SILENCE & BEFORE MY EYES

Madrigal Silence & Before my Eyes album cover

Buy MADRIGAL Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

SILENCE: 19:08
1. (No More) Face to Face (5:27)
2. Covered Sun (4:52)
3. Turn back the Time (4:03)
4. Silence (4:46)
BEFORE MY EYES: 17:50
1. Before my Eyes (4:24)
2. Evolution Error (3:56)
3. Deep Blues (5:20)

- Kai Paulmann / drums
- Sandra Werner / vocals
- Henning Pfeiffer / bass

Eigenproduktion

MADRIGAL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MADRIGAL Silence & Before my Eyes Music

Super Madrigal Brothers Shakestation CD US $8.41 Buy It Now 43m 3s
MADRIGAL MASTERPIECES LP * The Deller Consort Alfred Deller, Director BGS 5031 US $9.00 Buy It Now 45m 27s
BACH- CANTATAS 78 & 106- MATTHIS- ALTMEYER- SOUTH GERMAN MADRIGAL CHOIR US $2.75 [0 bids]
52m 59s
ulver nattens madrigal babydoll girly t shirt black metal death absu burzum US $16.66 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Madrigal Dinner cd Madrigal Singers of St. Philip's Episcopal -- Durham NC US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Honolulu Madrigal Quartet Joy to the World CD US $8.03 Buy It Now 6h 4m
MADRIGAL I BELIEVE IN SUNSHINE & LADY 1970 7" 45 EX+ RARE CANADIAN CLASSIC ROCK US $18.99 [0 bids]
Ancient Music Ensemble MADRIGAL - Russian XV - XVII - Melodia 1980 LP Washed Ex+ US $10.00 [0 bids]
Rodrigo: Concerto Madrigal; Concerto Andaluz (CD, Oct-1990, Philips) US $5.00 [0 bids]
-(Vinyl LP Gatefold)L'Age D'Or Du Madrigal-Harmondia Mundi--UK-Ex/Ex US $11.82 Buy It Now 13h
Madrigal History Tour US $0.99 Buy It Now 15h 34m
The English Madrigal School Vol 3 - Madrigals Of Thomas Morley LP (VG) 12" US $23.96 Buy It Now 17h 40m
CONJUNTO MADRIGAL - NORTEÑA ALEGRE - LP NEW VG++ US $9.00 Buy It Now 21h 41m
RARE 10" LP EDITIONS STUDIO Noels D'Europe MADRIGAL de LYON GEOFFRAY SM 25 C-244 US $18.00 Buy It Now 23h 34m
Madrigal Reverie CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Angel & Pepe Romero*Giuliani Guitar Concerto*Rodrigo Concierto Madrigal for 2 Gu US $8.00 [0 bids]
MADRIGAL: Madrigal LP (promo label, tag remnants/tears oc, sl cw) Rock US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
4 trk Reel to Reel VTC 1652 Vanguard~Madrigal Masterpieces US $5.95 [1 bids]
Nuno Roland - Latin 78rpm Fiesta #20-038 Vocals: Madrigal Trio The Bandit US $19.99 [0 bids]
1a DISCOS MEGATONO GRUPO CALIFORNIA BALADA POR TU ERROR MADRIGAL TRAICION VEGA US $12.99 [0 bids]
PROMO WHITE LABEL AUDIOPILE / KING'S SINGERS ENGLISH MADRIGAL COLLECTION / WITH US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Martinu: Five Madrigal Stanzas, Brahms Sonata No. 2 CD Adam Summerhayes US $12.68 Buy It Now 1 day
ANDY WILLIAMS - MADRIGAL / WRONG FOR EACH OTHER (43015) US $1.99 [0 bids]
MONTEVERDI 18 MADRIGALS FROM THE SECOND MADRIGAL BOOK LP CBS MASTERWORKS US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Madrigal Choir of the University on Munster Herma Kramm Director Very Rare US $9.99 [0 bids]
METROPOLITAN OPERA MADRIGAL SINGERS Vinyl Lp NEAR MINT Simple Dreams US $13.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver Nattens Madrigal CD Alcest Agalloch Ved Buens Ende Arcturus Mayhem US $14.00 [0 bids]
DELLER CONSORT: Madrigal Masterpieces Vol. 2 includes Texts & Translations NM US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DELLER CONSORT: Madrigal Masterpieces, Vol. 3 Texts & Translations NM US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DAWN BRITNER HILD A MADRIGAL CHRISTMAS CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CONJUNTO MADRIGAL "ME CERRASTE LA PUERTA" *RARE LP AUTOGRAPHED! TEXMEX VG+ US $12.99 [0 bids]
Andy Williams Wrong For Each Other / Madrigal 45rpm Shipping Discount Offered US $3.95 [0 bids]
Prague Madrigal Singers(Vinyl LP)Christmas Carols Of Old Europe-Ex/VG+ US $20.27 Buy It Now 2 days
Handl Gallus/Prague Madrigal Singers(Vinyl LP)Moralia-Supraphon-Ex/Ex US $23.65 Buy It Now 2 days
Prague Madrigal Singers(Vinyl LP)Da Palestrina-Supraphon-ST 50776-Czech Rep-Ex/E US $23.65 Buy It Now 2 days
Prague Madrigal Singers(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Christmas Carols-Supraphon-Ex/VG+ US $20.27 Buy It Now 2 days
MADRIGAL LP VINYL DE PIE SOBRE LAS RUINAS RARE VOCAL FOLK ARGENTINA FOLKLORE US $19.97 Buy It Now 2 days
MADRIGAL LP VINYL RECORD RAIZ VOCAL FOLK ARGENTINA RARE FOLKLORE US $19.97 Buy It Now 2 days
CLASSICAL LP: GIULIANI Guitar Concerto/ RODRIGO Concierto Madrigal ROMERO Import US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Signed! Rare AL MADRIGAL CD Live at Carnegie Hall or The Columbus Funnybone in US $12.99 [0 bids]
MADRIGAL,AL-WHY IS THE RABBIT CRYING CD NEW US $17.22 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER MADRIGAL AATTE HYMNE TIL ULVEN I CENTURY BLACK! MAYHEM MORBID ARCTURUS DIE US $12.99 [0 bids]
HK ???? Old Madrigal 2CDs US $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MADRIGAL-hallelujah-freedom- MAPL 1971-passing fancy-pop psych-EX+ US $7.94 [0 bids]
The Honolulu Madrigal Quartet JOY TO THE WORLD CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
listen Rockabilly OSCAR MADRIGAL ruby baby 1961 Dion Mexico US $24.99 [0 bids]
listen Rockin' Teen OSCAR MADRIGAL pequeña diana Dion Diane MEXICO 1962 US $24.99 [0 bids]
THOMAS FORTMANN Madrigal SWISS PICK LP 1979 MINT rare SYMPHONIC JAZZ ROCK US $34.99 [0 bids]
ULVER -nattens madrigal RARE 2002 ISSUE DISPLEASED RECORDS US $25.49 [2 bids]
DEAR ELVIS WITH LOVE FROM AUDREY 45 PLUS RECORDS CB SAMUEL MADRIGAL WITH MIMICRY US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MADRIGAL RENASCENTIS - MADRIGAL RENASCENTISTA - NEW CD US $15.22 Buy It Now 3 days
LP- Madrigals & Motets- Budapest Madrigal Ensemble- Monitor Records US $3.50 [0 bids]
ULVER NATTENS MADRIGAL,LP,FIRST BLACK VINYL PRESS,NEAR MINT US $99.00 [0 bids]
RARE SEALED MADRIGAL CHOIR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MUNSTER CARILLON RECORDS STEREO US $100.00 [0 bids]
INDEPENDENCE HIGH SCHOOL MADRIGAL SINGERS Vintage LP LUCY E CARROLL Record/Phot US $2.50 [0 bids]
The King's Singers' Madrigal History Tour US $8.96 Buy It Now 3 days
NANCY HOLLOWAY CORUL MADRIGAL SINCRON ROMANIAN VINYL RECORD LP ELECTRECORD US $99.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Justin Trouble - Madrigal MAP 9001 France LP - rare rock - testpressing US $59.00 [0 bids]
A Christmas Celebration by the Bristol,Conn Central High School Madrigal Singers US $8.00 [0 bids]
Tito Schipa VICTROLA 1126 Madrigal Espanol/ La Farfaletta & La Girometta US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Why Is The Rabbit Crying(Explicit Version) - Madrigal,Al US $12.42 Buy It Now 4 days
Corul De Camera MADRIGAL La A Zegea Aniversare RARE Vinyl LP Record US $24.95 Buy It Now 4 days
LOWELL THOMAS / TRINITY-PAWLING MADRIGAL SINGERS "EARLY AMERICAN MUSIC" RECORD US $14.95 [0 bids]
TAPPAN ZEE MADRIGAL SINGERS "20 BEST LOVED CHRISTMAS CAROLS" VINYL LP RECORD US $14.95 [0 bids]
2001 METAL ~ MADRIGAL ~ I Die, You Soar ~ RARE PROMO ~ PROMOTIONAL CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
Madrigal Time Of The Season Sovereign Sov107 1972 Vinyl 7" Demo Copy Ex Rare US $50.71 Buy It Now 4 days
RODRIGO CONCERTOS ARANJUEZ,ANDALUZ,MADRIGAL,LOS ROMEROS,PEPE ROMERO PHILIPS 2LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Andy Williams Columbia 45 Record #43015 NM Madrigal / Wrong For Each Other US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Nattens Madrigal by Ulver (CD, Jun-1997, Century Media (USA)) US $6.66 [1 bids]
Mi Terruno by Dueto Madrigal CD US $14.98 [0 bids]
Romania Music CD - CORUL MADRIGAL - BEST OF US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Madrigal Masterpieces / Deller Consort / Jannequin, Lassus Bach Guild LP US $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Andy Williams Madrigal b/w Wrong For Each Other 45-rpm Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LARRY'S REBELS ~ A STUDY IN BLACK / MADRIGAL (CD) US $16.90 Buy It Now 4 days
Swingle II Ward Swingle '70s Synthesizer Harpsichord Madrigal Singers Group LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Nattens Madrigal by Ulver (CD, Jun-1997, Century Media (USA)) US $8.29 Buy It Now 5 days
"CHRISTMAS WITH GREENLEAF (MADRIGAL SINGERS, ST LOUIS)" 1982-1983 LP RECORD US $24.95 [0 bids]
Wrong for each other - Madrigal Andy Williams Columbia 4-43015 US $2.97 [0 bids]
ENRIQUE BATIZ LONDON SYMPHONY RODRIGO MADRIGAL EMI ANGEL DIGITAL LP N/M VINYL US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Pop Promo 45 ELKE & THOMAS Madrigal on RCA Victor (Promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Laurel Zucker And Marc Shapiro-Madrigal For Flute And Piano CD NEW US $11.04 Buy It Now 5 days
THE ENGLISH MADRIGAL SCHOOL * BRAND NEW US $3.00 Buy It Now 5 days
PRAGUE MADRIGAL CHOIR LP - PALESTRINA Song of Songs US $14.75 Buy It Now 5 days
SADIE - MADRIGAL DE MARIA - GSCD091 US $26.54 Buy It Now 5 days
LONDON MADRIGAL SINGERS LP - GREENSLEEVES English Folk US $13.75 Buy It Now 5 days
The King's Singers' Madrigal History Tour with Consort of Musicke US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Praguq Madrigal Singers Miro Slav Venhod Musica Antiqua Slovaca LP MHS 4111 US $7.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Sad Theory - A Madrigal Of Sorrow Braz. DEATH THRASH!!! RARE OOP US $12.59 Buy It Now 5 days
The King's Singers: Madrigal History Tour '84 2LP Box US $13.51 Buy It Now 5 days
Madrigals and Motets - Budapest Madrigal Ensemble (LP Monitor MC 2054) G+/VG+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ASD 1651411 RODRIGO Concierto Madrigal etc LSO ENRIQUE BATIZ HMV STEREO 1983 LP US $10.12 Buy It Now 5 days
Anthology of Venezuelan Madrigal Schola Cantorum de Caracas - 2LP gatefold NM US $37.49 Buy It Now 5 days
AUDIOPHILE DEGITAL REC / THE KING'S SINGERS ENGLISH MADRIGAL COLLECTION / WITH O US $99.99 Buy It Now 5 days
URSULINE ACADEMY CHORUS & MADRIGAL SINGERS - A SONG OF JOY - AUDIO CD - 2002 US $8.00 [0 bids]
URSULINE ACADEMY CHORUS & MADRIGAL SINGERS - SING NOEL! - AUDIO CD - 2001 US $7.00 [0 bids]
ULVER - Nattens Madrigal CD - SEALED NEW COPY - Classic Black Metal US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
PAUL & BARRY RYAN 1969 MEXICAN EP ELOISE/LOVE I ALMOST FOUND YOU/MADRIGAL (P&B) US $4.40 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy MADRIGAL music online Buy MADRIGAL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MADRIGAL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MADRIGAL Silence & Before my Eyes ratings distribution

MADRIGAL Silence & Before my Eyes reviews

Review by The Prognaut
2 stars Walked in the music store, bumped into this sort of supermarket kart filled up to the ceiling with discount CDs, started to dig up in between the mountain of plastic corpses and came across this album by MADRIGAL (to be perfectly honest, I wasn't really sure if they were the German or the American band since I only had heard of them a couple of times). It was amusing and exciting to find a prog album among that pile of junk and wondered what a MADRIGAL album was doing there, thought it could've been misplaced but the price tag reading $2.99 told me to shut my pie hole immediately. After a couple of times of listening to it, I realized the reason why it had been tossed inside the "on sale" case displayed at the music store. I felt like I had been severely ripped off and somewhere in the depths of my mind, a little voice was claiming for a refund (I can be a cheap bastard sometimes, you know?).

Don't get me wrong, it's just that even after exhaustive sessions of listening meticulously to the work performed by the quartet from Hannover, I couldn't find a single thing to set this music off from the rest of the already applied formulas within the art rock genre, and whereas I distinguished the art rock essence nowhere in any tune or somewhere in between the few rhythmical sections some of the almost 20 minutes lasting album has got, I don't completely think of them as prog in spite of the arrangements performed in this kind of "jamming session" production. The first song "(No More) Face to Face" starts somewhat messy and intriguingly dark, mostly appealed to some underground prog metal band; the drums execution is loudly performed all along monotonous guitar riffs. When the song finally reaches out for a calm moment, there we can briefly perceive the distressed voice of Sandra WERNER trying to sing in English (almost as erratic as Laura BASLA's in "Voices Beyond my Curtain", but with an unpronounceable German accent) and find out there are other instruments besides the hypnotic guitar and the noisy, repetitive drums in the background. "Covered Sun" floats down the same stream, but it is even more accidental and it goes up and down through lugubrious guitar riffs performed by Lars TOTZKE.

There's a sudden change in the rhythmical composition of "Turn Back the Time", where the strings of acoustic guitars introduce the song to darker passages fulfilled with old-fashioned bass beats and clattering drums absurdly tuned to the mere intention of the piece. By the time we skip on to the self-titled song "Silence", it is quite impossible to tell the sounds explored here from the ones displayed on the song that had just finished to twang off. Surprisingly, it's the last song of the album where we can barely understand some words in English out of the entire record, I think that's a bonus, or whatever that means huh?

No matter how hard I tried to find a musical resemblance for you to compare the only work of this German band with something else, I just couldn't do so. There are no thinkable parameters of measurement or this sort of style a band could have for me to explain myself to you here, so, instead of going mad, my suggestion goes like this: do not buy. Whenever running into this album at some record store, step away from it very slowly. then run.

Send comments to The Prognaut (BETA) | Report this review (#4606) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 23, 2004

3 stars I found this album in 1998 when i was downloading songs from the once leagl and honest MP3.COM, to me findign this record was quite a shock, beacuse the songs were pretty good to be an unsigned record. This effort is quite naive, with good riffs, nice vocals and solid rock compositions, but no ... (read more)

Report this review (#4607) | Posted by arqwave | Saturday, September 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MADRIGAL "Silence & Before my Eyes"