SCULPTURE

Buy BAK Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. The Search (2:38)
2. Why (3:45)
3. Can't Understand (7:44)
4. Not Just Your World (7:34)
5. Kali (3:38)
6. Pay (4:22)
7. Our Time (9:11)
8. Garuda (2:33)
9. Sands Of Time (5:39)
10. The Lament Of Curtain Von Schnauzer (6:42)

Search BAK Sculpture lyrics

Search BAK Sculpture tabs

- Beau / guitar, bass, bağlama
- Kit / drums, percussion, keyboards, piano

Released: April, 2010

Thanks to Rune2000 for the addition

BAK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BAK Sculpture Music

More places to buy BAK music online Buy BAK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BAK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BAK Sculpture ratings distribution

BAK Sculpture reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars BaK is what you get when you try to combine Middle Eastern and orchestral sounds together with arrangements of a traditional metal band. I've actually never been a big fan of this combination with the two Orphaned Land albums being my prime connection with the style. But unlike the Middle Eastern bands who incorporate sounds of the traditional metal into their style, BaK is (from what I can tell) actually an Australian act who does the reverse of just that. Whether this is something that would appeal more to the western audience is of course debatable but I personally found it a bit easier to get into the groove of this release.

Another interesting fact is that I've been listening to this album for almost three month now and I'm still discovering new details in it's sound that I was completely oblivious to in the early days. Some small snippet here and there is one thing but when I completely managed to ignore the underlying keyboard arrangements is quite weird. Just like the best film scores are the ones that conveniently place themselves in the background in order to make the audience concentrate their attention on the movie in front of them, there is clearly an intention behind this layering technique that BaK so adequately have demonstrated.

If I had to mention anything that I found less appealing then it would be the lack of a total dedication of the band to their style. Yes, the instruments are all in place and sound appropriate enough, but somehow I still can't get past the feeling that the whole oriental sound is merely a gimmick from the collective. I might of course be proven wrong after BaK starts releasing one studio album after the other where they enhance their sound even more. Other than that I really can't think of any other criticism regarding this release, making it easily one of the most ambitious debuts of the decade! Having said that I just realized that I know practically nothing about this mysterious Australian act so, for all I know, it could be comprised of a supergroup formation featuring members from many established bands. But that's just my bitter speculation considering the high quality of the music and production of this release!

BaK have certainly sculptured an excellent debut that the band can be proud of for years to come. If anything, I would be amazed if the collective can recreate the same quality on their future releases, but that is left to be seen. As for now, I highly recommend Sculpture to fans of eclectic metal music or anyone who is tired of the regular metal scene and is looking for new engaging music to sink their teeth into!

***** star songs: Why (3:45) Our Time (9:11)

**** star songs: The Search (2:38) Can't Understand (7:44) Not Just Your World (7:34) Kali (3:38) Pay (4:22) Garuda (2:33) Sands Of Time (5:39) The Lament Of Curtain Von Schnauzer (6:42)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#623114) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 30, 2012

Post a review of BAK "Sculpture"