LIVE IN POINT ARENA

Carlton Melton Live In Point Arena album cover

Buy CARLTON MELTON Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2008

1. Happy Song (8:21)
2. Against The Wall (8:48)
3. Fucking Funky Shit (5:45)
4. Inter Mission (5:04)
5. Root Ball (6:49)
6. Full Moon Ridge (6:42)
7. Legion Of Dome (10:30)

Search CARLTON MELTON Live In Point Arena lyrics

Search CARLTON MELTON Live In Point Arena tabs

- Andy Duvall / guitar, drums
- Brian McDougall / drums
- Rich Millman / guitar, synthesizers
- John Steuernagel / bass

Self-released

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

CARLTON MELTON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARLTON MELTON Live In Point Arena Music

Imports 2012
Vinyl$53.54
Country WaysCountry Ways
Revolver 2013

More places to buy CARLTON MELTON music online Buy CARLTON MELTON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARLTON MELTON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARLTON MELTON Live In Point Arena ratings distribution

CARLTON MELTON Live In Point Arena reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych / Avant / Neo Teams
4 stars Exactly 'July 17th, 2008' was the special day for them.

Rich Millman emphasized me about the beauty of the Mendocino County coastline in Northern California. Yes, their beautiful psychedelia with relaxed plays should be the most influenced by this atmosphere around them. So, honest to say, I can imagine their sounds visualized should look like quiet ripples under the setting sun - they can play not only drone but noble surrealistic music, BRAVO!

By the way, suggest that CARLTON MELTON themselves should be the happiest of all around this live album - in the Geodesic Dome they could get full support by the audience mates, the recording staffs, and the air and echoic effect of the Dome. And of course, most of all, their skills of playing and psychedelic essence, and their pleasure!

From the beginning they can show obviously their powerful personality and pleasure to play. The first track Happy Song should be just as the title says. Absolutely they are absorbed in the happy world...with playing as they wanna do, especially relaxed but steady drumming. All players and audience and us - the listeners of this album - are in the same realm existed as a Dome I always feel. On the contrary, the next Against The Wall is a danger...as if I could be made to face the earthquake melting down our 'earth' by rumbling noises and sounds. But I wonder, why I be satisfied and amazed with such a low-pitched shout of all instruments. F**king Funky S**T, despite of the title, is a comfort. Also here 'graceful' drum sounds can lead me to psychedelically comfortable underground. Inter Mission and Root Ball are completely improvised guitar heroes - as if they make something impressing from the utter vacancy. Full Moon Ridge is an union of their psychedelic elements - that is, I wanna say, their masterpiece. They say they are influenced by various elderly musicians and pioneers, and in this song I can feel an old flavour I have experienced long time before...right? In the last, suitable for the last of this album, Legion Of Dome, CARLTON MELTON and the audience and us could be united with the Dome they played in to form an exact psychedelia...by the heavy and dark soundscape.

Please be intoxicated with CARLTON MELTON - a gift from a beautiful coastline.

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#256191) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Post a review of CARLTON MELTON "Live In Point Arena"