EPUZ

RIO/Avant-Prog

Ultra Zook EPUZ album cover

Buy ULTRA ZOOK Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. Dance Broccoli Dance (3:52)
2. Papier Bitte Schnell (3:03)
3. Pasta Diva (3:09)
4. La Valse Des Titans Gays (2:40)
5. No Phono Sound (4:29)

Search ULTRA ZOOK EPUZ lyrics

Search ULTRA ZOOK EPUZ tabs

- Ben Bardiaux / keyboards
- Remi Faraut / drums
- Manu Siachoua / guitar, bass

Vinyl / Digitally downloadable via Bandcamp (2012)

Thanks to damoxt7942 for the addition

ULTRA ZOOK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ULTRA ZOOK EPUZ Music

More places to buy ULTRA ZOOK music online Buy ULTRA ZOOK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ULTRA ZOOK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ULTRA ZOOK EPUZ ratings distribution

ULTRA ZOOK EPUZ reviews

Review by memowakeman
2 stars Very cool!

One of the things I love from Progarchives are its forum, where people can write about this music we love so much, and recommend or give some tips. In one of the topics someone recommended Ultra Zook and mentioned their music was free to download in their Bandcamp page. So I did it, and now I am reviewing their first release entitled "Epuz" which is a 5-track EP that lasts 17 minutes, in which we will listen to experimental or avant-rock music, good for the ears.

So if you can, try listening to this French band, it is worth it and now I'll tell you why. The EP opens with "Dance Broccoli Dance", a 4 minute track that starts with claps and a repetitive voice saying weeeoohaaah; seconds later bass lines appear and little by little the song is flowing, now with the introduction of a keyboard atmosphere as background, until at 1:30 the music changes, drums appear and the rhythm becomes faster in the symphonic vein. Then the voices disappear and there is an instrumental crescendo for some moments that create a cool but tense sensation; later the explosive symphonic tune returns and the song finishes. Excellent!

"Papier Bitte Schnell" has a clear reminiscence of Zeuhl bands, after all Ultra Zook are for france, so I assume some Magma albums might be in the musician's collections, though the music reminds me more of Japanese Zeuhl, which is also great. "Pasta Diva" follows the same path as the previous, its zeuhl-esque sound can be appreciated by the vocals and bass lines, though later the song changes a little bit, becomes even crazier with the great use of keyboards and put a nervous touch that makes it even better.

"La Valse des Titan Gays" has a fats sound but this time with a post-rockish tendency provoked by guitars and bass at least for the first minute, then it changes and becomes darker and experimental. Let me tell you this is a power trio, maybe not in the same league than other better known power trios, but it doesn't matter, Ultra Zook has its own style and I like it. The last song is "No Phono Sound" starts with a creepy keyboard sound and some seconds later drums and bass join and start to create a cool structure in that zeuhl mood.

If you like this kind of music, then you will have a good time with Ultra Zook, otherwise, do not even dare to listen to it. The music is cool, however, and according to my narrow procedures, I will rate it with only 2 stars, because I never (only in very special cases) give more than 2 to 20-less minute records.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#1068654) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 29, 2013

5 stars This is the Debut EP from the weird "island music" avant trio, Ultra Zook. Are u asking "what the hell is it, Island music?". I don't know why it's "island music", but it sounds funny. Full of Zeuhl-like passages, this is an... Alternative Avant Prog??? Awesome! Seems to be a Radiohead meet ... (read more)

Report this review (#970833) | Posted by VOTOMS | Tuesday, June 04, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ULTRA ZOOK "EPUZ"