REI MOMO

David Byrne

David Byrne Rei Momo album cover

Buy DAVID BYRNE Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Independence Day (5:44)
2. Make Believe Mambo (5:23)
3. The Call Of The Wild (4:54)
4. Dirty Old Town (4:13)
5. The Rose Tattoo (3:51)
6. Loco De Amor (3:46)
7. The Dream Police (3:00)
8. Don't Want To Be Part Of Your World (4:58)
9. Marching Through The Wilderness (4:30)
10. Good And Evil (4:35)
11. Lie To Me (3:37)
12. Office Cowboy (3:40)
13. Women Vs. Men (4:05)
14. Carnival Eyes (4:04)
15. I Know Sometimes A Man Is Wrong (3:14)

Search DAVID BYRNE Rei Momo lyrics

Search DAVID BYRNE Rei Momo tabs

- David Byrne / Guitar, Vocals, String Arrangements
- Milton Cardona / Conga, Vocals, Choir, Claves, Bata, Iya, Quinto, Shekere, Tambor
- Angel Fernandez / Trumpet, Woodwind, Brass Arrangement
- Lewis Kahn / Trombone, Violin
- Jose Mangual Jr. / Bongos, Conga, Choir, Bells, Bata, Guira, Guiro, Guichero
- Paquito Pastor / Piano, Fender Rhodes, String Arrangements
- Steve Sacks / Sax (Baritone), Brass Arrangement
- Andy González / Bass, Contrabass
- Robert Ameen / Drums
- Juan Martinez / Drums

LP: Sire Records Company 9 25990-1 (US)

CD: Warner Bros. Records 925 990-2 (France/Germany), Sire Records Company 9 25990-2 (US),

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

DAVID BYRNE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID BYRNE Rei Momo Music

Rei MomoRei Momo
Warner Bros. Label 2012
Rei Momo by David Byrne (1989-05-03)Rei Momo by David Byrne (1989-05-03)
Warner Bros. Label
Rei Momo by Warner Bros. LabelRei Momo by Warner Bros. Label
Warner Bros. Label
David Byrne - Intervew And Music From Rei Momo PRO-CD-3820 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 4m
DAVID BYRNE OF THE TALKING HEADS: REI MOMO CD! VG+ USD $6.19 Buy It Now 15h 17m
David Byrne Sounds From True Stories / Rei Momo UK cassette album USD $17.99 Buy It Now 22h 34m
BYRNE,DAVID SIRE 25990 REI MOMO M- ST $50.00 DJ COVER USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
David Byrne - Rei Momo Music CD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rei Momo David Byrne Audio CD USD $47.99 Buy It Now 1 day
David Byrne - Rei Momo- with inner Free UK postage USD $16.49 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BYRNE - REI MOMO - TAPE CASSETTE ALBUM (TALKING HEADS) USD $2.34 [0 bids]
David Byrne "Rei Momo" (CASSETTE 1989 Sire) VG USD $6.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Rei Momo by David Byrne (CD, Oct-1989, Luaka Bop/Sire) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Rei Momo - David Byrne (CD Used Very Good) CD-R USD $10.95 Buy It Now 3 days
David Byrne - Rei Momo (NEW CD) USD $8.82 Buy It Now 6 days
David Byrne: Rei momo - cassette tape 3f USD $1.50 Buy It Now 6 days
David Byrne - Rei Momo 1989 Cassette SEALED Rock USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
David Byrne ?- Rei Momo USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Rei Momo David Byrne CD album (CDLP) Japanese promo 25XE-12 ALFA 1989 USD $38.60 Buy It Now 7 days
REI MOMO - David Byrne - Longbox - LONG BOX ONLY - NO CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Rei Momo by David Byrne (CD, Oct-1989, Luaka Bop/Sire) USD $2.90 [0 bids]
DAVID BYRNE - REI MOMO CD POP 15 TRACKS NEW+ USD $13.27 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BYRNE[TALKING HEADS]: REI MOMO [Make Believe Mambo,The Call of the Wild++] USD $8.98 Buy It Now 8 days
David Byrne ORIG OZ LP Rei momo NM 1989 Talking Heads Alt Rock World Fusion USD $14.11 Buy It Now 9 days
David Byrne - Rei Momo [LP] Talking Heads USD $11.76 Buy It Now 9 days
DAVID BYRNE rei momo ( rock ) - TOP COPY - USD $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
David Byrne - Rei Momo - 1989 CD [TALKING HEADS] - FAST FREE SHIPPING USD $6.95 Buy It Now 9 days
CASSETTE: DAVID BYRNE Rei momo NEW WAVE TALKING HEADS USD $3.91 Buy It Now 10 days
DAVID BYRNE REI MOMO LP LUAKA BOP WARNERS 1989 USD $15.69 Buy It Now 12 days
DAVID BYRNE - Rei Momo / Cassette Album Tape / Talking Heads / 3651 USD $3.26 Buy It Now 14 days
David Byrne - Rei Momo NEW CD USD $6.38 Buy It Now 15 days
Rei Momo by David Byrne (Cassette, Oct-1989, Luaka B... USD $6.50 Buy It Now 15 days
David Byrne Rei Momo LP vinyl USD $19.61 Buy It Now 15 days
DAVID BYRNE, REI MOMO /TAKING HEADS SOLO/ LP 1989 GERMANY NM/EX-, INNER/SL USD $10.77 Buy It Now 17 days
David Byrne 1989 sire record talking heads rei momo venezuela pressing vg++++++ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 17 days
David Byrne-Rei Momo CD NEW USD $16.63 Buy It Now 18 days
DAVID BYRNE rei momo 1989 YUGOSLAVIAN black AUDIO CASSETTE orange label USD $10.00 Buy It Now 18 days
David Byrne Rei Momo LP 1989 Sire Records 9 25990-1 (EX Vinyl) 1st Press USD $14.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Rei Momo by David Byrne (CD, Oct-1989, Luaka Bop/Sire) USD $1.50 Buy It Now 19 days
DAVID BYRNE REI MOMO 89 CASSETTE ALBUM CUMBIA MERENGUE SAMBA SALSA TALKING HEADS USD $3.91 Buy It Now 21 days
Rei Momo - David Byrne Compact Disc USD $9.77 Buy It Now 22 days
Rei Momo by David Byrne (CD, Oct-1989, Luaka Bop/Sire) USD $16.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Rei Momo by David Byrne (CD, Oct-1989, Luaka Bop/Sire) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 23 days
DAVID BYRNE - REI MOMO 1989 SIRE WX 319 UK 1ST PRESS W/ INNER TALKING HEADS USD $13.07 Buy It Now 24 days
David Byrne, Rei Momo, Excellent USD $4.99 Buy It Now 25 days
David Byrne - Rei Momo (CD,1989, Luaka Bop/Sire) VG+ 8/10 USD $8.35 Buy It Now 25 days
DAVID BYRNE [of Talking Heads] REI MOMO 1999 SIRE CASSETTE TAPE USD $3.91 Buy It Now 26 days
David Byrne - Rei Momo - Talking heds - Germany - UKWX319 Vinyl LP USD $11.71 Buy It Now 26 days
DAVID BYRNE - "REI MOMO". WX 319. 925 190-1. 1989 LP USD $10.45 Buy It Now 26 days
DAVID BYRNE - Rei Momo USD $6.53 Buy It Now 27 days
Rei Momo by David Byrne CD, Oct-1989, Luaka Bop / Sire Free Shipping U.S.A. USD $7.51 Buy It Now 27 days
DAVID BYRNE - "Rei Momo" Brazilophilic Pop USD $2.99 Buy It Now 27 days
DAVID BYRNE-REI MOMO-RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV CASSETTE TAPE-ROCK/LATIN USD $9.99 Buy It Now 28 days
DAVID BYRNE - REI MOMO - CASSETTE TAPE - WARNER BROS (1989) USD $5.22 Buy It Now 28 days
DAVID BYRNE REI MOMO (1989) JAPAN CD 25XE-12 SEALED USD $50.99 Buy It Now 28 days
David Byrne : Rei Momo CD (1989) USD $4.98 Buy It Now 29 days
David Byrne / TOUR ITINERARY / Rei Momo Tour 1989 TALKING HEADS USD $49.99 Buy It Now 29 days
14/10/89Pgn42 Advert: 'rei Momo' New From King Of Carnival David Byrne 10x7 USD $9.15 Buy It Now 29 days
Lot of 2 David Byrne Cassettes "Rei Momo" "The Forest" EUC USD $12.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy DAVID BYRNE music online Buy DAVID BYRNE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID BYRNE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID BYRNE Rei Momo ratings distribution

DAVID BYRNE Rei Momo reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars I have a very mixed opinion of David Byrne's music. I adore the music that he recorded with Talking Heads and I hold their first four albums high on my list. Among which, their debut album happens to be one of my top 20 favorite albums of all time! His collaboration with Brian Eno on My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts was also one of those excellent albums that I would have never anticipated before actually hearing it for the first time. After all this, it might be surprising that I actually have not been all that impressed by his solo career.

Make no mistake, I love David Byrne's artistic vision, but he's not a very self-sufficient artist. By that I mean that he should not be let loose in the studio without a higher authority supervising his actions. While in Talking Heads he had the band to throw his ideas at and with Brian Eno it's generally never going to be a fair collaboration, even though Eno has softened up quite a bit in the last few years. This meant that David Byrne had always someone to collaborate with on those projects. Although many of the tracks on Rei Momo have been co-written with other artists it's clear that Byrne is keeping the upper-hand on his side and doesn't let any interference with his meddling in the control room.

The end result of Rei Momo is an album filled with World Music-inspired material that is completely soaked in Hispanic and Brazilian song styles and rhythms that might please some fans who would claim that Byrne is expanding his artistic vision. Unfortunately I really don't see it that way because there is no real theme to link all these compositions together resulting in a very artificial record that makes no sense in a broader scope of this artist's career. Still, my main objection isn't related to the combination of David Byrne and Latin beats, but against the quality of these compositions from a songwriting point of view. Maybe it's because this wild combination has a limited span of possibilities for an artist who has no intension of expanding his vision outside the bare minimum that would require him to sound exotic for the U.S. and European markets?

Rei Momo was my introduction to David Byrne's solo career and set a bad tone for my later explorations of his discography. The only really interesting moment here comes towards the end with the song called Women Vs Men which for once actually fits Byrne's style quite well but that moment comes 13 songs too late.

**** star songs: Independence Day (5:45) Call Of The Wild (4:55) Loco De Amor (3:51) Marching Through The Wilderness (4:30) Lie To Me (3:40) Women Vs Men (4:06) Carnival Eyes (4:04) I Know Sometimes A Man Is Wrong (3:11)

*** star songs: Dirty Old Town (4:12) Rose Tattoo (3:50) Dream Police (3:00) Don't Want To Be Part Of Your World (4:55) Good And Evil (4:35) Office Cowboy (3:40)

** star songs: Make Believe Mambo (5:23)

Review by Guillermo
3 stars It is really a surprise for me to find that David Byrne and The Talking Heads were included in the Prog Archives database. I mean: was The Talking Heads a Progressive Rock band? I don`t think so. I think the same about this album, which is the only one solo album which I have listened from David Byrne, and it was a long time ago. In 1997, a friend lent me three albums in the cassette format: one from Rubén Blades (who is from Panama, if I remember well, and he is very good musician and particularly a very good lyricist in the Spanish language who plays Afro-Antillean music too), one from Molotov (an Alternative Rock Mexican band with funny lyrics with social commentaries), and this album from David Byrne. I liked all these three albums. Some years before that, I listened in the radio to one of the songs which was included in this "Rei Momo" album, titled "Loco de Amor". This album was recorded with Afro-Antillean musicians playing Afro-Antillean music (also called as Salsa Music in some countries) with lyrics written in the English language and sometimes also using a few Spanish words in the lyrics. The arrangements are played in this style of music, which is not one of my favourties, but I recognize that there are some very good musicians playing this kind of music (Juan Luis Guerra from Dominican Republic is also a very good musician and lyricist in this style of music). The mix of Afro-Antillean Music with English language lyrics in this "Rei Momo" album sounds a bit strange at the first listenings but at the same time funny in parts, but amazingly it works very well. Some of the lyrics are social commentaries, and I think that the best lyrics are for the song titled "Women Vs. Men", which seem directed to the extreme feminist followers in a very funny way.I don`t know if Byrne released another album like this, but it works very well even if it was only a one-off musical experiment.

Post a review of DAVID BYRNE "Rei Momo"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives