SILENCE & BEFORE MY EYES

Madrigal Silence & Before my Eyes album cover

Buy MADRIGAL Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

SILENCE: 19:08
1. (No More) Face to Face (5:27)
2. Covered Sun (4:52)
3. Turn back the Time (4:03)
4. Silence (4:46)
BEFORE MY EYES: 17:50
1. Before my Eyes (4:24)
2. Evolution Error (3:56)
3. Deep Blues (5:20)

- Kai Paulmann / drums
- Sandra Werner / vocals
- Henning Pfeiffer / bass

Eigenproduktion

MADRIGAL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MADRIGAL Silence & Before my Eyes Music

MadrigalMadrigal
Lysergia 2014
Vinyl$60.85
PRAGUE MADRIGAL SINGERS christmas carols LP Mint- SUA ST 50619 w/Book 1964 US $26.00 Buy It Now 3h 54m
PHILIPS LP GIULIANI guitar concerto RODRIGO madrigal for two guitars MARRINER NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Adriano BANCHIERI Festino Giovedi Grasso - MADRIGAL Ens. - MELODIYA Russia Lp US $29.90 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez; Concierto madrigal / Bacarisse: Concertino Narci US $18.09 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Old English Vocal Music - the Prague Madrigal Singers LP CROSSROADS RECORDS US $9.99 [0 bids]
LP Album HAYDN, The Creation, South German Madrigal Choir, 3 records US $9.99 [0 bids]
Andrea Gabrieli: The Madrigal in Venice, New Music US $12.75 Buy It Now 11h 15m
JOHN WARD Madrigal 2XLP 1613 Decca D238D2 UK 1981 NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 30m
MALVEZZI / MUSICA FIGURATA / LORENZETTI - MADRIGAL FOR 5 & 6 VOICES NEW CD US $22.85 Buy It Now 11h 42m
URSULINE ACADEMY CHORUS & MADRIGAL SINGERS - SING NOEL! - AUDIO CD - 2001 US $7.00 [0 bids]
MADRIGAL - I DIE, YOU SOAR! * - NEW CD US $3.34 Buy It Now 12h 22m
MADRIGAL Time Of The Season / Tapestry 45 rpm PROMO Capitol 1972 Prog/Art Rock US $14.95 Buy It Now 12h 53m
Madrigal I Die , You Soar CD Nuclear Blast US $2.79 [0 bids]
MADRIGAL-hallelujah-freedom- MAPL 1971-passing fancy-pop psych-EX+ US $7.91 [0 bids]
Faure Shylock Pavane Cligula Madrigal de Almeida INEDITS 995012 US $11.55 Buy It Now 13h 49m
Nattens Madrigal - Ulver New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $17.60 Buy It Now 23h 57m
The Madrigal Singers Of Savannah - The Magic Of Johnny Mercer - Nice VG LP Rare! US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Joseph Szigeti/Szell/Munch - Mozart/Brahms Violin Concertos - Madrigal MADR-201 US $9.99 [1 bids]
ULVER Nattens Madrigal CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Madrigal Ensemble : Scarlatti Purcell Palestrina Frescobaldi Melodiya lp USSR US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DUETO* MADRIGAL "Mi Terruno" NEW COLLECTION CD FAST SHIPPING!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LP/VINYL-DG 2531 208 JOAQUIN RODRIGO Concierto de Aranjuez & Concierto Madrigal US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Wagner Madrigal Singers - Claudio Monteverdi - Rare Red Vinyl Record US $31.95 [0 bids]
MADRIGAL I die, you soar CD 2001 nuclear blast US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CHIMERA - BUENOS AIRES MADRIGAL NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver "Nattens Madrigal" 2x LP Yellow Vinyl *Limited To 150 Copies* Reissue 2012 US $30.00 [2 bids]
La Chimera - Buenos Aires Madrigal [CD New] US $13.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Buenos Aires Madrigal: Argentine Tangos & 17th Cent. Italian Madrigals by La... US $10.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Ensemble Madrigal Henry Purcell Harpsichord XVIIc. Music Soviet LP Record 1975 US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
URSULINE ACADEMY CHORUS & MADRIGAL SINGERS - A SONG OF JOY - AUDIO CD - 2002 US $8.00 [0 bids]
Reel Tape: 4 Track ~ 7 1/2 IPS: VTC-1652 Madrigal Masterpieces ~ Alfred Deller US $21.57 Buy It Now 1 day
The Williamsburg Madrigal Singers - Songs For..,Christmas (WS-114) Used Vinyl LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Malvezzi Musica Figurata Lorenzetti - Madrigal For 5 & 6 Voices CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 1 day
P. Glass - Madrigal Opera [CD New] US $16.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Twenty Madrigals - The Glory of Italian Madrigal lp VG+ US $23.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - Nattens Madrigal --- Huge Jacket Back Patch Backpatch US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
50553 PRAGE MADRIGAL SINGERS Josquin Des Prez Works LP US $22.02 Buy It Now 2 days
The King's Singers(Vinyl LP)Madrigal Collection-HMV-CSD 3756-UK-Ex/VG+ US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SUA ST 50434 PRAGE MADRIGAL SINGERS Lasso/Monteverdi LP US $25.28 Buy It Now 2 days
THE KING┤S SINGERS Madrigal Collection English and Italian Madrigals AVES LP NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
METROPOLITAN OPERA MADRIGAL SINGERS LP "Christmas: Welcome Every Guest" 1980 NM US $12.00 [0 bids]
3 RODRIGO CONCIERTO LPS-MADRIGAL-SERENATA-DE ARANJUEZ-BATIZ-DIGITAL STEREO -M- US $9.00 [0 bids]
CANTABILE Madrigal to McCartney - Live in Singapore (CD 2002) 15 Songs FREE SHIP US $10.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Christmas At Wayne State Madrigal Singers LP Sealed US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
METROPOLITAN OPERA MADRIGAL SINGERS LP "Christmas: Welcome Every Guest" 1980 NM US $14.96 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDY WILLIAMS - MADRIGAL / WRONG FOR EACH OTHER (43015) US $1.99 [0 bids]
RUSH: Closer To The Heart / Madrigal NEAR MINT Canadian 45 ANTHEM 1977 US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE MADRIGAL SINGERS OF SAINT LOUIS PRIVATE FOLK LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CHARA JAPAN Madrigal LIMITED ALBUM CD A US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Martinu: Flute Trios; Promenades; Madrigal Sonata, New Music US $8.31 Buy It Now 2 days
Conjunto Madrigal - Norte˝a Alegre Lp NM 20140120 US $17.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Elizabethan Heritage - Volume 1 : The Madrigal Singers - Dennis Nesbitt Stereo US $11.08 Buy It Now 2 days
antonio caldara - Madrigal , Cantata , Canson . Edwin Loehrer . Nonesuch lp Mono US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MADRIGAL MASTERPIECES Deller Consort~Vanguard Stereolab BGS-5031 NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER Nattens Madrigal...CD 1997 Century Black agalloch borknagar empyrium manes US $49.00 Buy It Now 2 days
"Madrigals" His Masters Voice Made in England,Cambridge University Madrigal Soc US $8.00 [0 bids]
Prague Madrigal Singers(Vinyl LP)Da Palestrina-Supraphon-ST 50776-Czech Rep-Ex/E US $17.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Prague Madrigal Singers(Vinyl LP)Christmas Carols Of Old Europe-Ex/VG+ US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Prague Madrigal Singers(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Christmas Carols-Supraphon-Ex/VG+ US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Handl Gallus/Prague Madrigal Singers(Vinyl LP)Moralia-Supraphon-SUA 50910-Ex/Ex US $17.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Kramm, Student Madrigal Choir, Munster - Brahms: Choral Music LP Used US $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Chara Madrigal JAPAN cd w/ OBI 13 tracks US $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Monteverdi Missa A Cappella, Prague Madrigal Singers, Crossroads LP -SEALED- US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ORAZIO VECCHI L'Amfiparnaso: A Madrigal Comedy/Western Wind NONESUCH Stereo US $9.35 Buy It Now 3 days
Philip Glass: A Madrigal Opera (CD, Jan-2010, Orange Mountain Music (USA)) US $14.12 Buy It Now 3 days
1a DISCOS MEGATONO GRUPO CALIFORNIA BALADA POR TU ERROR MADRIGAL TRAICION VEGA US $12.99 [0 bids]
The Madrigal Singers Of Savannah - The Magic Of Johnny Mercer - Nice VG LP Rare! US $29.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Al Madrigal - Why Is The Rabbit Crying? [CD New] US $13.90 Buy It Now 3 days
RODRIGO / PETER / KATONA KATONA - CONCIERTO MADRIGAL: GUITAR WORKS NEW CD US $28.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal [CD New] US $11.24 Buy It Now 3 days
ULVER - NATTENS MADRIGAL NEW CD US $16.26 Buy It Now 3 days
YEPES & MONDEN Guitar RODRIGO Concierto Madrigal & Aranjuez DGG Stereo Low SHIP US $35.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ULVER NATTENS MADRIGAL,LP,FIRST BLACK VINYL PRESS,NEAR MINT US $99.00 [0 bids]
6LP LOT Madrigal Motet Choral GARDNER LUYTENS MONTEVERDI PAISELLO BECKET FreeS US $59.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Anthology of Venezuelan Madrigal Schola Cantorum de Caracas - 2LP GATEFOLD NMint US $27.19 Buy It Now 3 days
MIROSLAV VENHODA PRAGUE MADRIGAL SINGERS CZECH SUPRAPHON LP MINT US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MADRIGAL choir MONTEVERDI Palestrina Friderichi Gastoldi KRALEV Balkanton MINT US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
J. Rodrigo - Con Madrigal/Con Andaluz CD US $18.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Mauricio Kagel - Schwarzes Madrigal CD US $22.16 Buy It Now 3 days
GABRIELI / I FAGIOLINI - MADRIGAL IN VENICE: POLITICS DIALOGUES US $25.05 Buy It Now 3 days
WEISS / UCLA MADRIGAL CHORUS - 20TH CENTURY AMERICAN MUSIC NEW CD US $22.85 Buy It Now 3 days
J. Rodrigo - Concierto Madrigal Guitar Works CD US $20.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Al Madrigal - Why Is The Rabbit Crying? CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Handl Gallus / Prague Madrigal Singers . miroslav venhoda . Supraphon lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DELLER CONSORT LP - Madrigal Masterpieces US $14.75 Buy It Now 4 days
DELLER CONSORT LP - Madrigal Masterpieces Vol.2 US $13.75 Buy It Now 4 days
MADISON CHOIR & MADRIGAL SINGERS LP (1970) US $19.95 Buy It Now 4 days
MOGENS PEDERSáN - MUSIC FROM THE TIME OF CHRISTIAN IV: THE MADRIGAL - NEW CD US $18.33 Buy It Now 4 days
Williamsburg Madrigal Singers LP Songs For A Wiliamsburg Christmas 1982 Virginia US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CHOIR MADRIGAL, CHOIR LEADER - STOYAN KRALEV, NM, BLACK LABEL, BULGARIA PRESS US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BGS-5031 The Bach Guild, MADRIGAL MASTERPIECES, Alfred Deller, director, STEREO US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ROSSINI / FRITZ BASEL MADRIGAL CHOIR / NAF - PETITE MESSE SOLENNELLE NEW CD US $14.44 Buy It Now 4 days
KAGEL / SCHOENBERG ENS / HALSEY / BERLIN RADIO CHR - SCHWARZES MADRIGAL NEW CD US $25.05 Buy It Now 4 days
Francisco Madrigal : Francisco Madrigal CD (1998) US $4.03 Buy It Now 4 days
Joy to the World 20 Best Loved Christmas Carols Madrigal Singers LP Vinyl Record US $2.24 Buy It Now 4 days
MADRIGAL - TIME OF THE SEASON / TAPESTRY 7" TURKISH PRESSING RARE PROG US $90.00 Buy It Now 4 days
LAKELAND MADRIGALS - VERY MADRIGAL CHRISTMAS NEW CD US $23.96 Buy It Now 4 days
P. Glass - Madrigal Opera CD US $18.25 Buy It Now 4 days
RODRIGO - CONCIERTO MADRIGAL (PHILIPS 6514 295) DUTCH 1970s LP GUITAR ROMERO EX+ US $8.14 Buy It Now 4 days
RODRIGO / ROMERO / MARRINER / AMF - CONCIERTO MADRIGAL NEW CD US $20.65 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy MADRIGAL music online Buy MADRIGAL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MADRIGAL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MADRIGAL Silence & Before my Eyes ratings distribution

MADRIGAL Silence & Before my Eyes reviews

Review by The Prognaut
2 stars Walked in the music store, bumped into this sort of supermarket kart filled up to the ceiling with discount CDs, started to dig up in between the mountain of plastic corpses and came across this album by MADRIGAL (to be perfectly honest, I wasn't really sure if they were the German or the American band since I only had heard of them a couple of times). It was amusing and exciting to find a prog album among that pile of junk and wondered what a MADRIGAL album was doing there, thought it could've been misplaced but the price tag reading $2.99 told me to shut my pie hole immediately. After a couple of times of listening to it, I realized the reason why it had been tossed inside the "on sale" case displayed at the music store. I felt like I had been severely ripped off and somewhere in the depths of my mind, a little voice was claiming for a refund (I can be a cheap bastard sometimes, you know?).

Don't get me wrong, it's just that even after exhaustive sessions of listening meticulously to the work performed by the quartet from Hannover, I couldn't find a single thing to set this music off from the rest of the already applied formulas within the art rock genre, and whereas I distinguished the art rock essence nowhere in any tune or somewhere in between the few rhythmical sections some of the almost 20 minutes lasting album has got, I don't completely think of them as prog in spite of the arrangements performed in this kind of "jamming session" production. The first song "(No More) Face to Face" starts somewhat messy and intriguingly dark, mostly appealed to some underground prog metal band; the drums execution is loudly performed all along monotonous guitar riffs. When the song finally reaches out for a calm moment, there we can briefly perceive the distressed voice of Sandra WERNER trying to sing in English (almost as erratic as Laura BASLA's in "Voices Beyond my Curtain", but with an unpronounceable German accent) and find out there are other instruments besides the hypnotic guitar and the noisy, repetitive drums in the background. "Covered Sun" floats down the same stream, but it is even more accidental and it goes up and down through lugubrious guitar riffs performed by Lars TOTZKE.

There's a sudden change in the rhythmical composition of "Turn Back the Time", where the strings of acoustic guitars introduce the song to darker passages fulfilled with old-fashioned bass beats and clattering drums absurdly tuned to the mere intention of the piece. By the time we skip on to the self-titled song "Silence", it is quite impossible to tell the sounds explored here from the ones displayed on the song that had just finished to twang off. Surprisingly, it's the last song of the album where we can barely understand some words in English out of the entire record, I think that's a bonus, or whatever that means huh?

No matter how hard I tried to find a musical resemblance for you to compare the only work of this German band with something else, I just couldn't do so. There are no thinkable parameters of measurement or this sort of style a band could have for me to explain myself to you here, so, instead of going mad, my suggestion goes like this: do not buy. Whenever running into this album at some record store, step away from it very slowly. then run.

Send comments to The Prognaut (BETA) | Report this review (#4606) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 23, 2004

3 stars I found this album in 1998 when i was downloading songs from the once leagl and honest MP3.COM, to me findign this record was quite a shock, beacuse the songs were pretty good to be an unsigned record. This effort is quite naive, with good riffs, nice vocals and solid rock compositions, but no ... (read more)

Report this review (#4607) | Posted by arqwave | Saturday, September 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MADRIGAL "Silence & Before my Eyes"