Sigur Rós

Sigur Rós Von Brigði album cover

Good, but non-essential

from partners
Studio Album, released in 1998

1. Syndir Guðs (Remix by Biogen) (6:55)
2. Syndir Guðs (Remix by Múm) (4:52)
3. Leit Af Lífi (Remix by Plasmic) (5:26)
4. Myrkur (Remix by Ilo) (5:29)
5. Myrkur (Remix by Dirty-bix) (5:01)
6. 180 Sekúndur Fyrir Sólarupprás (Remix by Curver) (3:00)
7. Hún Jörð (Remix by Hassbræður) (5:19)
8. Leit Af Lífi (Remix by Thor) (5:32)
9. Von (Remix by Gusgus) (7:24)
10. Leit Af Lífi (Remix by Sigur Rós) (5:02)

Search SIGUR RÓS Von Brigði lyrics

Search SIGUR RÓS Von Brigði tabs

- Jón Þór Birgisson / vocals, guitars
- Georg Hólm / bass
- Ágúst Ævar Gunnarsson / drums

Remixes of songs from Sigur Rós's first album, 'Von'.

CD Smekkleysa ‎- SM 67 CDR (1998, Iceland)

and to Quinino for the last updates

SIGUR RÓS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SIGUR RÓS Von Brigði Music

More places to buy SIGUR RÓS music online Buy SIGUR RÓS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SIGUR RÓS Von Brigði ratings distribution

SIGUR RÓS Von Brigði reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars Von Brigði is an album with remixes of songs from Icelandic experimental rock act Sigur Ros debut album Von (1997). It´s a rare album that is only available on Iceland or through the band´s online store. An LP with four songs from the album was also released in 100 green-coloured copies. A real collector´s item.

My first experience with Sigur Ros was through their debut album Von and I was not impressed. Repetitive and ambient soundscapes with almost no fix points or memorable parts was my analysis of that album. The songs have been given a shot of electronica on Von Brigði and have become a bit more interesting to me. I still wouldn´t say the music is to my taste but the electronic rythms does give the songs more direction and power than was the case on Von. The music is still very ambient though and mostly instrumental. The songs with vocals are the most enjoyable to me so Myrkur (recycled By Dirty-bix), Hún Jörð (recycled By Hassbræður) and Leit Af Lífi does give me some satisfaction. The vocals from Jón þor Birgisson has an airy glass-like quality to them and they are very atmospheric.

The musicianship is good and the production is pleasant. Crystal cold and clear but still with some organic warmth.

There are elements on the album that I find enjoyable but overall this is not an album that I find very interesting but then again I´m usually not a fan of electronica or ambient music so fans of those genres might find Von Brigði more interesting than me. For me this is a 2 star album.

4 stars Outlandish There are pieces of music which make the evening to a psychedelic voyage. A voyage to an another weird land. This remix album contains very experimental and mind-blowing remixes of diverse Iceland electronic works. The whole album appears very calming although it keeps the tempo and ... (read more)

Report this review (#202213) | Posted by ChrisDawid | Monday, February 9, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I personnally rate this album a 4 1/2 out of 5, with track 8 be dismal. however tracks 7 and 10 are, in my opinion, awesome, along with the other tracks being very good. I have a strong interest in electronica and even drum and bass, along with a love for the wonderous sounds of sigur ros. if you ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#69417) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 15, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Warning: Though it seems harsh to give an album one star, on a site such as this it deserves so. Unless I read the website's given name wrong and this page is really "" I must say I don't know anything about ambience, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#36622) | Posted by The Ryan | Wednesday, June 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SIGUR RÓS "Von Brigði"