MACHIAVEL LIVE

Machiavel

Machiavel Machiavel Live album cover

Buy MACHIAVEL Music
Live, released in 1999

1. Wisdom (From Jester 1977)
2. Over The Hill (From Urban Games 1979)
3. After The Crop (From Mechanical Moonbeams 1978)
4. Jester (From Jester 1977)
5. No Way To Heaven (From The Cry Of Pleasure 1987)
6. Summon Up Your Strenght (From Mechanical Moonbeams 1978)
7. Mary (From Mechanical Moonbeams 1978)
8. Cheerlesness (From Machiavel 1976)
9. Rope Dancer (From Mechanical Moobeams 1978 featuring Toots Thielemans)

Disc 2
1. Lay Down (From Break Out 1981)
2. Fly (From New Lines 1980)
3. Solstice (unreleased)
4. Fifth Seasons (From Mechanical Moonbeams 1978)
5. Nobody Knows (From Break Out 1981)
6. Turn Off (From New Lines 1980)
7. I'm In Love (Unreleased)
8. Fade Away (From New Lines 1980)
9. Fly Fly o (From New Lines 1980 Featuring Jean Luc Fonck)

Search MACHIAVEL Machiavel Live lyrics

Search MACHIAVEL Machiavel Live tabs

- Mario Guccio / vocals
- Thierry Plas / electric & acoustic guitars, backing vocals
- Marc Ysaye / drums & vocals
- Roland De Greef / bass, Taurus Moog bass, pedals, 6 & 12 strings acoustic guitars, backing vocals
- Hervé Borbé / keyboards, backing vocals

Guest musicians:
- Toots Thielemans on "Rope Dancer"
- Jean-Luc de Sttellla on "Fly (Fly-O)"

EMI #7243 5 21776 2 2

MACHIAVEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MACHIAVEL Machiavel Live Music

HARVEST
Vinyl$34.99 (used)
Best OfBest Of
EMI - Belgium
Urban Games LP (Vinyl Album) Belgian Harvest 1979Urban Games LP (Vinyl Album) Belgian Harvest 1979
Harvest
Vinyl$17.33 (used)
THE SYSTEM BAND ( MACHIAVEL ) 1986 ISSUED VG+ LP US $1.79 Buy It Now 1h 45m
MACHIAVEL Mundo SPANISH TITLE 45 PR0M0 SPAIN 1980 NM US $1.99 Buy It Now 15h 37m
MACHIAVEL URBAN GAMES LP 1979 ORIGINAL BELGIAN HARVEST PROG VINYL US $16.61 Buy It Now 18h 12m
MACHIAVEL - MECHANICAL MOONBEAMS * - NEW CD US $25.69 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Rare! 1986 , SYSTEM BAND - Machiavel , 12" LP. US $75.00 [0 bids]
MACHIAVEL FLY PORTUGAL 7 45 US $6.99 [0 bids]
Machiavel Mechanical Moonbeams LP 064 23805 EMI Belgium vinyl record album US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Machiavel / Mechanical Moonbeams LP (KOREA Si-Wan) NEW SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MACHIAVEL - ROPEDANCER - DUTCH 45 - HARVEST - 1978 US $9.90 Buy It Now 3 days
MACHIAVEL Mechanical Moonbeams CD US $16.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Machiavel - Jester NEW CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Machiavel - Mechanical Moonbeams NEW CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Machiavel - Jester NEW CD US $18.45 Buy It Now 4 days
MACHIAVEL lp RAYOS DE LUNA ARTIFICIALES argentina ID# 23730 PROMO BANNER ON LAB US $34.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MACHIAVEL fly 7" b/w champagne in amsterdam (emi5131) uk emi 1981 US $8.29 Buy It Now 6 days
SYSTEMBAND "MACHIAVEL" LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
NM LP~SYSTEM BAND~Machiavel~[OG 1985 CALYPSO~ZOUK]~Haitian System Band~ US $8.97 Buy It Now 8 days
MACHIAVEL Mechanical Moonbeams KOREA Vinyl LP Issue Near Mint ! Free Shipping ! US $49.95 Buy It Now 8 days
MACHIAVEL 1979 'URBAN GAMES' RARE BELGIUM POP-ROCK LP US $7.19 Buy It Now 8 days
Machiavel - Jester (NEW CD) US $19.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Mechanical Moonbeams * by Machiavel (CD, Oct-2010, E... US $16.85 Buy It Now 10 days
MACHIAVEL - MECHANICAL MOONBEAMS(BELGIUM) KOREA LP Sealed US $27.99 Buy It Now 10 days
MACHIAVEL New Lines lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Machiavel - Jester CD US $28.70 Buy It Now 12 days
MACHIAVEL - MECHANICAL MOONBEAMS(BELGIUM) KOREA LP New US $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Machiavel - Jester [CD New] US $16.03 Buy It Now 12 days
NEW Jester by Machiavel CD (CD) US $22.13 Buy It Now 13 days
MACHIAVEL-JESTER Psych Progressive Greek LP 1977 1st PRESSING original EX+ US $14.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Mechanical Moonbeams * by Machiavel (CD, Oct-2010, Esoteric Recordings) US $12.98 Buy It Now 14 days
Machiavel - Jester CD (2010) Prog Rock 1977 US $13.93 Buy It Now 14 days
Machiavel - Mechanical Moonbeams CD (2010) Prog Rock 1978 US $13.93 Buy It Now 14 days
Jester by Machiavel (CD, Oct-2010, Esoteric Recordings) US $13.10 Buy It Now 14 days
Jester by Machiavel (CD, Oct-2010, Esoteric Records) US $15.85 Buy It Now 15 days
MACHIAVEL ?"New Lines" CD 1993/94 Spalax Music ?Frech Press 14257 5 Bonus Tracks US $14.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Urban Games - Machiavel New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $28.04 Buy It Now 16 days
Machiavel-Mechanical Moonbeams Belgian prog cd 2 bonus US $17.99 Buy It Now 17 days
MACHIAVEL - URBAN GAMES - NEW CD US $25.03 Buy It Now 17 days
MACHIAVEL 7" EQUILIBRISTA-MARY argentina ID# 23731 1978 HARVEST 1667 NM automat US $15.00 Buy It Now 18 days
MACHIAVEL 7" EQUILIBRISTA-MARY argentina ID# 49591 PROMO WHITE LBL-1978 HARVEST US $23.00 Buy It Now 18 days
MACHIAVEL, MECHANICAL MOONBEAMS, LP 1972 RARE BELGIUM HARVEST EX/EX 4C064-23805 US $31.54 Buy It Now 18 days
Jester by Machiavel [Import] CD (2014) Brand New Ships Worldwide US $42.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Machiavel - Mechanical Moonbeams (Music CD) US $24.53 Buy It Now 18 days
MACHIAVEL Jester FRANCE Spalax CD 1994 Near Mint ! Safe Packing, Free Shipping ! US $19.75 Buy It Now 19 days
MACHIAVEL MECHANICAL MOONBEAMS s/t 1978 BELGIUM EMI LP NM/Ex US $29.99 Buy It Now 19 days
[LP] Machiavel,New Lines (Harvest) {EX} 1 St Ger 1980 US $10.07 Buy It Now 20 days
Machiavel - Urban Games [CD New] US $20.75 Buy It Now 20 days
MACHIAVEL - URBAN GAMES NEW CD US $29.67 Buy It Now 21 days
SYSTEM BAND: Machiavel world vinyl US $9.00 Buy It Now 23 days
VALENTINES DAY Machiavel Live SEALED LP Holland DUTCH Pressing 1981 US $30.95 Buy It Now 23 days
Jester - Machiavel New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $32.21 Buy It Now 23 days
MACHIAVEL - JESTER NEW CD US $33.87 Buy It Now 24 days
MACHIAVEL Urban Games LP Belgian Prog/Pop on Harvest US $3.99 Buy It Now 24 days
MACHIAVEL Mechanical Moonbeams LP top Belgian Symph. Prog Rock US $26.99 Buy It Now 24 days
MACHIAVEL - JESTER - NEW CD US $13.02 Buy It Now 24 days
Machiavel - Mechanical Moonbeams, 7 track, 1995 Korea Si-Wan. G/F. US $30.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Machiavel - Mechanical Moonbeams (NEW CD) US $19.50 Buy It Now 25 days
Machiavel - Mechanical Moonbeams - ECLEC2225 US $18.87 Buy It Now 26 days
MACHIAVEL LP JESTER BELGIUM US $14.99 Buy It Now 26 days
MACHIAVEL LP URBAN GAMES HOLLAND HARVEST LABEL US $14.99 Buy It Now 26 days
MACHIAVEL Urban Games LP 1979 Harvest Belgium Rare Mark Ysaye The Humans US $22.99 Buy It Now 27 days
MACHIAVEL MECHANICAL MOONBERMS RAYOS DE LA LUNA RARE LP ARGENTINA PROMO US $35.00 Buy It Now 28 days
MACHIAVEL urban games LP 8 track with sticker tear and original import sticker o US $13.52 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy MACHIAVEL music online Buy MACHIAVEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MACHIAVEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MACHIAVEL Machiavel Live ratings distribution

MACHIAVEL Machiavel Live reviews

Review by Greger
4 stars This is an extraordinary good live album with great performance, dynamic and clear sound and very good songs. It's recorded at Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, December 22 1996. Machiavel is a band, which have been around since the mid-seventies so we're not talking any newcomers here. They released their debut album in 1976. Probably they were one of very few progressive bands in Belgium at that time. Although many of the songs on this CD were written in the seventies, they sound very fresh as if they had been written in nineties. MACHIAVEL are somewhere between progressive- and straightforward rock with very strong melodies. It's hard to mention any reminiscences because it's obvious that these guys have influences from many different genres. The highlights are the reggae inspired "Over The Hill", "After The Crop", "Jester", "No Way To Heaven", "Rope Dancer" (featuring Toots Thielemans on harmonica), "Fly" and "Fly (Fly-O) (featuring Jean-Luc de Sttellla). This is one of the big surprises in 1999, as I hadn't heard MACHIAVEL before. I think it's strange that they haven't reached a bigger audience outside Belgium. Very Good!

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#4596) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 21, 2004

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars This concert was a legendary one in Belgium. I did not attend this one at the AB (Ancienne Belgique) and I am quite missing it. But in the meantime, I have done my best to witness several "Machiavel" concerts.

I saw the band twice live there (AB), but there are little comparison to this good live set. Lots of good songs do share the bill throughout their long career, and I guess that the magic of this great night can only be caught while listening to this album.

This double CD should please any fan from the band. The most prog songs from the band and truly very good ones are rendered in a splendid manner. "After the Crop" is really a great old tune and this version of "Jester" is just fantastic. And I'm not saying this only because I'm Belgian. And a fan of the band since 76. No. I am expressing my true and honest opinion.

This first part of this concert is by no doubt the best one they ever played. While you listen to these versions from "No Way To Heaven" or "Summon Up", you can only be charmed. I tell you. But since I am honest, "Mary" is of course far from being a masterpiece. Marc being on the lead vocals (sorry marc, I far much prefer to listen to your great voice during the excellent rock programme which you lead on each Sunday morning on the Belgian radio.).

Emotion sits at (almost) every corner of this live set (at least for the ones who know the history of the band). The introduction of "Cheerlessness" is sufficiently convincing. Marc introducing it as the oldest one from the band. Written by Albert Letecheur (their original keyboard player - RIP). I have to say that while I listened to this song a long, a very long time ago (some thirty two years ago), I already felt in love with it. The only minus being the vocals. But while you listen to the closing and instrumental part, it is so gorgeous. Have a try and contact me to share your thoughts..

This live album is so full of surprises, great tracks and wonderful guest STARS. Because Mister Toots Thielemans is a wonderful and world known harmonica player. Usually more on the jazzy edge, but so efficient here during the passionate and crowd favourite "Rope Dancer". This song closes the first CD is an extremely good manner.

Second CD is unfortunately not on par, I'm afraid. It starts with an average version of "Lay Down". I would have expected a more disjointed and wild rendition of this (originally) heavy song. Over extended as well.

"Fly" is of course a song that the band can't ignore during their live sets. Catchy, rhythmic, and even allowing some karaoke moments : it is one out the fave from the band live numbers. Take it or leave it.

I have always felt that this double CD set was dropping in quality during the second CD (which should have been reverse since this is really a "Machiavel" best of live). I would have loved a bit more of their earlier works.Either on the first or second CD.

"Solstice" is some sort of tribute to Hervé. And to be honest the next five songs are just average. The over-extended "Turn Off" does only matter thanks to the good guitar solo. But still, it is quite long.

Track list was not well thought of. All the best moments on CD one. Either you release only one CD, or you just decide to share the great numbers over two discs. But this was not the option chosen. Unfortunately.

Of course, one of the many encore (but the only one worth) is "Fly-O". As usual, "Fly" is being played twice (even "thrice" at times). This version is featuring the legendary and totally disjointed band leader from "Stellla" (three L's). He is extremely humoristic and so Belgian... Just listen to this joyful and closing "Fly-O". If ever you grab some French (and knows a bit about the Belgian sense of humour), you will be controlled by Jean-Luc fantastic sense of humour. Completely hilarious.

Three stars for this live album. If only the second CD would have been on par with the first one.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#164559) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 21, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Live was my first (and so far only) contact with this interesting band from Belgium. So take my review with care, since I don´t really know their studio albums. First I should say Machiavel is a good band. They play a kind of pop rock with some prog influences. if you´re looking for something really new, symphonic or avant guard, look elsewhere. But if you like good, simple, well played melodic rock with much variations, then this is for you.

I have to agree with ZiggyZowie review: CD 1 is quite better than CD2. Still, they managed to deliver a fine, convincing performance on both. Most of their most celebrated songs are here like Rope Dancer, Fly, Over The Hill and Jester. They prove to be excelent live and even if their singer does not have the greatest of the voices (at least for my taste), he seems to have a strong stage presence. The musicians are of course very goodm specillay guitar and keyboards. Production is also very good.

In all not a very outstanding CD for ProgArchives (I would rate it higher if it was a generic rock site) . And yet I have to say I liked it a lot. If you enjoy melodic rock, you should not miss it.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#239047) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 13, 2009

4 stars What is Art Rock? guess if it does not fit in any other category we put it down as Art Rock. And this really applies to the band (at least on this 2 CD life ouevre). Some Songs on CD 2 are gigantic, like the neo progressive 'fifth season' or the 'nobody knows'/ Flying guitars, nice rythm changes, be ... (read more)

Report this review (#4595) | Posted by | Wednesday, November 19, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MACHIAVEL "Machiavel Live"