THERE'S A GUY WORKS DOWN THE CHIP SHOP SWEARS, HE'S FISH

Fish

Fish There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish album cover

Buy FISH Music
Live, released in 1991

1. Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors (10:07)
2. Credo (7:57)
3. Tongues (7:03)
4. Incubus (9:48)
5. The Company (4:16)
6. Big Wedge (6:49)
7. Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes (10:32)
8. Heart Of Lothian (4:00)

Search FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish lyrics

Search FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish tabs

Kiss The Stone (KTS062)

and to WiguJimbo for the last updates

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish Music

POWDER BLUES RED HOT / TRUE BLUE '83 FLYING FISH BLUES JAZZ ULTRA RARE LP NMint US $8.15 Buy It Now 30m 31s
THREE FISH Full PROMO CD, Jeff Ament, Pearl Jam, 1996 on SONY LABEL, SHIPS FREE! US $24.99 [0 bids]
38m 27s
FISH - SUITS Brand NEW & SEALED Rare Poland Pressing MC Symphonic Rock Marrilion US $6.90 Buy It Now 38m 53s
Fish Eye Lens by Soul Shock Remedy (CD, 1995, R.E.X,) OOP US $9.99 Buy It Now 41m 34s
MOSES RASCOE Blues '87 FLYING FISH 1st Press ORIG BLUES JAZZ ULTRA RARE LP NMint US $6.79 Buy It Now 46m 41s
Bryan Bowers - The View from Home LP Flying Fish Autoharp US $8.00 Buy It Now 51m 8s
Tom Paxton - One Million Lawyers and Other Disasters LP Flying Fish US $12.00 Buy It Now 52m 16s
Country Joe & The Fish, Electric Music. 180 Gram 33rpm, Sealed Vinyl LP US $64.99 Buy It Now 1h
RUMBLE FISH - MEMORY FOR YOU NEW CD US $27.33 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Lennon Shaved Fish album US $0.99 [0 bids]
Fish & Vegetables by Various Artists US $74.50 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Hillbilly Jazz, Flying Fish 101-2 Gatefold 2 LP Set Record Album Vinyl US $14.97 Buy It Now 1h 14m
FISH - 1 PAGE ADVERT/POSTER FROM UK MUSIC MAGAZINE. INTERNAL EXILE.....MARILLION US $8.39 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Our Lady Peace/Happiness Is Not A Fish That You Can Catch/1999 CD Album US $8.39 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Larry Coryell Brian Keane Flying Fish LP 1984 US $9.99 [0 bids]
REEL BIG FISH - EVERYTHING SUCKS [REEL BIG FISH] - NEW CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Three Fish, Three Fish, Acceptable US $6.28 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Headin' Down to Henry's by The Wags (CD, 2000, FISH FAMILY) NEW FACTORY SEALED US $11.95 Buy It Now 1h 49m
BARRY MELTON The Fish '76 UK x Country Joe w Ken Whaley Help Yourself NM- US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Glenn Rowlands: I Think I Can (CD: 1995 Floppy Fish Records) US $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 16m
REEL BIG FISH Fame, Fortune, and Fornication CD - ska, punk, cool stuff US $2.98 [0 bids]
FISH - 13TH STAR - BRAND NEW SEALED RARE CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $17.98 Buy It Now 2h 25m
MARILLION BRAVE VINYL 1994 YES SUPERTRAMP FISH US $20.00 [0 bids]
1 CENT CD School of Fish - School of Fish US $0.01 [1 bids]
Paul Geremia Flying Fish Folk Blues LP 1982 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Greatest Hit...and More [PA] by Reel Big Fish (CD, Nov-2006, Mojo Music... US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
1 CENT CD Human Cannonball - School of Fish US $0.01 [0 bids]
ECLECTRICITY Language of The Heart vinyl LP 1982 Flying Fish Records EX FOLK US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Lennon Plastic Ono Band Shaved Fish LP US $16.39 Buy It Now 3h 7m
REO Speedwagon - You can Tune a piano, but you can't Tuna fish - 8 track tape US $1.65 [0 bids]
SAY WHAT FRESH FISH CASS RARE OOP CCM US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 27m
COUNTRY JOE MCDONALD & THE FISH LIVE AT WOODSTOCK - GERMAN SP 1970 US $16.79 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON PLASTIC ONO BAND SHAVED FISH LP WITH INNER SLEEVE 775 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Fish Rising + 2 Steve Hillage Audio CD US $14.67 Buy It Now 4h
RARE REGGAE 45 BAMMIE & FISH - SKIN FLESH & BONES / BUTTER FE FISH - MART'S US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h
MARILLION Fugazi 1984 EURO / JAPAN 1st pressing CD issue fish US $24.00 Buy It Now 4h 2m
MARILLION Fugazi UK 1st CD issue no barcode fish US $11.20 Buy It Now 4h 2m
JACOB'S MOUSE No Fish Shop Parking BLITHERING IDIOT US $15.11 Buy It Now 4h 16m
TINA COUSINS - Killin time (Fish head remix) - 2-track 12" Single DJ Promo US $14.27 Buy It Now 4h 21m
PARIS ANGELES - CARL FISH 12" VINYL HOUSE SER006 US $10.07 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Unusual 1975 FLYING FISH LP COUNTRY COOKING w FICTION Brothers Folk Roots NM! US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 23m
John Renbourn & Robin Williamson - Wheel of Fortune CD (Flying Fish) US $7.00 Buy It Now 4h 30m
HAPPY TRAUM NM Bright Morning Stars GR-703 Greenhays Flying fish album vinyl US $15.95 Buy It Now 4h 37m
John Lennon "Shaved Fish" Near Mint LP Top Copy! US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
**PICTURE DISC** Fish Heads Barnes & Barnes Greatest Hits Fish Head LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH--Together--LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH - I FEEL LIKE I'M FIXIN' TO DIE 1967 LP ORIGINAL VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
BABEL FISH ASTRONAUTILAS split LIMITED EDITION LP NEW US $4.95 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Marillion CD Remixomatosis Rare 2CD Fish Marbles Genesis Dream Theater US $119.99 Buy It Now 5h 42m
For Instance What's That, a Fish? 7" vinyl LIMITED 1990 US $6.95 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Do Fish Do It? ( Fickende Fische ) [DVD] US $28.91 Buy It Now 5h 53m
BIG FISH Promo Only SCORE CD Danny Elfman US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Christmas With a Capital C - Fish Go New & Sealed CD US $19.83 Buy It Now 6h 23m
SCHOOL OF FISH: Self Titled LP CAPITOL RECORDS C14557 US 1991 NM US $44.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
I FEEL LIKE I'M FIXIN TO DIE BY Country Joe and the Fish LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
SCHOOL OF FISH: LIVE IN L.A. 8/22/91 - RED VINYL US $40.00 [0 bids]
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH - ELECTRIC MUSIC FOR THE MIND & BODY NEW CD US $25.41 Buy It Now 6h 50m
(DX989) Little Fish, Am I Crazy? - 2010 DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Reel Big Fish - Why Do They Rock So Hard? (1998, Mojo Records) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Randy Sabien In A Frog LP 1983 Flying Fish Records EX IN Shrink autograph violin US $9.95 Buy It Now 6h 59m
STRAY CATS Choo Choo Hot Fish 1992 CD JAPAN B1927 US $12.50 [0 bids]
Barnes & Barnes - Voobaha - New Sealed CD Fish Heads 26 Songs US $9.74 Buy It Now 7h
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH - LIFE & TIMES OF COUNTRY JOE & FISH NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 7h
Randy Sabien Jazz Quintet IN A FOG Flying Fish FF297 Near Mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 8m
THE MARVELETTES - TOO MANY FISH IN THE SEA - NORTHERN SOUL + MOTOWN SLEEVE US $4.50 [0 bids]
Metallica Fish Eye MAXI Poster 36x24 inches / 91x61cms (NEW) US $16.72 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Machine Fish - Galactic Cowboys CD 1996 AOR rock metal US $2.49 Buy It Now 7h 18m
Mitch Ryder 45 Too Many Fish in the Sea rpm record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 7h 21m
Sukay MUSIC OF THE ANDES Flying Fish FF212 Near Mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 22m
CLAUDIA SCHMIDT New Goodbyes Old Helloes FLYING FISH LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Lockheart, Paula - The Incomplete Paula Lockheart Audio CD Flying Fish Records US $1.47 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Jim Post & Friends Flying Fish 419 US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Country Joe/Fish LP CJ Fish US $18.00 Buy It Now 7h 40m
Fish : Suits CD (1994) US $9.98 Buy It Now 7h 41m
JOHN LENNON Shaved Fish German pressing Amiga Beatles LP vinyl NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 58m
JOHN LENNON / PLASTIC ONO BAND "NM WAX" Shaved Fish EAS-80380 OBI LP t3861 US $39.99 [0 bids]
8h
JOHN LENNON / PLASTIC ONO BAND "NM WAX" Shaved Fish EAS-80380 LP t3864 US $39.99 [0 bids]
8h
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH - I FEEL LIKE I'M FIXIN' TO DIE (UK) NEW CD US $33.83 Buy It Now 8h
MARILLION SELLING FISH BY THE POUND LP ONLY 500 COPIES!!! LIMITED UK NM!!! US $299.00 [0 bids]
Party Like a Preschooler Go Fish Guys Audio CD US $20.14 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Christmas With a Capital C Go Fish Guys Audio CD US $16.74 Buy It Now 8h 27m
COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH--I FEEL LIKE I'M FIXIN TO DIE US $74.99 Buy It Now 8h 29m
Underworld : Beaucoup Fish CD (2000) US $4.20 Buy It Now 8h 34m
DILLARD HARTFORD DILLARD Glitter Grass Vinyl Record LP Flying Fish 036 BLUEGRASS US $18.65 Buy It Now 8h 38m
SARGANT FURY-Little Fish CD US $7.49 [0 bids]
REEL BIG FISH BEST OF US FOR THE REST OF US DELUXE 3CD US $26.15 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Tortoise + The Ex In The Fish Tank - 5 12" 33 1/3 EP sealed Mint US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
CHRIS SQUIRE - FISH OUT OF WATER- RARE PROMO US $15.99 Buy It Now 8h 57m
JOHN LENNON PLASTIC ONO BAND Shaved Fish EAS-80380 LP z6083 US $9.99 [0 bids]
LOT of 2 SOUL LPs - THE PERSUASIONS - FLYING FISH 093 and A&M 3656 US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 57m
We Are the Sound Siamese Fighting Fish CD US $13.53 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Happy & Ing Swimmin Fish CD US $21.98 Buy It Now 8h 59m
HOT RIZE 1976 Bluegrass NM/VG FF206 Flying Fish Records US $11.00 Buy It Now 8h 59m
When Fish Ride Bicycles The Cool Kids Vinyl LP US $18.98 Buy It Now 9h
Barry Melton 70s POP ROCK UK LP The Fish 1975 UK ISSUE US $24.98 Buy It Now 9h
Marillion Real to Reel Japan Vinyl LP with OBI Fish US $59.99 Buy It Now 9h 12m
REEL BIG FISH WHY DO THEY... RARE PROMO ADVANCE CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 16m
KAPELYE .. FUTURE & PAST .. FLYING FISH LP 1981 US $3.25 [0 bids]
VG++ Steve Hillage Rising Fish WLP White Label Promo Virgin VR 13-118 LP US $33.99 Buy It Now 9h 28m
Catch 22 Keasbey Nights LP suicide machines streetlight manifesto reel big fish US $30.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish ratings distribution

FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish reviews

Review by loserboy
PROG REVIEWER Honorary Reviewer
4 stars Recorded live in concert in Europe, FISH and the boys were Bang on this evening. I have often wondered why of all the FISH live recordings I have that this one should appear to be my repeated favorite ? This is one of those very live and very electric concerts in which the band just sounds so full of life. The outstanding quality of this recording is unquestionably the amazing sound reproduction. I am told that this was a radio broadcast which someone kindly (and illegally) transferred on CD. This CD has a great live sound and the cheering although never becoming distracting, does seem to be right beside you as you listen. This puts you right into the middle of the auditorium and right in the middle of the excitement. FISH's monologues are quite fitting and the standout track here for me is CREDO which sounds just too good for words. Robin Boult and Frank Usher deliver some amazing guitar harmonies while Micky Simmonds delivers more of his great keyboard talents. Simply Amazing!

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#25066) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 15, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars I love live albums. I usually use a set of criteria to review a live album, ie: the extent to which the recorded live music is more dynamic than the studio album, the extent of communication between the band and the audience, audience participation (hand clapping, shouting, etc), mixing and sound quality, the extent of musicians control against original music. When I purchased this CD couple years ago, I thought that it's a bootleg version as the label is KTS (who used to produce bootleg versions). But I don't know why it's here, so I assume this is an official release. Hope so.

If you like Fish solo albums, you may have to own this album as it has many of his repertoires (from "Vigil" and "Internal Exile" and Marillion) are played in this recorded live album. But don't expect the sound quality as it's not as great as Marillion's Real to Reel or The Thieving Magpie. For me, it's OK (as I expected that this is a bootleg album). Let me tell you why you should own it:

First, the music is dynamically played by the band with heavy interaction between Fish and his audience. The opening track "Vigil" is performed excellently by the band. Fish' voice is really clear. On 4th track "Incubus" (Marillion - Fugazi album) I find it really wonderful as Incubus is played almost totally different (better) than the original Marillion album. I notice especially in the lead guitar. So stunning and different a lot from original. Great work! Great improvisation! I find it very interesting and enjoyable listening to "Internal Exile" and continued to "Market Square Heroes". The concluding track "Heart of Lothian" seems like the climax where all audience sounds deeply involved in the performance of this track.

Second, the extent of communication between Fish and his audience is really good. Even from the first track I can smell a sense of close communication with the audience. It grows tremendously throughout the concert. I especially like the one in "Incubus" where there is communication with the audience when Fish sings "I the mote in your eye" and the audience reply automatically "eye eye eye!!!" - what an interesting communication. It's also the case when my favorite song "The Company" is performed, the crowd sing "Oh, boys would you drink to me now / Here on the hill, halfway up, halfway down". Dynamic interaction. Interesting. Even, the traditional music at the interlude is excellently played by the band.

Third, the musicians have reasonably controlled their emotion during the concert. Even though, I find sometime that Fish sings emotionally and tend to lose control over his voice. But luckily, it didn't happen so badly. So, overall it's a good live album that you should have it, especially if you are a fan of Fish or early Marillion. The great disappointment with this album is as there is no "Shadowplay" of second album was included in this concert. Again, Fish is better with Marillion than doing his solo. Rating 3.75 / 5. - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#25067) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 29, 2004

Post a review of FISH "There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish"