BABEL

Soul Secret

Soul Secret Babel album cover

Buy SOUL SECRET Music
Studio Album, released in 2017

1) Prologue (Instrumental) (1:08)
2) What We're All About (5:55)
3) A Shadow On The Surface (4:37)
4) Will They? (5:57)
5) logOS (2:21)
6) Awakened By The Light (7:39)
7) Entering The City Of Gods (10:59)
8) The Cuckoo's Nest (6:59)
9) Newton's Law (7:49)
10) In The Hardest Of Times (14:09)

Search SOUL SECRET Babel lyrics

Search SOUL SECRET Babel tabs

- Claudio Casaburi (Bass)
- Luca Di Gennaro (Keyboards)
- Lino Di Pietrantonio (Vocals)
- Antonio Mocerino (Drums)
- Antonio Vittozzi (Guitars)

- Release on July 28th,2017 via Pride & Joy Music
- Mixed and Mastered by Alex Argento
- Artwork by Thomas Ewerhard

Thanks to MoonshineO for the addition

SOUL SECRET MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SOUL SECRET Babel Music

BabelBabel
PR&JO

More places to buy SOUL SECRET music online Buy SOUL SECRET & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SOUL SECRET Babel ratings distribution

SOUL SECRET Babel reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
3 stars Soul Secret are an Italian progressive metal band based in Naples who released their debut album "Flowing Portraits" back in 2008, with Mark Basile (DGM) as guest singer. This is the only album of theirs I had heard prior to this, and remember thinking it was an incredibly strong debut. Obviously, I wasn't the only one as it led to them playing with the likes of Pendragon, Vanden Plas and Subsignal. They have been through a few line-up changes since then, and are now back with their fourth album, a concept telling the story of Sam and Adriel who are sent in space to find God, helped by logOS, an on-board computer providing cutting-edge technology to the mission. When they finally find the City Of Gods, they find it empty...

This album is full of strong songs, but I found the concept and spoken links were getting in the way of my enjoyment of the music, and after the first few plays it was getting harder and more difficult to get into the music. That is a real shame, as there are some strong performances on here. The vocals are superb, and there are some djent influences in the music at times, which is certainly a departure from the norm in terms of progressive rock. Possibly it is necessary to see the full release, and I only have a digital download to gauge my opinion on, but for me this just doesn't have the impact and power of the debut, and I expect bands to keep improving, not taking a retrograde step, which is a real shame.

It is light, pleasant, melodic progressive rock with some interesting influences, but not challenging or interesting enough for me to maintain my focus throughout, and the additional elements that have been put in that link that album are superfluous and over the top (although even I must smile when the code word is "Pendragon

Post a review of SOUL SECRET "Babel"