CONCERTO

Disc 1 (43:05)
1. Manifesto (5:39)
2. Angel Eyes (3:57)
3. Trash (2:54)
4. Out of the Blue (5:18)
5. A Song for Europe (6:25)
6. Still Falls the Rain (4:29)
7. Ain't That So (5:55)
8. Stronger Through the Years (8:23)

Disc 2 (37:05)
1. Ladytron (5:29)
2. In Every Dream Home a Heartache (9:06)
3. Love Is the Drug (3:50)
4. Do the Strand (4:08)
5. Re-Make/Re-Model (4:05)
6. Mother of Pearl (6:43)
7. Editions of You (3:43)

Search ROXY MUSIC Concerto lyrics

Search ROXY MUSIC Concerto tabs

- Brian Ferry / vocals
- Phil Manzanera / guitar
- Andy Mackay / saxophone & oboe
- Paul Thompson / drums
- Gary Tibbs / bass
- David Skinner / keyboards

Recorded in 1979 during their Manifesto tour. Released by Pilot in 2001. Most songs were recorded in Denver on april 12, 1979. The last two songs were recorded earlier in the tour in Oakland.

Thanks to harm s. for the addition

ROXY MUSIC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROXY MUSIC Concerto Music

Pilot 2001
Dynamic Italy 2006
Neptune 2005
Neptune Music 2006

More places to buy ROXY MUSIC music online Buy ROXY MUSIC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROXY MUSIC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROXY MUSIC Concerto ratings distribution

ROXY MUSIC Concerto reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This live album recorded in Denver is not well known, even for Roxy fans (like me). When I discovered that I could listen to a live version of "Manifesto" (the track, since the album was rather average), I was thrilled to hear it. This song belongs to my top ten preferred one of this great band.

It took me while to find out that I have this double album onto a CD under another name : "Concert Classic" released in 1998. The last two numbers (which do not come from Denver) are replaced with "Jealous Guys" (but I'm not 100% sure it is from the Denver Show).

The thrill actually stops as soon as this live song starts : it is a poor rendition of this great track. All the power of the wonderful introduction is edulcorated here. The fantastic and hypnotic bass play is gone. I was expecting a flamboyant version but I won't get it. The vocals are very poor; gone the emotion. It is really disappointing, because it was almost the only song in which I was interested on this double album fot the reasons I will mention below...

This live album clearly consists of two separate entities. Since it was the "Manifesto" supporting tour, it was normal that the band played several songs out of this album. So, out of eight songs form the first disc, six are coming from this album but bizarrely "My Little Girl" and "Dance Away" are not featured. Not that I like those songs a lot, but they were rather successful and popular songs amongst Roxy fans (second generation, meaning from "Manifesto onwards).

Fortunately, to save this first disc from total chaos, two Roxy anthems will raise the level : "Out Of The Blue" ("Country Life") and "A Song For Europe" ("Stranded").

The second disc holds only classic Roxy songs. Sort of "best of". But not greatly played. "Do The Strand" sounds rather weak (especially the middle part). When you look at the track list, you could have expected something better.

As usual, "In Every Dream Home A Heartache" will be uselessly extended to over nine minutes. All songs of the second CD will be featured on "Live In Concert" released in 2003 and which is waaaaaaay better than this one (the only problem is that "Manifesto" is not featured). This was the reason why I mentioned that I was only interested in the track "Manifesto" since it is almost the third time that we could get most of the other songs in a live version.

This album is for die-hard fans only. Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#123247) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 24, 2007

3 stars Concerto is a live release from the Manifesto tour, so naturally it concentrates heavily on the songs from Manifesto. This is too bad, because Manifesto was the worst album they've made. The second disc, which has only older songs is a lot more interesting. Bryan Ferry gives a strong vocal per ... (read more)

Report this review (#60257) | Posted by harm s. | Tuesday, December 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROXY MUSIC "Concerto"