THERE'S A GUY WORKS DOWN THE CHIP SHOP SWEARS, HE'S FISH

Fish

Fish There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish album cover

Buy FISH Music
Live, released in 1991

1. Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors (10:07)
2. Credo (7:57)
3. Tongues (7:03)
4. Incubus (9:48)
5. The Company (4:16)
6. Big Wedge (6:49)
7. Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes (10:32)
8. Heart Of Lothian (4:00)

Search FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish lyrics

Search FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish tabs

Kiss The Stone (KTS062)

and to WiguJimbo for the last updates

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish Music

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish ratings distribution

FISH There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish reviews

Review by loserboy
4 stars Recorded live in concert in Europe, FISH and the boys were Bang on this evening. I have often wondered why of all the FISH live recordings I have that this one should appear to be my repeated favorite ? This is one of those very live and very electric concerts in which the band just sounds so full of life. The outstanding quality of this recording is unquestionably the amazing sound reproduction. I am told that this was a radio broadcast which someone kindly (and illegally) transferred on CD. This CD has a great live sound and the cheering although never becoming distracting, does seem to be right beside you as you listen. This puts you right into the middle of the auditorium and right in the middle of the excitement. FISH's monologues are quite fitting and the standout track here for me is CREDO which sounds just too good for words. Robin Boult and Frank Usher deliver some amazing guitar harmonies while Micky Simmonds delivers more of his great keyboard talents. Simply Amazing!

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#25066) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 15, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars I love live albums. I usually use a set of criteria to review a live album, ie: the extent to which the recorded live music is more dynamic than the studio album, the extent of communication between the band and the audience, audience participation (hand clapping, shouting, etc), mixing and sound quality, the extent of musicians control against original music. When I purchased this CD couple years ago, I thought that it's a bootleg version as the label is KTS (who used to produce bootleg versions). But I don't know why it's here, so I assume this is an official release. Hope so.

If you like Fish solo albums, you may have to own this album as it has many of his repertoires (from "Vigil" and "Internal Exile" and Marillion) are played in this recorded live album. But don't expect the sound quality as it's not as great as Marillion's Real to Reel or The Thieving Magpie. For me, it's OK (as I expected that this is a bootleg album). Let me tell you why you should own it:

First, the music is dynamically played by the band with heavy interaction between Fish and his audience. The opening track "Vigil" is performed excellently by the band. Fish' voice is really clear. On 4th track "Incubus" (Marillion - Fugazi album) I find it really wonderful as Incubus is played almost totally different (better) than the original Marillion album. I notice especially in the lead guitar. So stunning and different a lot from original. Great work! Great improvisation! I find it very interesting and enjoyable listening to "Internal Exile" and continued to "Market Square Heroes". The concluding track "Heart of Lothian" seems like the climax where all audience sounds deeply involved in the performance of this track.

Second, the extent of communication between Fish and his audience is really good. Even from the first track I can smell a sense of close communication with the audience. It grows tremendously throughout the concert. I especially like the one in "Incubus" where there is communication with the audience when Fish sings "I the mote in your eye" and the audience reply automatically "eye eye eye!!!" - what an interesting communication. It's also the case when my favorite song "The Company" is performed, the crowd sing "Oh, boys would you drink to me now / Here on the hill, halfway up, halfway down". Dynamic interaction. Interesting. Even, the traditional music at the interlude is excellently played by the band.

Third, the musicians have reasonably controlled their emotion during the concert. Even though, I find sometime that Fish sings emotionally and tend to lose control over his voice. But luckily, it didn't happen so badly. So, overall it's a good live album that you should have it, especially if you are a fan of Fish or early Marillion. The great disappointment with this album is as there is no "Shadowplay" of second album was included in this concert. Again, Fish is better with Marillion than doing his solo. Rating 3.75 / 5. - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#25067) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 29, 2004

Post a review of FISH "There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears, He's Fish"