EDITION LIMITÉE QUÉBEC 1998

Good, but non-essential

Buy THE FLOWER KINGS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1998

1. Kite (7:33)
2. Piece Of Nizzimo (6:30)
3. The Flower King (11:45)
4. Duke Of Nuke (5:40)
5. Garden Of Dreams Part 1 (7:35)
6. Buffalo Man (5:50)

- Tomas Bodin / keyboards
- Ulf Wallender / sax

(p)1998 Foxtrot Records - Ipso Facto IF-9802

and to Fragile (SS) for the last updates

THE FLOWER KINGS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE FLOWER KINGS Edition Limitée Québec 1998 Music

Desolation RoseDesolation Rose
Inside Out U.S. 2013
Space RevolverSpace Revolver
Banks of EdenBanks of Eden
Inside Out - EMI 2012
The Road Back Home: The Best Of (2CD)The Road Back Home: The Best Of (2CD)
Inside Out Music 2007
Flower Power (2CD)Flower Power (2CD)
Inside Out U.S. 1999
Stardust We Are (2CD)Stardust We Are (2CD)
Back in the World of AdventuresBack in the World of Adventures
Inside Out U.S. 2001
RetropolisRetropolis
Flower Power (2CD) (CD) The Flower Kings US $36.50 Buy It Now 2h 41m
THE FLOWER KINGS - BANKS OF EDEN * - NEW CD US $11.19 Buy It Now 4h 14m
FLOWER KINGS Stardust We Are 3x 180gm Vinyl LP + 2CD 2014 NEW & SEALED US $45.31 Buy It Now 4h 18m
KAIPA - Keyholder NEW CD SPV Flower Kings US $19.85 Buy It Now 10h 7m
The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are (NEW LP SET) US $56.72 Buy It Now 1 day
The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future TRANSATLANTIC KAIPA TANGENT AGENTS OF MERCY US $19.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Hasse Froberg & Musical Companion - CD 2010 -Future Past (The Flower Kings) US $2.43 [2 bids]
THE FLOWER KINGS (Sweden) Alive on Planet Earth 2 CD US $8.24 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FLOWER KINGS - RAINMAKER [THE FLOWER KINGS] - NEW CD US $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
RITUAL Superb Birth CD Progressive Rock Flower Kings / Kaipa BRAND NEW 2004 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Flower Kings Desolation Rose Factory Sealed Double vinyl LP US $38.50 Buy It Now 1 day
FLOWER KINGS - The Road Back Home - 2 CD set US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE FLOWER KINGS - STARDUST WE ARE, 2014 GERMAN 180G vinyl 3LP + 2CD, SEALED! US $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Progressive Rock Anthems CD Rick Wakeman Flower Kings Nektar Patrick Moraz YES US $3.99 [0 bids]
Flower Kings & Neal Morse Band - European Tour Poster US $4.86 [0 bids]
The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Flower Kings - The Rainmaker US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Flower Kings - The Sum Of No Evil US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future (2CD) US $13.50 Buy It Now 3 days
The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future (Import Digi Book) US $9.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Flower Kings Stardust We Are 2CD New & Sealed US $17.82 Buy It Now 3 days
Flower Kings, Rainmaker Audio CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE FLOWER KINGS - ALIVE ON PLANET EARTH (2 CDs - 2000) inside out label * Mint US $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
PROGDAY 2001 PROMO CD 11 TRACKS FLOWER KINGS YETI HANDS MAN ON FIRE ETC US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Desolation Rose by The Flower Kings *New CD* US $12.32 Buy It Now 3 days
Stardust We Are by The Flower Kings (CD, Sep-2000, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE FLOWER KINGS STARDUST WE ARE (GATEFOLD TRANSP. PURPLE 3LP+2CD) 100 COPIES US $134.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Flower Kings & Neal Morse Band - European Tour Poster US $4.86 [0 bids]
FLOWER KINGS - PARADOX HOTEL NEW CD US $25.60 Buy It Now 4 days
Hasse Bruniusson FLYING FOOD CIRCUS 2002 CD The Flower Kings Roine Stolt US $29.99 [0 bids]
Flower Kings : The Sum of No Evil CD (2007) US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
FLOWER KINGS-SPACE REVOLVER CD NEW US $18.03 Buy It Now 4 days
FLOWER KINGS-RETROPOLIS CD NEW US $16.86 Buy It Now 4 days
The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are (NEW 2CD) US $28.76 Buy It Now 4 days
The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose (NEW 2CD) US $25.52 Buy It Now 4 days
The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose (NEW CD) US $19.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose (2013) - New - Compact Disc US $12.30 Buy It Now 5 days
The Flower Kings : The Rainmaker CD (2001) US $13.37 Buy It Now 5 days
PARADOX HOTEL BY FLOWER KINGS (CD) US $23.56 Buy It Now 5 days
The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are (2xCD) US $17.02 Buy It Now 5 days
THE FLOWER KINGS FLOWER POWER 2 CD SET FOX 1999 US $10.99 [0 bids]
MOON SAFARI Lover's End CD PROG Genesis, Yes, Kaipa, Flower Kings, Glass Hammer US $11.74 [0 bids]
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose UK CD US $27.94 Buy It Now 5 days
Flower Kings - Rainmaker CD Pop Rock US $14.83 Buy It Now 5 days
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose Dig CD US $18.14 Buy It Now 5 days
The Flower Kings "Banks Of Eden" Limited Edition CD Roine Stolt *Free Shipping* US $12.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Rainmaker by The Flower Kings CD Transatlantic Marillion Pain Of SalvAtion Yes US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Adam & Eve Flower Kings German CD album (CDLP) IOMCD174 INSIDE OUT 2004 US $28.37 Buy It Now 6 days
THE FLOWER KINGS - DESOLATION ROSE, 2013 GERMAN 180G vinyl 2LP + 2CD, SEALED! US $28.99 Buy It Now 7 days
FLOWER KINGS - DESOLATION ROSE (UK) NEW CD US $31.69 Buy It Now 7 days
Flower Kings - Space Revolver [CD New] US $14.61 Buy It Now 7 days
Banks of Eden * by The Flower Kings *New CD* US $10.33 Buy It Now 7 days
Stardust We Are by The Flower Kings (CD, Feb-2000, Inside Out) US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Back in the World of Adventures by The Flower Kings (CD, Jan-2001, Inside Out... US $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Flower Power by The Flower Kings (CD, Nov-1999, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Sum Of No Evil (Special Edition) by The Flower Kings (CD, Sep-2007, 2... US $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel [CD New] US $15.96 Buy It Now 7 days
Meet the Flower Kings by Flower Kings (The) (CD, Nov-2003, 2 Discs, Inside... US $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Paradox Hotel - Flower Kings US $15.41 Buy It Now 8 days
FLOWER KINGS Japan 1998 NM CD SCANNING THE GREENHOUSE US $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Stardust We Are [VINYL] The Flower Kings Vinyl US $56.16 Buy It Now 8 days
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose [CD New] US $27.40 Buy It Now 8 days
Flower Kings - Stardust We Are [Vinyl New] US $47.15 Buy It Now 9 days
THE FLOWER KINGS- Desolation Rose 2-LP + CD (NEW/SEALED 2013 Vinyl) PROG Rock US $27.48 Buy It Now 9 days
Stardust We Are by The Flower Kings *New Vinyl LP* US $57.65 Buy It Now 9 days
Rainmaker by The Flower Kings (CD, Sep-2001, Inside Out Music) US $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Banks of Eden * by The Flower Kings (CD, Jun-2012, In2) US $16.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Desolation Rose [10/29] by The Flower Kings (CD, Oct-2013, Inside Out Music) US $17.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Retropolis by The Flower Kings (CD, Sep-2000, Inside Out Music) US $17.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Flower Power by The Flower Kings (CD, Nov-1999, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $20.95 Buy It Now 10 days
The Flower Kings - Banks Of Eden (2012) - Used - Compact Disc US $7.88 Buy It Now 11 days
THE FLOWER KINGS - ADAM & EVE [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $15.61 Buy It Now 11 days
FLOWER KINGS - RETROPOLIS NEW CD US $21.30 Buy It Now 11 days
Flower Kings - Flower Power [CD New] US $17.38 Buy It Now 11 days
FLOWER KINGS ADAM & EVE CD JEWEL CASE US $11.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE FLOWER KINGS - ALIVE ON PLANET EARTH [THE FLOWER KINGS] [CD - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.19 Buy It Now 12 days
@ CD Reptilian - Castle Of Yesterday SS FLOWER KINGS MAJESTIC REGAIN RECORDS US $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Adam & Eve by The Flower Kings *New CD* US $10.10 Buy It Now 12 days
The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose NEW CD US $18.05 Buy It Now 12 days
Flower Kings - Adam & Eve [CD New] US $12.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose (deluxe) NEW CD US $21.72 Buy It Now 13 days
Space Revolver by The Flower Kings *New CD* US $12.04 Buy It Now 13 days
Swedish Prog psych KAIPA ~ SOLO lp w/ Insert FLOWER KINGS VERY Clean vinyl is NM US $60.00 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW Desolation Rose by The Flower Kings (CD) US $27.50 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW Desolation Rose by The Flower Kings (CD) US $21.28 Buy It Now 13 days
FLOWER KINGS - FLOWER POWER NEW CD US $25.60 Buy It Now 13 days
Flower Kings - Back In The World Of Adventure [CD New] US $16.11 Buy It Now 13 days
Flower Kings - Stardust We Are [CD New] US $19.35 Buy It Now 13 days
Flower Kings - Banks Of Eden [CD New] US $14.17 Buy It Now 13 days
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose [CD New] US $15.26 Buy It Now 13 days
Flower Kings - Adam & Eve CD US $18.62 Buy It Now 13 days
Flower Kings - Meet The Flower Kings [CD New] US $17.85 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy THE FLOWER KINGS music online Buy THE FLOWER KINGS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE FLOWER KINGS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE FLOWER KINGS Edition Limitée Québec 1998 ratings distribution

THE FLOWER KINGS Edition Limitée Québec 1998 reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This relatively rare mini album holds some rarities and live material.

I must honestly say that the live recordings (April 1996) won't add anything to your TFK discography. "Piece Of Nizzimo" is a dull number very much percussion-oriented. With such a title, I would expect a nice portion of an old Roine great number "Hummanizzimo". Nothing like it, unfortunately.

"Duke Of Nuke", the second live track is another instrumental piece (if you expect some anecdotal words). Very quiet, almost Crimsonesque ("Islands") for the first third. It turns into a complete and messy improvisation. Another boring track.

The version of "The Flower King" featured here is the one you can find on their first compilation album "Scanning the Grenhouse". So, nothing really new here. I just can confirm that my preference goes to the original one.

Two unreleased tracks here : "Kite" is the opener and a very good TFK song. Rather typical with good guitar work and nice vocals as well, like TFK has produced a lot in their very prolific career. I am less positive about the tribal mood of "Buffalo Man". Strong percussions and a bit funky as well. Should have remained unreleased, IMO.

Another good piece of music is an early recording of their very looooooong "Garden Of Dreams" (almost one hour, form their "Flower Power" album). I admit that the full version is way too long but this one is probably too short. But if I had to chose between the two, I would say that the short one (actually an intro of the whole) would have my preference.

This is a record which can only be of interest to TFK die-hard fans. Some good tracks (three) in either pre- or post-released version makes it appealing to these fans. Still, this is far to be essential. Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#121841) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 12, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars When this CD came out, I was curious about how the music looks like even though I have been familiar with the music of The Flower Kings and I did not think that it would differ from the music I had been listening to. This was due to this edition printed only couple of hundreds (around 600 or 700, I forget) of CDs, so I lost my chance enjoying the CD. Due to many pressures from fans, lately this version was available at local CD store. As the promo said, this edition contained six never before released tracks by the Flower Kings.

The CD starts beautifully with "Kite" (7.33) which I presumed it was a left-over from the "Retropolis" album because it's composed in 1985 but was just recorded sometime before 1996. From this song I can draw the line that this is the kind of The Flower Kings music that I had been familiar with and I expect the band would continue with this kind of music. It's composed in medium tempo with stunning guitar work. "Piece Of Nizzimo "(6.30) is recorded live from Uppsala, Sweden on April 5th, 1996. The song contains jamming style demonstrating percussion solo and drums until the song ends. It's quite dynamic as live track and I enjoy it. The only point is that the recording quality is not that good. "The Flower King" (11.45) is my favorite track by Roine Stolt, it has mind-boggling composition especially in its melody and chorus line. I have made a long comment of this track through my other review at this page. I even put the title of my review on Roine Stolt debut album with this chorus line : "We believe in the light we believe in love, every precious little thing. We believe you can still surrender, you can serve the Flower King". It's really a true progressive rock song that is very difficult to challenge by other bands in progressive arena.

"Duke Of Nuke" (5.40) has its roots on combination of jazz music and symphonic which in the middle the music turns into the kind of new age music with some sound effects programming. "Garden Of Dreams Part 1" (7.35) is basically recorded under Flower Power but this time is the demo version. "Buffalo Man" (5.50) concludes this edition with another style that The Flower Kings had never played before, ie. combining symphonic and space psychedelic style plus some grooves. It's a good track, really. I love the interlude part where bass guitar plays dynamically as main rhythm section and guitar takes the lead melody roles. It's very entertaining and uplifting!

Overall, this compilation is highly recommended for the loyal fans of The Flower KJings because it contains excellent compositions. As for newbie, this might be an interesting album as well because The Flower King delivers full stream of progressive music. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#149151) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 05, 2007

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars This collection by The Flower Kings contains live tracks, alternate takes and some unreleased tracks. It's not a bad collection, but I would not call it essential. Kite is the opening track, and is very typical of The Flower Kings in the late 90's. It's competent prog, and keeps me listening throughout. Piece Of Nizzimo get a lot of flack here for being not much more than an extended percussion solo. Maybe that's all it is, but the exuberance of the band playing around the percussion makes it fun.

The live recording of The Flower King intrigues me. On the surface, it has little to add that other recordings of the song haven't given, but the solo section, for some reason, always brings to my mind Zappa's band. And that's a good thing.

I like the remainder of the album, but the rest of the songs never seem to hold my interest like the first few. This collection is worth picking up if you can find it. But don't go too far out of your way.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#247297) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 30, 2009

2 stars Worth having if you are a Flower Kings completest (like myself :) for the song Kite alone, a very Yes-like piece with a wonderful melody. The rest is okay, but nothing special (at the time I got it, Duke Of Nuke was the only live representation of the Kings performing with Bruniusson on percussi ... (read more)

Report this review (#215195) | Posted by infandous | Tuesday, May 12, 2009 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Worth having if you are a Flower Kings completist (like myself :) for the song Kite alone. The rest is okay, but nothing special (at the time I got it, Duke Of Nuke was the only live representation of the Kings performing with Bruniusson on percussion......but the DVD took care of that in a much ... (read more)

Report this review (#74635) | Posted by | Tuesday, April 11, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Originally released as a 700 copies ltd 'compilation' with not-released material, but now it fortunately seems to be generally available. This cd contains what seems to be 'leftovers' from earlier sessions (Kite, Buffalo Man), alternate or demo recordings (The Flower King, Garden of Dreams) an ... (read more)

Report this review (#2644) | Posted by | Tuesday, April 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE FLOWER KINGS "Edition Limitée Québec 1998"