 'Naat'. Dirty death metal riffs are played, backed by a drum machine, and electronic tweaks made to make everything sound artificial. I can really appreciate that Whourkr takes electronic music into metal and uses it for much more than a gimmick, but it is one of those things that I could respect much more if it was still on the drawing board. While actually listening, I do not find the sound enjoyable at all, and especially when they go into these breakdowns that rely on the digital elements attempting to make things sound as jarring as possible, its tough to listen to, even if there isn't too much actual depth in the sound.

What makes the cybergrind elements here much less tired is the addition of many new sounds that I would never have guessed Whourkr would add into their sound. 'Santo' is a Spanish-tinged acoustic yodel, for example, and hearing such a polar contrast like that from what I am used to Whourkr doing was just as shocking as when I first heard this band's music. Other highlights include some great use of piano, and its played very well. All the same, these aspects ironically feel like gimmicks of their own; things that don't necessarily belong in the music, but that Whourkr threw in there, perhaps as a self-conscious realization that their sound was a little too one-sided. In any case, it is a nice addition, but I'm sure Whourkr could have found additions to their sound that better complimented what they already had.

'Concrete' is a huge improvement over 'Naat' in terms of musicality, althugh they do seem to have lost a bit of that identity that made them so shocking to me in the first place. It will be very interesting to hear what Whourkr does in the future, because even though I haven't enjoyed their music, it is clear to me that they are not afraid to constantly try new things.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#511337) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 29, 2011

3 stars I thought I would never listen to this kind of music, but being too curious, I had to check this out, since I read a heavy pummeling of Whourkr's other album. The band consists of two musicians, and the style is called Tech/Extreme Prog Metal. I'm not familiar with that genre, but trust that t ... (read more)

Report this review (#522103) | Posted by OT Räihälä | Tuesday, September 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WHOURKR "Concrete"