FASTER THAN LIGHT LONGER THAN ETERNITY

- Senmuth / guitars, programming

Sympho, Industrial

Thanks to Lynx33 for the addition
and to octopus-4 for the last updates

SENMUTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SENMUTH Faster Than Light Longer Than Eternity Music

More places to buy SENMUTH music online Buy SENMUTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SENMUTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SENMUTH Faster Than Light Longer Than Eternity ratings distribution

SENMUTH Faster Than Light Longer Than Eternity reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars This Senmuth's album is more homogeneous than usual so I don't see the need of going track-by-track.

From the album's title I was expecting something more ambient and spacey like the excellent "Pat Hof Neu Rog Ene Sis" or "Planetary Dust". This is quite different from the other albums, instead.

Symphonic elements are perceivable since from the first seconds and for the first four tracks there's an improved attention to the structure and the melody even though the strong percussion are used to make the music more powerful and oriented to the industrial metal.

This album has resurrected in my mind some of the early impressions that I had when I initially approached Senmuth's music a couple of years ago: a sort of dreamy background, something that hits my perceptions at a subliminal level, but far from being a quality of the music, I think it's something specific to me. What I want to say is that this album sounds like an enhanced version, in terms of mood and ambient, of the first Senmuth's albums.

One element that is luckily almost missed from this album is the ethnic. Not because it's bad, but because it doesn't fit in this specific album even if a bit of ethnic is still present on some tracks.

Proceeding with the tracks, the central part of the album is more metal oriented and the good, for my tastes, comes at the end when effectively the tracks are more ambient oriented, in particular the closer.

An album close to the 4 stars rating, but not enough.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#801352) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Post a review of SENMUTH "Faster Than Light Longer Than Eternity"