NIGHT ON THE BARE MOUNTAIN

7. Una notte sul Monte Calvo

Search NEW TROLLS Night on the bare mountain lyrics

Search NEW TROLLS Night on the bare mountain tabs

PAN 88278

NEW TROLLS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NEW TROLLS Night on the bare mountain Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
New Trolls 67 - 85New Trolls 67 - 85
CD new trolls
~ USD $18.71
CD searching for a land
~ USD $17.62
CD senza orario sneza bandiera
~ USD $17.62
LP senza orario, senza bandiera
LP ut
CD ut
~ USD $17.62

More places to buy NEW TROLLS music online Buy NEW TROLLS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NEW TROLLS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NEW TROLLS Night on the bare mountain ratings distribution

NEW TROLLS Night on the bare mountain reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars New Trolls is an interesting band, for sure. They developed from ye olde beat and pop/ rock of the sixties into an ever more progressive and eclectic band. I love the 'Concerto grosso', 'Searching for a new land' and 'UT'. Especially 'UT'. I find that album to be very varied, hard rocking and challenging album that grows on you. At first I didn't get it at all but it revealed itself after some time. Great album by a great band. 'Night on bare mountain' seems to be the following album and is quite interesting aswell.

Musically New Trolls stands in both classical elements and hard rock, creating a wonderful brew of progressive rock that spans across the universe. Quite evident is their love of jazz and folk, which adds to the great flavor of the album. I would say, however, that the music is less challenging on this one, compared to 'UT', but ot the other hand it feels more cohesive and held together. The good thing is that the songs are presented in a sort of uniform state, the problem is that the songs actually are similar to each other, resulting in an album of great material but nothing really stand out.

There is an abundance of marvellous instrumentation on this album. The title track is an electronic sounding, pulsating thing with an overly classical reference which works great. The massive amounts of keyboards, not to mention organ, is a treat and being a fan of keyboards I cannot be anything other than amused. There is a delicate feel to it all that is at times abruptly interrupted by outbursts of heavy rock. That is very enjoyable and one is kept on ones toes, actually.

As far as individual tracks are concerned, every song is great and better. When I listen to the album I really nod my head in recognition. 'This is so great', I find myself saying, and I mean it. The music is really great in all it's jazzy progressive rock. It is wonderful. But I cannot really pick any one track out, apart from the title track. I cannot hum them. That is a shame, because the songs are really good. Maybe it's the similarities they share that is to blame? I don't really know. Or perhaps this album marks a decline in the fortunes of the New Trolls? Whatever the reason, I find that 'Night on bare mountain' is really enjoyable and well performed, simply not outstanding. I wish for it to be released on CD, some day, because then I will buy it. If you haven't listened to New Trolls, start with 'Concerto grosso' or 'UT'. Save this one for later.

Post a review of NEW TROLLS "Night on the bare mountain"