WHEN WE ARE DEATH

Prog Folk

Hexvessel When We Are Death album cover

Buy HEXVESSEL Music
Studio Album, released in 2016

1. Transparent Eyeball (5:27)
2. Earth Over Us (3:26)
3. Cosmic Truth (4:33)
4. When I'm Dead (4:37)
5. Mirror Boy (4:17)
6. Drugged Up On The Universe (3:42)
7. Teeth Of The Mountain (4:01)
8. Green Gold (3:31)
9. Mushroom Spirit Doors (5:33)
10. Hunter's Prayer (4:38)
11. Last Lovers In Hell (3:44) */11. Shaman You *

- Simo Kuosmanen / lead guitar
- Kimmo Hel?n / keyboards, trumpet, violin
- Niini Rossi / bass
- Jukka R?m?nen / drums

Century Media (January 29, 2016)
Formats: CD, LP, Digital

Thanks to nikow for the addition
and to kenethlevine for the last updates

HEXVESSEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HEXVESSEL When We Are Death Music

When We Are DeathWhen We Are Death
Century Media 2016
When We Are DeathWhen We Are Death
Imports 2016
Vinyl$40.47

When We Are Death - Hexvessel 888751886124 (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
When We are Death - Hexvessel CD-JEWEL CASE USD $18.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Hexvessel - When We Are Death [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Hexvessel - When We Are Death [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $13.20 Buy It Now 6 days
Hexvessel-When We Are Death (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $26.60 Buy It Now 7 days
Hexvessel ?- When We Are Death (Deluxe CD Mediabook, Beastmilk, Grave Pleasures) USD $20.30 Buy It Now 9 days
HEXVESSEL When We Are Death CD Finnish psychedelic forest folk Beastmilk Code USD $16.99 Buy It Now 10 days
When We Are Death - Hexvessel 888751796119 (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $22.79 Buy It Now 11 days
When We Are Death [1/29] by Hexvessel (CD, Jan-2016, Century Media (USA)) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 11 days
When We Are Death [1/29] by Hexvessel (CD, Jan-2016, Century Media (USA)) USD $10.05 Buy It Now 11 days
HEXVESSEL - WHEN WE ARE DEATH NEW CD USD $12.98 Buy It Now 14 days
HEXVESSEL - WHEN WE ARE DEATH USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $10.77 Buy It Now 14 days
Hexvessel - When We Are Death [New Vinyl] Gatefold LP Jacket, With CD USD $24.79 Buy It Now 14 days
HEXVESSEL WHEN WE ARE DEATH Deluxe Edition 32 Page Booklet MEDIABOOK CD NEW USD $22.13 Buy It Now 14 days
HEXVESSEL - WHEN WE ARE DEATH CD NEW+ USD $28.00 Buy It Now 15 days
HEXVESSEL - WHEN WE ARE DEATH VINYL LP + CD NEW+ USD $32.50 Buy It Now 15 days
HEXVESSEL: When we are Death WHITE DIE HARD Vinyl LP, lim. 100 (+CD) Beastmilk USD $79.99 Buy It Now 23 days
HEXVESSEL WHEN WE ARE DEATH DELUXE CD 2016 FOLK PAGAN METAL BONUS TRACK USD $10.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Hexvessel - When We Are Death (Deluxe 2 LP SIGNED BY BAND) USD $27.78 Buy It Now 23 days
Hexvessel When We Are Death + CD g/f vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $47.61 Buy It Now 24 days
When We Are Death [1/29] by Hexvessel (Vinyl, Jan-2016, Century Media (USA)) USD $21.82 Buy It Now 25 days
HEXVESSEL-WHEN WE ARE DEATH (W/CD) (GATE) VINYL LP NEW USD $29.30 Buy It Now 28 days
HEXVESSEL When We Are Death LP SEALED psych w/CD Beastmilk Grave Pleasures USD $24.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy HEXVESSEL music online Buy HEXVESSEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

HEXVESSEL When We Are Death ratings distribution

HEXVESSEL When We Are Death reviews

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars If "No Holier temple" in 2012 represented a wholly successful refinement of the group's "forest folk" style, "When We Are Death" shows the HEXVESSEL of 2016 surrendering to electric abandon, with a more urban, at times danceable aspect to most of the tracks. The quality of the compositions; the instrumental performances and arrangements, many using organ and lively percussion; and lyrical substance remain as impeccable as ever. From the album title one might surmise that the band remains focused on oneness with nature, and that inference would be largely correct. They have just changed costumes and uncovered a few a/c outlets with which they are availing themselves with abandon.

Luckily HEXVESSEL has included a sprinkling of tracks that scratch the same itch as did "No Holier Temple". The best of these is the dignified "Cosmic Truth", with a refreshingly simple verse and refrain that I could hear or chant for hours, and plan to when I'm retired or telecommuting full time. "Mirror Boy" is almost as breathtaking, like one of the more mystical songs from Britain's OYSTERBAND. "Green Gold" channels JOY DIVISION via MOODY BLUES, with a sweepingly grand melody and clever turns of phrase. My version has "Hunter's Prayer" as closer, driven by a surprisingly vivacious beat and succinct lead guitar riffs, returning us to earth center.

The remaining material ranges from substance assisted pure psychedelia ("Drugged up on the Universe" and "Mushroom Spirit Doors") which does little for me, to much more interesting organ driven 1960s meets 1980s rock with a touch of blues ("Transparent Eyeball", with shades of STRANGLERS and DOORS; "Earth over Us"; and, the best of these, "Teeth of the Mountain"). It's about as distinctive as a basic rock style can get, and is certainly recommended for those who enjoy those readily accessible pleasures.

"When we are Death" is a paradoxically lively release for HEXVESSEL and, as well executed as it is, it lacks the adventurousness and unabashedly prog attitude of "No Holier Temple". A band I hope to hear more from while I am alive.

Post a review of HEXVESSEL "When We Are Death"