SPACE MONSTER

Buy SPACE MONSTER Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. Nonahedron (9:18)
2. Pocket Food (4:09)
3. Rule of Acquisition No. 47: No Love Before Latinum (2:09)
4. Crashslashchina (5:15)
5. Enter the Prism (10:09)

Total time 31:00

Search SPACE MONSTER Space Monster lyrics

Search SPACE MONSTER Space Monster tabs

- Anthony Tropea / vocals, piano, keyboards, synthesizers, percussion
- Cortney Keywan / guitars, backing vocals
- Alexander Gustaw / bass
- Tyler McIntosh / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

SPACE MONSTER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPACE MONSTER Space Monster Music

More places to buy SPACE MONSTER music online Buy SPACE MONSTER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPACE MONSTER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPACE MONSTER Space Monster ratings distribution

SPACE MONSTER Space Monster reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
1 stars I love the crossover prog subgenre: You never know what you'll get when you start up that album. It almost seems like a catch-all when a band can't be labeled very well, and it even seems like this subgenre is growing rapidly. I think that's a good thing. However, sometimes bands are grouped into this label, not because they mesh genres flawlessly or because they have such great and unique ideas, but because the powers that be truly cannot figure them out at all.

Space Monster is one such band. This Canadian band plays a unique brand of prog rock, but by "unique" I mean "pretentious" and "annoying". Sorry, I had to say it. I started listening to their self-titled debut EP, and I thought my hearing was going. The first track is so chaotic, so messy, and so deliberately disorganized that I can't see how any human being could enjoy it. Now, I hope this was all deliberate because, if not, there are some serious issues that need ironed out soon. Everything from the horribly-mixed guitars to the punk-wanna-be vocals sound really bad. I mean, REALLY bad. Indeed, "Nonahedron" is one of the worse tracks I've heard in recent memory: No melody; no meaning; no music, even.

The album does get better as it progresses. While I can't point out any standout tracks, there are some cool ambient, spacey moments I really liked, and I have to give these guys points for the well-done sax later on in the album. In fact, some of the tracks even begin to resemble songs, though the mix and the musicianship is still below average.

Do yourself a favor and skip this EP. There are some interesting ideas here, but nothing to warrant your time. I reserve 1 star ratings only for the worst of the worst: those albums that I can't see myself hearing more than once or twice. This fits the bill, and it's a shame, too, because I kinda liked the artwork.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1012239) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 06, 2013

3 stars Space Monster is an upcoming band from Toronto who were a lucky find for me on Reddit. The album is available on the band's bandcamp page (spacemonsteruniverse) as a name your own price download. I never expect much from a band who only has an EP out, and didn't expect much from them, but I wa ... (read more)

Report this review (#1006051) | Posted by Master of Time | Saturday, July 27, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPACE MONSTER "Space Monster"