SILENCE & BEFORE MY EYES

Madrigal Silence & Before my Eyes album cover

Buy MADRIGAL Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

SILENCE: 19:08
1. (No More) Face to Face (5:27)
2. Covered Sun (4:52)
3. Turn back the Time (4:03)
4. Silence (4:46)
BEFORE MY EYES: 17:50
1. Before my Eyes (4:24)
2. Evolution Error (3:56)
3. Deep Blues (5:20)

- Kai Paulmann / drums
- Sandra Werner / vocals
- Henning Pfeiffer / bass

Eigenproduktion

MADRIGAL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MADRIGAL Silence & Before my Eyes Music

Venboda Prague Madrigal Singers Missa Cantantibus Organis Caecilia - E LP Czech US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Rodrigo(2x12" Vinyl LP)Concerto De Aranjuez/Concerto Madrigal-Philips-6598 760-N US $18.47 Buy It Now 2h 40m
METROPOLITAN OPERA MADRIGAL SINGERS CHRISTMAS ALBUM WELCOME EVERY GUEST MET #202 US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 31m
CONJUNTO MADRIGAL DE JUNE P. GARCIA 'MADRECITA QUERIDA TEXMEX FRESNO ECONOMIC US $15.99 [1 bids]
GIULIANI MADRIGAL Fur Zwei Gitarren Und Orchester PEPE & ANGEL ROMERO 1975 US $15.11 Buy It Now 9h 28m
Deller Consort - Madrigal Masterpieces LP Renaissance Music Alfred Deller US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 42m
Prague Madrigal Singers - Old English Vocal Music LP Crossroads US $12.00 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Beatus Vir / Gloria In D Vivaldi / Sofia Madrigal & Orchestral CD US $19.98 Buy It Now 18h 30m
OSCAR MADRIGAL RARE MEXICAN ROCK 45 CAMINA DERECHITO (ROOFTOP SINGERS COVER) US $3.99 Buy It Now 19h 26m
Madrigal Choir of the University on Munster Herma Kramm Director Very Rare US $29.99 [0 bids]
The King's Singers(Vinyl LP)Madrigal Collection-HMV-CSD 3756-UK-Ex/VG+ US $13.43 Buy It Now 1 day
BRUCE MATHER - Madrigal V / Symphonic Ode - 1975 CAPAC 50th ANNIVERSARY PROJECT US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Madrigal Mint Blue Vinyl Promo 45- I Believe In Sunshine US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MADRIGAL MASTERPIECES RENAISSANCE FRANCE, ITALY & ENGLAND BACH GUILD BGS 5031 US $2.99 [0 bids]
"MADRIGALS AND MOTETS" BUDAPEST MADRIGAL ENSEMBLE REEL TO REEL VG+ US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Paul and Barry Ryan 45 Pictures of Today /Madrigal - PROMO rpm record 7" vinyl US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Monteverdi Missa a Cappella Gabrieli Hymnum Prague Madrigal Singers VENHODA MINT US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Nattens Madrigal Ulver CD US $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Buenos Aires Madrigal: Argentine Tangos & 17th Cent. Italian M CD US $12.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Andy Williams Wrong For Each Other / Madrigal 45rpm Shipping Discount Offered US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MADRIGAL-"Madrigal" / SEALED original early-1970's LP/SSS International Records US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Buenos Aires Madrigal, , Good US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Earth Chants: Madrigal Singers of Sbhs, Madrigals of Sbhs, Good Import US $7.46 Buy It Now 1 day
ZUCKER/SHAPIRO - MADRIGAL FOR FLUTE & PIANO [CD NEW] US $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
2-LP, C.W. Post College Madrigal and Chamber Singers in Concert, 1971, VG+ US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LA CHIMERA - BUENOS AIRES MADRIGAL: ARGENTINE TANGOS & 17TH CENT. - NEW CD US $12.53 Buy It Now 2 days
ITALIAN MADRIGAL NM de Lassus Negri Gabrieli Gesualdo Monteverdi vecchi Wert US $16.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez; Concierto madrigal / Bacarisse: Concertino Narci US $18.64 Buy It Now 2 days
ELKE & THOMAS 1966 RCA VICTOR PROMO 7" MUSTAFA b/w MADRIGAL US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
OLMSTED 2523 dilly bean madrigal Yuletide / John Bull, Blanch Winogran vinyl 45 US $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Madrigal Masterpieces. The Deller Consort. Alfred Deller. Bach Guild. Vanguard US $3.99 [0 bids]
1a DISCOS MEGATONO GRUPO CALIFORNIA BALADA POR TU ERROR MADRIGAL TRAICION VEGA US $12.99 [0 bids]
4 trk Reel to Reel VTC 1652 Vanguard~Madrigal Masterpieces US $9.95 [0 bids]
VINTAGE LP GREENSLEEVES THE LONDON MADRIGAL SINGERS arranged by RALPH V WILLIAMS US $0.99 [0 bids]
V.A Madrigal Mexicano / Los Dandys, Miguel Aceves, Maria duval/ LP VG+ US $2.76 Buy It Now 2 days
LP- Madrigals & Motets- Budapest Madrigal Ensemble- Monitor Records US $3.50 [0 bids]
Kagel,Mauricio - Schwarzes Madrigal [CD New] US $15.79 Buy It Now 2 days
THE KING'S SINGERS "NM The King's SIngers' Madrigal Collection VIC2045 LP x3379 US $4.99 [0 bids]
ANTONIN FILS/PRAGUE MADRIGAL SINGERS missa solemnis in c/christmas carols LP 17 US $8.62 Buy It Now 3 days
MADRIGAL dj 45 TIME OF THE SEASON / TAPESTRY ~CAPITOL VG+ rock US $5.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Conjunto Madrigal NORTENA ALEGRE Vinyl 33 LP Mexican Music Record Album VG+ US $5.00 [0 bids]
Deller Consort: Madrigal Masterpieces. LP - Vanguard / Bach Guild, BGS-5031 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ORLANDO DI LASSO Madrigal Venhoda Telefunken Holy Lessons of Prophet Job US $20.36 Buy It Now 3 days
MADRIGAL - CENIZAS - LAS COSAS QUE ME ALEJAN DE TI 7" 45 RPM NM FREE S US $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
PRAGUE MADRIGAL CHOIR VENHODA orlando di lasso LP VG+ H-71053 Vinyl Record US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The King's Singers Madrigal History Tour w/Consort of Musicke - MMG 1160 SEALED US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
FAURE shylock pavane madrigal caligula SENECHAL, DE ALMEIDA, INEDITS ORTF 995012 US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RODRIGO Conciertos ARANJUEZ Andaluz MADRIGAL Los Romeros PHILIPS 6747430 2 LPs US $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
HUBERT EISDELL WHERE MY CARAVAN HAS RESTED & MADRIGAL HMV B744 US $5.03 Buy It Now 3 days
DELLER morley english madrigal school vol 3 LP Mint- BGS 5002 Vinyl Record US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE ENGLISH MADRIGAL SCHOOL * BRAND NEW US $3.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The English Singers: Sing We At Pleasure-Madrigal 78 US $5.60 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RECORD ANDY WILLIAMS: WONG FOR EACH OTHER, MADRIGAL US $4.40 Buy It Now 4 days
MADRID MADRIGAL QUARTET duke of calabria songbook LP Mint- MHS 1946 Vinyl US $9.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIANO BANCHIERI Barca Di Venetia .. Madrigal Comedy Quadrophonie LP 1976 NM- US $13.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Sunshine Psych Pop Rarity LP MADRIGAL SSS International Canada Group 1970 Orignl US $49.00 Buy It Now 4 days
"Tejano Tex-Mex" "Conjunto Madrigal Rosario Gutierrez" "Viva Nortena" "Rare LP" US $9.99 [0 bids]
MADRIGAL Sunshine & Baked Beans Rare Canadian Psych 1970 US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MADRIGAL I BELIEVE IN SUNSHINE & LADY 1970 7" 45 EX+ RARE CANADIAN CLASSIC ROCK US $15.99 [0 bids]
YEHUDI WYNER - YEHUDI WYNER: THE SECOND MADRIGAL; OBOE QUARTET; - NEW CD US $12.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Open Door to Spanish Language Records 4 Margarita Madrigal's 2 Speeds 45 RPM 33 US $10.00 [0 bids]
Kings Singers Madrigal Collection LP HMV CSD3756 EX/EX 1974 US $16.81 Buy It Now 5 days
Kings Singers Madrigal History Tour 2LP HMV E107839 EX/EX 1980 double LP boxed w US $21.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Wrong for each other - Madrigal Andy Williams Columbia 4-43015 US $2.97 [0 bids]
Lot of 2 RENAISSANCE MUSIC LPs Records France Italy England 1500's Madrigal US $13.83 Buy It Now 5 days
Concierto De Aranjuez / Concierto Madrigal Rodrigo / Yepes / M CD US $10.52 Buy It Now 5 days
Ulver ?- Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne Til Ulven I Manden US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The English Madrigal School John Wilbye Vanguard US $2.97 [0 bids]
Howie Day- The Madrigal E.P.-CD Single SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Palestrina Canticum Canticorum Madrigal Hilliard Ense EMI 2CD 1ST ED US $99.00 Buy It Now 5 days
d'INDIA Arias Madrigal and Motets FIVE CENTURIES Italia/Fonit Cetra ITL 70026 US $13.50 Buy It Now 6 days
MADRIGAL RUMORES INDELEBLES SEALED CD NEW 2006 US $5.18 Buy It Now 6 days
CLASSICAL LP: VIVALDI Indrada E Gloria TAKACS Budapest Madrigal SZEKERES Hungaro US $8.95 Buy It Now 6 days
ULVER NATTENS MADRIGAL SEALED CD NEW 2010 US $5.88 Buy It Now 6 days
Rodrigo: Concerto Madrigal; Concerto Andaluz (CD, Oct-1990, Philips) US $5.50 [0 bids]
Madrigal Time Of The Season Sovereign Sov107 1972 Vinyl 7" Demo Copy Ex Rare US $50.43 Buy It Now 6 days
ZELIA BARBOSA R CHAVES M HEDIGUER BRASIL SERTAO FAVELAS MADRIGAL RARE ARGENTINA US $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
VARIOUS SONGS AND DANCES OF THE UKRAINE RARE MADRIGAL FOLK LP ARGENTINA EDIT US $55.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Heinrich Schutz: Il Primo Libro de Madrigal, Venezia CD + OBI * NEW SEALED Rare US $18.04 Buy It Now 6 days
10' DIABLO VALLEY COLLEGE MADRIGAL SINGERS - In the Planetarium SUPER RARE! VG+ US $14.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Sexteto Armonia '73 *Madrigal* US $4.99 [0 bids]
Barrington Consolidated High School Senior A Cappella Choir & Madrigal 1970 LP US $29.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Verdelot: A Renaissance Songbook - The Complete Madrigal Book of 1536 /C King C US $16.03 Buy It Now 6 days
Giuliani: Guitar Concerto No. 1; Rodrigo: Concerto Madrigal; Sones en la Giralda US $17.20 Buy It Now 6 days
AL MADRIGAL - WHY IS THE RABBIT CRYING NEW CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 6 days
Schwarzes Madrigal Kagel / Schoenberg Ens / Halsey / Berlin Ra CD US $12.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Montsalvatge: Madrigal; Cinco invocaciones al Crucificado; Folia daliniana; Conc US $8.51 Buy It Now 6 days
Rodrigo,J. - Con Madrigal/Con Andaluz [CD New] US $11.28 Buy It Now 6 days
LOS PAJAROS VETE / MADRIGAL GUAJIRO VENEZUELA 7" US $34.65 Buy It Now 7 days
20th Century American Music Weiss / Ucla Madrigal Chorus CD US $11.01 Buy It Now 7 days
Modern Madrigal Singers LP Les Chansons de Poulenc Milhaud Debussy Ravel US $14.00 Buy It Now 7 days
PHILIPS LP GIULIANI guitar concerto RODRIGO madrigal for two guitars MARRINER NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Concierto Madrigal Rodrigo / Romero / Marriner / Amf CD US $9.79 Buy It Now 7 days
Adriano BANCHIERI Festino Giovedi Grasso - MADRIGAL Ens. - MELODIYA Russia Lp US $29.90 Buy It Now 7 days
PORT HURON NORTHERN HIGH SCHOOL A CAPPELLA CHOIR & MADRIGAL 1967 LP J. AIRTENE US $89.95 Buy It Now 7 days
LILIA MADRIGAL CANTA *Erna Rare LP ER-107-S US $49.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Andrea Gabrieli: The Madrigal in Venice, New Music US $14.36 Buy It Now 7 days
group MADRIGAL Thousand Years Of Music vol.4 MELODIYA D-023325 LP Russian US $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Madrigal Singers Of Savannah - The Magic Of Johnny Mercer - Nice VG LP Rare! US $7.00 Buy It Now 8 days
ULVER Nattens Madrigal CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy MADRIGAL music online Buy MADRIGAL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MADRIGAL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MADRIGAL Silence & Before my Eyes ratings distribution

MADRIGAL Silence & Before my Eyes reviews

Review by The Prognaut
2 stars Walked in the music store, bumped into this sort of supermarket kart filled up to the ceiling with discount CDs, started to dig up in between the mountain of plastic corpses and came across this album by MADRIGAL (to be perfectly honest, I wasn't really sure if they were the German or the American band since I only had heard of them a couple of times). It was amusing and exciting to find a prog album among that pile of junk and wondered what a MADRIGAL album was doing there, thought it could've been misplaced but the price tag reading $2.99 told me to shut my pie hole immediately. After a couple of times of listening to it, I realized the reason why it had been tossed inside the "on sale" case displayed at the music store. I felt like I had been severely ripped off and somewhere in the depths of my mind, a little voice was claiming for a refund (I can be a cheap bastard sometimes, you know?).

Don't get me wrong, it's just that even after exhaustive sessions of listening meticulously to the work performed by the quartet from Hannover, I couldn't find a single thing to set this music off from the rest of the already applied formulas within the art rock genre, and whereas I distinguished the art rock essence nowhere in any tune or somewhere in between the few rhythmical sections some of the almost 20 minutes lasting album has got, I don't completely think of them as prog in spite of the arrangements performed in this kind of "jamming session" production. The first song "(No More) Face to Face" starts somewhat messy and intriguingly dark, mostly appealed to some underground prog metal band; the drums execution is loudly performed all along monotonous guitar riffs. When the song finally reaches out for a calm moment, there we can briefly perceive the distressed voice of Sandra WERNER trying to sing in English (almost as erratic as Laura BASLA's in "Voices Beyond my Curtain", but with an unpronounceable German accent) and find out there are other instruments besides the hypnotic guitar and the noisy, repetitive drums in the background. "Covered Sun" floats down the same stream, but it is even more accidental and it goes up and down through lugubrious guitar riffs performed by Lars TOTZKE.

There's a sudden change in the rhythmical composition of "Turn Back the Time", where the strings of acoustic guitars introduce the song to darker passages fulfilled with old-fashioned bass beats and clattering drums absurdly tuned to the mere intention of the piece. By the time we skip on to the self-titled song "Silence", it is quite impossible to tell the sounds explored here from the ones displayed on the song that had just finished to twang off. Surprisingly, it's the last song of the album where we can barely understand some words in English out of the entire record, I think that's a bonus, or whatever that means huh?

No matter how hard I tried to find a musical resemblance for you to compare the only work of this German band with something else, I just couldn't do so. There are no thinkable parameters of measurement or this sort of style a band could have for me to explain myself to you here, so, instead of going mad, my suggestion goes like this: do not buy. Whenever running into this album at some record store, step away from it very slowly. then run.

Send comments to The Prognaut (BETA) | Report this review (#4606) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 23, 2004

3 stars I found this album in 1998 when i was downloading songs from the once leagl and honest MP3.COM, to me findign this record was quite a shock, beacuse the songs were pretty good to be an unsigned record. This effort is quite naive, with good riffs, nice vocals and solid rock compositions, but no ... (read more)

Report this review (#4607) | Posted by arqwave | Saturday, September 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MADRIGAL "Silence & Before my Eyes"