MAIDEN VOYAGE

Thought Machine

Thought Machine Maiden Voyage album cover

Buy THOUGHT MACHINE Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Gordian Knot I. The Binding (5:30)
2. Gordian Knot II. Intricate Designs (6:22)
3. Gordian Knot III. The Frayed End (4:52)
4. Gordian Knot IV. Hold On (Reprise) (5:02)
5. Chalk Lines (4:01)
6. Persuasion (5:10)
7. The Fall of House Atreides (5:56)
8. The Season Unspoken (4:02)
9. Breathing Lessons (3:39)
10. Young Guns (8:43)
11. Personal Gods (3:38)
12. Maiden Voyage (Storm of Being) (8:23)

Total time 65:18

Search THOUGHT MACHINE Maiden Voyage lyrics

Search THOUGHT MACHINE Maiden Voyage tabs

- Brett Waye / vocals, bass, keyboards, glockenspiel, cogs
- Scott Maclean / guitars, levers
- Marc Langille / guitars, switches, vocals
- Adam Wedgewood / drums, percussion, buttons

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

THOUGHT MACHINE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THOUGHT MACHINE Maiden Voyage Music

More places to buy THOUGHT MACHINE music online Buy THOUGHT MACHINE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THOUGHT MACHINE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THOUGHT MACHINE Maiden Voyage ratings distribution

THOUGHT MACHINE Maiden Voyage reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
3 stars Canada's Thought Machine certainly have an interesting approach. Their music seems to me like the normally instrumentally-dominated genre "math rock", only with vocals. I can't shake this overall feeling of their debut album, which I will say right away is a strong debut album.

Thought Machine's music has some distinguishing characteristics. First of all, the bass seems very predominate. The bass especially is inspired by math rock, as it is very bouncy and dynamic. The guitars, too, have that hard-but-not-heavy feel. Yes, a very Porcupine Tree/indie feel. So, too, the drums are technically proficient without a shred of metal to be found.

However, there is another driving force here. That force is nostalgia. It seems like these guys have quite a few fond memories of their youth. "Young Guns" and even "Breathing Lessons" seem like odes to the past. I think this is an excellent place to begin a musical career. It builds a foundation for what to expect in the future. The vocalist pulls off this nostalgic concept in style, with vocals with a slight whine that really make you feel the emotional strings being pulled.

Sure, some of this album seems misguided. I don't particularly like the opening multi-track song, Gordian Knot. For some reason, it seems like it has quite a bit of filler and showboating when compared to the rest of the album. However, the last half leaves a good impression with me. I am very interested in where these young lads will go next, and I hope they don't lose an ounce of the emotion they show here. They have a good grasp on the spirit of truly good music, and I hope they grab on more securely with their next release.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1035247) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 14, 2013

4 stars Thought Machine make an excellent debut for a (hopefully) long music career! I applaud the group for actually making a modern progressive ROCK album. So many modern groups have been making purely Prog music, or Progressive Metal, that the Rock side has kind of faded away! Not to say those ba ... (read more)

Report this review (#947218) | Posted by Anonamoose52 | Sunday, April 21, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THOUGHT MACHINE "Maiden Voyage"