ATOMIC SYSTEM [AKA: UNA NOTTE SUL MONTE CALVO]

New Trolls Atomic System [Aka: Una Notte Sul Monte Calvo] album cover

Buy NEW TROLLS Music
Studio Album, released in 1973

NOTE: THIS ALBUM IS DUPLICATED ON THE "NEW TROLLS ATOMIC SYSTEM" DISCOGRAPHY

1. La Nuova Predica Di Padre O'Brien (6:40)
2. Ho Visto Poi (7:28)
3. Tornare A Credere (8:30)
4. Ibernazione (5:45)
5. Quando L'Erba Vestiva La Terra (7:15)
6. Butterfly (8:05)

Total time 43:43

Bonus track on 1976, 1988 & 1996 reissues:
7. Una Notte Sul Monte Calvo (Night On The Bare Mountain) (1973 Single) (3:30)

Search NEW TROLLS Atomic System [Aka: Una Notte Sul Monte Calvo] lyrics

- Ramasandiran Somusundaram / percussion

With:
- Giulietta / backing vocals
- Annarita Pirastu / backing vocals
- Piero Darini / backing vocals (6)

LP Magma ‎- MAGL 18003 (1973, Italy)
LP PAN ‎- 88 278 IT (1974, Germany) Re-titled "Night On The Bare Mountain", new cover art and a bonus track
LP Magma ‎- mal 05 (1976, Italy) Re-titled "Una Notte Sul Monte Calvo", new cover and a bonus track

CD Crime ‎- K32Y 2160 (1988, Japan) With a bonus track
CD Vinyl Magic ‎- VM 060 (1996, Italy) Remastered (?) with a bonus track

and to Quinino for the last updates

NEW TROLLS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NEW TROLLS Atomic System [Aka: Una Notte Sul Monte Calvo] Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Concerto GrossoConcerto Grosso
Warner Italy 1999
Concerto Grosso 3-The Seven Seasons-Concerto Grosso 3-The Seven Seasons-
Imports 2007
3cd Collection: New Trolls3cd Collection: New Trolls
Warner Italy 2013
New Trolls 67 - 85New Trolls 67 - 85
Warner Italy 2012
The Seven Seasons (Concerto Grosso 3)The Seven Seasons (Concerto Grosso 3)
Edel Europe 2007
Senza Orario Senza BSenza Orario Senza B
Warner Italy 2012
Concerto GrossoConcerto Grosso
Imports 2015

More places to buy NEW TROLLS music online Buy NEW TROLLS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

NEW TROLLS Atomic System [Aka: Una Notte Sul Monte Calvo] ratings distribution

NEW TROLLS Atomic System [Aka: Una Notte Sul Monte Calvo] reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars New Trolls is an interesting band, for sure. They developed from ye olde beat and pop/ rock of the sixties into an ever more progressive and eclectic band. I love the 'Concerto grosso', 'Searching for a new land' and 'UT'. Especially 'UT'. I find that album to be very varied, hard rocking and challenging album that grows on you. At first I didn't get it at all but it revealed itself after some time. Great album by a great band. 'Night on bare mountain' seems to be the following album and is quite interesting aswell.

Musically New Trolls stands in both classical elements and hard rock, creating a wonderful brew of progressive rock that spans across the universe. Quite evident is their love of jazz and folk, which adds to the great flavor of the album. I would say, however, that the music is less challenging on this one, compared to 'UT', but ot the other hand it feels more cohesive and held together. The good thing is that the songs are presented in a sort of uniform state, the problem is that the songs actually are similar to each other, resulting in an album of great material but nothing really stand out.

There is an abundance of marvellous instrumentation on this album. The title track is an electronic sounding, pulsating thing with an overly classical reference which works great. The massive amounts of keyboards, not to mention organ, is a treat and being a fan of keyboards I cannot be anything other than amused. There is a delicate feel to it all that is at times abruptly interrupted by outbursts of heavy rock. That is very enjoyable and one is kept on ones toes, actually.

As far as individual tracks are concerned, every song is great and better. When I listen to the album I really nod my head in recognition. 'This is so great', I find myself saying, and I mean it. The music is really great in all it's jazzy progressive rock. It is wonderful. But I cannot really pick any one track out, apart from the title track. I cannot hum them. That is a shame, because the songs are really good. Maybe it's the similarities they share that is to blame? I don't really know. Or perhaps this album marks a decline in the fortunes of the New Trolls? Whatever the reason, I find that 'Night on bare mountain' is really enjoyable and well performed, simply not outstanding. I wish for it to be released on CD, some day, because then I will buy it. If you haven't listened to New Trolls, start with 'Concerto grosso' or 'UT'. Save this one for later.

Post a review of NEW TROLLS "Atomic System [Aka: Una Notte Sul Monte Calvo]"