TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA: LIVE ACROSS AMERICA

Live, released in 2017

Disc 1
1. Machine Messiah
2. White Car
3. Does It Really Happen?
4. Into the Lens

Format: 2CD, 3LP, Digital
November 24, 2017

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition

Buy YES Topographic Drama: Live Across America Music

Topographic Drama - Live Across America (2CD)Topographic Drama - Live Across America (2CD)
Rhino Records 2017
$15.19
Topographic Drama - Live Across AmericaTopographic Drama - Live Across America
WARNER 2017
$29.40

Yes Topographic Drama Live Across America 3xLP sealed 180 gm vinyl USD $68.98 Buy It Now 18h 6m
Yes - Topographic Drama: Live Across America - Double CD - New USD $21.09 Buy It Now 1 day
YES ?- TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA (LIVE ACROSS AMERICA) 2CDs (NEW/SEALED) USD $18.29 Buy It Now 2 days
YES - TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA: LIVE ACROSS AMERICA - NEW CD ALBUM USD $23.52 Buy It Now 2 days
YES - TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA: LIVE ACROSS AMERICA - NEW VINYL LP USD $79.74 Buy It Now 2 days
YES-TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA - LIVE ACROSS AMERICA (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $56.51 Buy It Now 4 days
Yes - Topographic Drama Live Across America (NEW 3 x 12" VINYL LP) USD $78.43 Buy It Now 5 days
YES - TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA - LIVE ACROSS AMERICA 2 CD NEW+ USD $25.89 Buy It Now 6 days
YES - TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA-LIVE ACROSS AMERICA 3 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $68.31 Buy It Now 6 days
YES - TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA: LIVE ACROSS AMERICA * NEW CD USD $17.70 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes - Topographic Drama Live Across America (NEW 2 x CD) USD $20.91 Buy It Now 8 days
YES-TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA - LIVE ACROSS AMERICA-JAPAN 2 CD G35 USD $28.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes Topographic Drama - Live Across America Vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $67.76 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA (LIVE ACROSS AMERICA) 180g RHINO RECORDS New Vinyl 3 LP USD $57.99 Buy It Now 13 days
YES CD - TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA: LIVE ACROSS AMERICA [2 DISCS](2017) - NEW UNOPENED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 14 days
YES Topographic Drama: Live Across America 3 x 180gm Vinyl LP NEW USD $57.92 Buy It Now 15 days
YES-TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA - LIVE ACROSS AMERICA (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $60.01 Buy It Now 15 days
Yes Topographic Drama Live Across America 180gm vinyl 3 LP (*) NEW/SEALED USD $59.20 Buy It Now 16 days
YES-TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA - LIVE ACROSS AMERICA VINYL LP NEW USD $51.24 Buy It Now 18 days
Yes - Topographic Drama: Live Across America [CD] USD $20.04 Buy It Now 19 days
YES-TOPOGRAPHIC DRAMA - LIVE ACROSS AMERICA-JAPAN 2 CD G35 USD $47.44 Buy It Now 20 days
Yes Topographic Drama - Live Across America 180g 3LP USD $59.95 Buy It Now 24 days
Yes - Topographic Drama - Live Across America 081227932480 (CD Used Like New) USD $19.81 Buy It Now 25 days
Yes - Topographic Drama: Live Across America [CD] USD $20.47 Buy It Now 26 days
Yes - Topographic Drama - Live Across America [New CD] USD $20.15 Buy It Now 26 days
Yes - Topographic Drama - Live Across America [New Vinyl LP] USD $51.23 Buy It Now 26 days
Yes - Topographic Drama - Live Across America [New CD] USD $20.61 Buy It Now 27 days
2017 JAPAN ONLY 2 SHM CD YES Topographic Drama Live Across America DIGIPAK USD $31.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Topographic Drama:live Across America - Yes Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $25.90 Buy It Now 29 days
Topographic Drama:live Across America - Yes Free Shipping! USD $67.94 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

YES Topographic Drama: Live Across America ratings distribution

YES Topographic Drama: Live Across America reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars With all that's happened to Yes, it's amazing that they are still a touring band. It's been a few years since Jon Anderson was pushed out of the band, and with Chris Squire's passing, the group now has none of their founding members. Yet this year (2018 if you are reading this review some time in the future) marks a half century since the group was first formed.

I'll admit that I've not been to a Yes concert in many years, as I have been fearful of watching these pioneers of prog rock succumb to the ravages of time. But as the members of the band have proclaimed publicly, Yes is an evolving entity that may survive past all of its members of the seventies.

I was intrigued to hear what the band would sound like without the signature Squire bass sound, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that Billy Sherwood does a masterful job of recreating the power and the glory of the old bass lines. In fact, he's so good that I have to say that his playing is, to me, the highlight of the two complete songs from Tales From Topographic Oceans on this disk.

The first disk is mostly comprised of a performance of the entire Drama album. They are performed very well, but it reminds me (as I am reminded by the original Drama album each time I revisit it), that it is a step below the classic Yes albums. The songs are good, but mostly lacking something. I especially never liked the way Alan White was limited (probably a record company executive's decision) to pedestrian drum beats, except for parts of Machine Messiah and Tempus Fugit (by far the best song on Drama).

And the TFTO renditions here just might be the best versions I've ever heard. This Yes seems to do the most with the dynamics of these compositions, sounding equally as comfortable with the pastoral passages as they are with the bombastic. I only wish they had performed the entire album.

The remaining tracks, And You And I, Heart Of The Sunrise, Roundabout and Starship Trooper are all well played.

I have been listening to this album repeatedly since purchasing it last fall, and my enjoyment of it is still not receding.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars Dramatic tales

Topographic Drama is the latest live offering from Yes, and the first one recorded after the tragic loss of Chris Squire. Like the title implies, the set focuses on material from Tales From Topographic Oceans and Drama. In the case of Drama, the entire album is performed, and is for me the highlight of this double CD/triple LP. Drama is one of my favourite Yes albums, and songs from this album have rarely been played live or featured on live records. Given that Geoff Downes is now back in the band, Drama was an obvious choice among albums to be performed in its entirety, much more so than the older albums that were featured on the two Like It Is releases. Also, vocalist Jon Davison's voice compares better to Trevor Horn's than to that of Jon Anderson, adding further weight to Drama being the perfect choice to get the full live treatment. The result is strong, with Billy Sherwood doing a fantasic job, nailing Squire's parts and backing vocals.

When it comes to Tales From Topographic Oceans, not the whole album is included, but more than half of it is, with The Revealing Science Of God and Ritual in full, with Leaves Of Green from The Ancient in between. These versions are strong, and it is especially interesting to hear Downes' take on Wakeman's parts.

The rest of the songs have been done a vast number of times, but the band is a well-oiled machine and these versions sound great. Overall, Topographic Drama is a better live album than either of the Like It Is albums, and also better than In the Present, making this the best Yes live album in some time. Also from a visual perspective it is a nice one, with a lovely Roger Dean art work.

3 stars Well, what can be said about this release?.... It was one of the most anticipated releases for me personally, since against all odds Drama is to this day probably my favorite YES release. I like the fact that it is a little on the "heavy" side. And also those memorable Squire bass lines and h ... (read more)

Report this review (#2011520) | Posted by tvtennis | Saturday, September 1, 2018 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I have never seen Yes live, being as I am on the wrong side of the planet. So I have to make do with live albums and DVD's. I truly enjoy the Yesshows and Symphonic Live performances, the first one for its fine selection of tracks and the latter for the fun the band and the orchestra seem to be ... (read more)

Report this review (#1917574) | Posted by judahbenkenobi | Wednesday, April 25, 2018 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I'm not going to indulge in the sheep like, fan boy dribbling that seems to accompany anything from the YES camp. I am not overwhelmed by this recording by any means. There's nothing major wrong here ..... hence the 3* rating ... it just ..... doesn't quite do it for me. 1. Its so SLOW! ... ... (read more)

Report this review (#1886170) | Posted by Matt-T | Saturday, February 17, 2018 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Topographic Drama: Live Across America"