GREATEST HITS

Queen Greatest Hits album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy QUEEN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1981

1. Bohemian Rhapsody (5:59)
2. Another One Bites The Dust (3:35)
3. Killer Queen (2:57)
4. Fat Bottomed Girls (4:16)
5. Bicycle Race (3:01)
6. You're My Best Friend (2:50)
7. Don't Stop Me Now (3:29)
8. Save Me (3:48)
9. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (2:44)
10. Somebody To Love (4:56)
11. Now I'm Here (4:10)
12. Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy (2:53)
13. Play The Game (3:30)
14. Flash (3:29)
15. Seven Seas Of Rhye (2:48)
16. We Will Rock You (2:01)
17. We Are The Champions (2:59)

Search QUEEN Greatest Hits lyrics

Search QUEEN Greatest Hits tabs

- Freddie Mercury / piano, vocals
- Brian May / guitars, piano, vocals
- Roger taylor / drums, vocals
- John deacon / bass

Thanks to tuxon for the addition

QUEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEEN Greatest Hits Music

Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)
Box set
A Night at the Opera [Vinyl]A Night at the Opera [Vinyl]
Fontana Hollywood 2008
Vinyl$14.19
QUEEN - CLASSIC QUEEN [720616131126] - NEW CD US $11.24 Buy It Now 32m 35s
QUEEN HOT SPACE RARE ORIGINAL EX YUGOSALV IA 1ST PRESSING 1982 EX-/EX US $26.00 Buy It Now 34m 13s
ROCK CITY NIGHTS various RCNTV 1 uk vertigo LP PS EX/EX queen quo marillion toto US $14.94 Buy It Now 34m 55s
LEATHER AND LACE the second chapter queen/fleetwood mac/vixen/gun LP PS VG/VG+ US $13.27 Buy It Now 38m 14s
To the Queen and Mother THE "SALUTATIONS" TO THE MOTHER OF GOD Orthodox CD Book US $14.00 Buy It Now 40m 7s
Garth Hudson - Our Lady Queen Of The Angels [CD New] US $12.96 Buy It Now 40m 32s
All The Queen's Men [CD New] US $8.36 Buy It Now 40m 46s
This et al Wardens / Rotary queen 7" vinyl single US $8.29 Buy It Now 43m 51s
QUEEN Japan 1974 PS 45 Killer Queen/Flick Of The Wrist US $19.77 Buy It Now 49m 20s
(The Very Best of HELEN SHAPIRO)-England's teenage pop music queen-L3-LP US $21.01 Buy It Now 55m 34s
Queen (7" Vinyl)I Want It All-Parlophone-QUEEN 10-UK-VG/NM US $8.99 Buy It Now 55m 58s
Queen(7" Vinyl)Headlong-EMI-QUEEN 18-UK-Ex/VG US $17.99 Buy It Now 56m 5s
Queen (7" Vinyl)Breakthru-Parlophone-QUEEN 11-UK-Ex/Ex US $13.99 Buy It Now 56m 5s
American Buzz(7" Vinyl)Queen Of Illusion-Plaza-PLAZA 010-UK-Ex/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 56m 18s
Dave Edmunds(7" Vinyl)Queen Of Hearts-Swan Song-SSK 19419-UK-VG+/Ex US $6.99 Buy It Now 56m 24s
The Queen's Division(7" Vinyl)Junior School Of Music-Music Masters-554-UK-VG/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 56m 26s
Johnny Cash - Ballad Of A Teenage Queen VG++ 1958 US $15.99 Buy It Now 57m 13s
Queen(7" Vinyl)One Vision-EMI-Queen 6-UK-VG+/Ex US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Play That Game-EMI-EMI 5076-UK-Ex/Ex US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The Queen's Hall Light Orchestra(7" Vinyl)Jamaican Rumba-Columbia-SEG7508-UK-VG/ US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Allez Allez(7" Vinyl)African Queen (Pour La Grace)-Kamera-ERA 10-France-Ex/NM US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)A Crazy Little Thing Called Love-EMI-EMI5001-UK-VG/VG US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Under Pressure-EMI-EMI 5250-UK-VG/VG US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Killer Queen-EMI-EMI 2229-UK-VG/Ex US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Thank God Its Christmas-EMI-QUEEN5-UK-Ex/Ex US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Flash-EMI-EMI 5126-UK-Ex/Ex US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Somebody To Love/ White Man-EMI-EMI 2565-UK-Ex/Ex US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Killer Queen / Flick Of The Wrist-EMI-EMI 2229-UK-Ex/VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Bicycle Race / Fat Bottomed Girls-EMI-EMI 2870-UK-/Ex US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Now I'm Here / Lily Of The Valley-EMI-EMI 2256-UK-Ex/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)First E.P-EMI-EMI 2623-UK-Ex/Ex US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Save Me / Let Me Entertain You-EMI-EMI 5022-UK-/Ex US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl) Somebody To Love / White Man-EMI-EMI 2565-UK-Ex/VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)Crazy Little Thing Called Love-EMI-Ex/Ex US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Queen(7" Vinyl)I'm Going Slightly Mad-Parlophone-QUEEN 17-UK-/VG US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Purcell(7" Vinyl)The Fairy Queen-HMV-7EG 8308-UK-Ex/NM US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Dame Clara Butt(7" Vinyl)Queen Of Song-Columbia-SED 5545-UK-Ex/NM US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Handel(7" Vinyl)Overture/Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba-Columbia-SED5516-UK-Ex/NM US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
QUEEN & WYCLEF JEAN - ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST (3 TRK CD SINGLE) (REF B3) US $4.97 Buy It Now 1h 7m
LIZZY MILES QUEEN MOTHER OF THE RUE ROYALE+SAM DeKEMEL COOK LABS 10" 33 LP 1954 US $9.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN (self titled) 180g Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $28.02 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Molly Half Head - Shine 7" & v/a - Giltter Tour EP 7" Bandit Queen Mantaray US $9.14 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Queen. Queen II. 1974. Santa Records, 1994. Russia. Different issue. Rare label. US $29.00 [0 bids]
Queen. Greatest Hits. 19 tracks. 1981. EMI / Balkanton. Bulgaria. 2 LPs. Rare. US $19.00 [0 bids]
Queen. Queen I. 1973. Santa Records, 1994. P94 RAT 30733. Russia. Rare label. LP US $15.00 [0 bids]
Queen // Smeritchka. Moscow, Russia, USSR. Blue 7" Flexi EP with PS. MONO. Rare. US $167.00 [0 bids]
SUZANNE VEGA Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles Vinyl LP NEW US $29.82 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Edmunds, Dave Queen of hearts 7" SSK19419 /EX UK US $10.48 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Silo - Ice Queen CD EP US $2.34 Buy It Now 1h 20m
queen -( the works ) US $9.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN-GAME (JPN) (SHM) CD NEW US $36.64 Buy It Now 1h 25m
QUEEN-FLASH GORDON (JPN) (SHM) CD NEW US $37.50 Buy It Now 1h 25m
QUEEN-HOT SPACE (JPN) (SHM) CD NEW US $37.50 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Trav'lin' Light by Queen Latifah (CD, Sep-2007, Verve) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Killer Queen Lyrics T Shirt Black or White US $20.77 Buy It Now 1h 26m
QUEEN the Miracle UKRAINIAN Cassette TAPE - EMI Ukraine - Freddie Me US $19.90 Buy It Now 1h 27m
DeBARGE QUEEN OF MY HEART/ RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT 45 VINYL GORDY US $0.75 [0 bids]
Promo 45 rpm - HEART - Wilson Sisters - LITTLE QUEEN - w/Co. Slv. - 1977 - NM US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 28m
QUEEN..SAVE ME..EXCELLENT 1980 EMI HARD ROCK 7"...EMI 5022 US $4.97 Buy It Now 1h 29m
T-ARA -SINGLECOMPLETE BEST MUSIC CLIPS'QUEEN OF POPS-JAPAN 2 DVD Ltd/Ed M39 YZ US $58.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
QUEEN THE GAME 1980 JAPAN CD OBI CP32-5318 US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
RUBY ANDREWS "QUEEN OF THE DISCO" 45 VINYL ABC US $0.90 [0 bids]
ARETHA FRANKLIN,JAMES BROWN-QUEEN MEETS GODFATHER - ST 12" SINGLE-NM/VG+ LP0100 US $11.00 [0 bids]
Guerrero/Victoria/Derling - Hail! Queen Of Heaven [CD New] US $9.96 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Queen - News Of The World [CD New] US $11.70 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Queen - Works [CD New] US $11.70 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Queen - Works (2 Cd Remastered Deluxe Edition) [CD New] US $15.57 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Various Artists - Coronation of H.M. Queen Elizabeth II (1997) US $13.27 [0 bids]
PAUL McCARTNEY, QUEEN, WHO, CLASH, CONCERT FOR PEOPLE OF KAMPUCHEA 1981 UK LP US $49.83 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Hot Chocolate(7" Vinyl)Disco Queen-RAK-RAK 202-UK-VG/Ex US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 49m
KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND 7" VINYL QUEEN OF CLUB JAY BOY BOY 88 EX US $6.40 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Queen-The Game Vinyl LP (White label edition) Elektra Records US $9.00 [0 bids]
Quincy Jones & Dinah Washington Queen & Quincy 1965 Mono LP VG+ PROMO US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
QUEEN Official Merchandise Ceramic Mug Brand New CLASSIC CREST GLOSSY US $13.27 Buy It Now 1h 58m
T-ARA -SINGLECOMPLETE BEST MUSIC CLIPS'QUEEN OF POPS-JAPAN DVD I98 US $43.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
QUEEN Live Killers 2-CD Set 1991 Hollywood Records HR-61066-2 US $6.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN -7" Single-Tie Your Mother Down/You And I, EX+ US $11.61 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Little Queen by Heart (CD, Jan-1985, Portrait) US $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 12m
The Miracle [Remaster] by Queen US $5.24 Buy It Now 2h 13m
T-ARA -SINGLECOMPLETE BEST MUSIC CLIPS'QUEEN OF POPS-JAPAN BLU-RAY DVD M65 US $58.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
CONFEDERATE RAILROAD - QUEEN OF MEMPHIS/JESUS AND MAMA - 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
FROM BUBBLEGUM TO SK - NOTHING SADDER THAN LONELY QUEEN [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $8.71 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Queen The Game US $8.00 [0 bids]
SR 90349 BACHAUER QUEEN OF THE KEYBOARD RARE LIV PRES ST VINYL LP NM+ US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
DAVE & SUGAR - QUEEN OF THE SILVER DOLLAR/FOOLS - 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
BRENDA LEE - QUEEN OF ROCK'N'ROLL - CDCH 1222 US $16.60 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Miss Machine Not another pop queen 7" SLR002 EX/EX UK US $10.48 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Freddie Mercury Gold Disc. Autograph. Shiny Gold Vinyl CD. Retro. Queen US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 31m
7"-Single QUEEN - Who Wants To Live Forever / Killer Queen (1986) GERMANY PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Queen - I Want It All 12" US $12.46 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Queen - Deep Cuts 1973-1976 (2011) US $14.94 Buy It Now 2h 37m

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUEEN Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(19%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(41%)

QUEEN Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Single minded

Queen are one of the few bands listed in this site who have genuinely had a long run of "Greatest hits" in terms of singles success. This, the first of three Greatest Hits collections, gathers together 17 of their singles from the "Queen 2 " album, through to "The game" and the film soundtrack "Flash".

The track list pretty much selects itself, and all the songs will be entirely familiar to those who were around during their most successful years. The only semblance of order to the tracks is that they are presented with the casual shopper in mind, i.e. their best known songs are at the start and end of the album, with "Bohemian Rhapsody" being the first cab off the rank.

In prog terms, after the first track, there is nothing of any relevance here, any prog inclinations the band had being strictly confined to their albums. For those looking for the cream in terms of top quality pop though, this is an essential collection.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#71492) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 09, 2006

Review by memowakeman
3 stars A nice Greatest Hits album.

To be honest with you, today i was sweeping and cleaning my room, and putting my CD`s, tapes and Vynils in order, between my tapes (which i listen to in rare occasions) i found this legendary Greatest Hits album by the legendary band called Queen, so i put it on my stereo and enjoyed it, at the point that i decided to review it.

Being this a Greatest Hits album, i think is not neccessary to review song by song, first of all because it contains 17 songs, and because it wouldn`t help or not in your decision of buying it or not.

Queen has been a controversial band in this site, specially because we could cound with one hand fingers their prog albums, in fact their real prog songs are very few, so much people hated the decision of including them here, so much people supported it and were (are) thankful with it`s addition, the most progressive period was in the 70`s specially with albums like Queen II and A Night at the Opera, sadly we wont find some of that great songs here, but at least we will find the most reppresentative Queen`s songs in that era.

Starting with Bohemian Rhapsody which has become a worldwide hymn, and which in my opinion is the best song that Queen ever created, can makes us happy when we listen to it, im sure if you arent a fan of Queen, when this song finishes you might skip them, listen to a couple more and turn off the radio. What i mean is that this is a true Greatest Hits talking about rock pop and commercial things, Queen is a band loved all around the world, and not for it`s progressiveness, but for their several songs which has been placed in our memories.

"Another One Bites the Dust", "Bycicle Race", "Killer Queen", "Somebody to Love", "Play the Game" are my favorite songs, and actually are songs that i love and that i really enjoy when i listen to them, one thing of Queen`s songs is that the most of them are catchy songs, to sing loud and happy, the vocal harmonies is excellent, one of the best bands doing that, what more can i say, Mercury`s voice is unique and awesome, and musically nothing superb (maybe Bohemian Rhapsody) but very easy to listen.

A huge recommendation to any Queen fan, or not fans who like to remind those catchy and cool songs, but not recommendable to strict people who is looking for progressive rock, i like it so much, my grade will be 3 stars.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#84563) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 22, 2006

Review by clarke2001
3 stars This compilation, although of no significant importance for progressive rock world, is best selling album of all times in UK (according to the Official Charts Company, November 2006), beating The Beatles, Oasis, Dire Straits, ABBA, PINK FLOYD's "Dark Side Of The Moon", Michael Jackson and Madonna. It was sold in more than 5,400,000 copies.

So, what each one of these copies could possibly offer to a listener?

There are 17 greatest hits from first half of the QUEEN's career (1973-1981). However, the tracks differs from version to version, it's quite possible that American fan will notice the lack of "Keep Yourself Alive" and "Under Pressure", Japanese fan will probably wonder where "Teo Toriatte" is gone, Aussies will ask the same for the "Tie Your Mother Down" and so on. Some versions do not list "Another One Bites The Dust" or "Bohemian Rhapsody"!

In the world of the "ultimate collections", "the very bests" and "golden hits", I'm very glad that QUEEN didn't release loads and loads of compilations, actually, the number of their hit compilation is hilariously small if you compare them to any band of much smaller caliber.

There are only two consistent, official, well-known, "real" compilations in QUEEN's catalogue: "Greatest Hits" and "Greatest Hits II", the next one covering the rest of the band's career.

This compilation ( I will stick to the most common, UK release listed on this site) contains loads of good and enjoyable tunes, but not much from the progressive rock milieu. Of course, there are "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Bicycle Race", "Killer Queen", "Somebody To Love", "Good Old-fashioned Lover Boy" and "Flash", several song within or bordering progressive genre. The rest is high quality rock (and occasionally pop).

All of these were huge, successful hits, remaining on charts for days. Publisher's intention was not to make the compilation of Queen's most diverse, progressive or daring compositions, and indeed nobody can blame the publisher for that, certainly not in 1981. Emphasis is, of course, on money, therefor the most known and easy-accessible songs are here. But the major difference between QUEEN and the majority of other rock or pop bands lies in the fact that the guys from the band were able to write best-selling tunes of highest quality. For example, quite poppish "Bicycle Race" is not progressive song itself, but it contains probably the biggest number of changes in a musical (pop) piece, all packed in three minute format.

This compilation is a good starting point for a newbie. A die-hard fan will purchase this compilation because of completing the collection, and for the alternative take of "Flash" and different version of "Fat Bottomed Girls" as well. A fan of progressive rock should avoid this one, because it's not a good start from prog point of view. It's far better to get any of their unique albums.

Send comments to clarke2001 (BETA) | Report this review (#100773) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Review by Chris S
3 stars This is one of those rare compilation albums that gets away with it. Excellent choice of tracks and if you wanted an all round release of their most commercial tracks this is highly recommended and won't let you down ( with the exception of ' Flash'). From ' Bohemian Rhapsody', ' Another One Bites The Dust', ' Your'e My Best Friend' to ' We Are The Champions', this compilation has all the commercial tracks you need. Good for spinning at parties! A worthy three star compilation.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#103414) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 17, 2006

Review by progrules
3 stars Well, I'm a bit hesitant reviewing this band because I believe Queen is plain pop, quite good of course and can be placed in prog related, I'm ok with that but still, it feels as if I'm suddenly a pop reviewer and I don't really like the idea. From their highlight period, the 70's and 80's I just have some singles (Now I'm here, Bohemian Rhapsody) and the two greatest hits compilations. That sais it all in fact because I don't want any more eventhough I could be missing out on a great album. But I will leave those for the fans. I'm very ambivalent about Queen, there are at best 10 songs I really love but there are more than 10 I can't stand or dislike. Therefore I will review their best of's and only with rating for the individual songs so at least one will know where I stand with Queen.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody: 3 stars. Of course a fantastic song but too much played on the radio over the years

2. Another one bites to dust: 2,25 stars. Original song, strong lyrics but not my cup of tea musicwise

3. Killer Queen: 2,75 stars. When it was a hit I liked it. From then on it faded away from me.

4. Fat bottomed girls: 2,5 stars. Hardly know this one. Not that interesting I guess.

5. Bicycle race: 2,25 stars. See comment second song (more or less).

6. You're my best friend: 3 stars. Likable track. But no more than nice.

7. Don't stop me now: 3,5 stars. One of my favourites. Real energetic.

8. Save me: 3 stars. Emotional song, but not too special

9. Crazy little thing called love: 1 star. Always hated this one, to me their worse ever.

10. Somebody to love: 3 stars. Another (even more) emotional track. Also heard it too often alas.

11. Now I'm here: 4,5 stars. Perhaps my all time favourite by this band. It really rocks brilliantly !

12. Good old fashioned lover boy: 2,5 stars. Was this a hit ? I can't remember, so not too special.

13. Play the game: 2,75 stars. One of their typical hit songs. Lyrics dominant here.

14. Flash: 3 stars. Like the title suggests. But not in the sense of dazzling or something like that.

15. Seven seas of Rhye: 2,5 stars. Can't say too much about this one either. Hardly interesting.

16. We will rock you: 2,5 stars. A classic of course but it got boring when footballclubs started using it.

17. We are the champions: 2 stars. That also goes for this one but even more !

This summing up can only lead to one conclusion. It deserves 3 stars. Rounded up from 2.68.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#158635) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars It is quite bizarre that this compilation reached such heights in the charts. It is the "Queen" best selling album from all time: almost thirty million copies of which over five in the UK only! It is the best selling UK album. Ever!

It holds one of the greatest songs of the band (from the rock history?) : "Rhapsody" of course.

But there are too many weak numbers here that shouldn't have been featured on this "Greatest Hits" like the poor "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" which reached only Nr. 17 in the UK charts. "Play The Game" highest chart position is a meagre Nr. 6 in Norway! And "You're My Best Friends" is surely not the best they have written.

But since the option was to exclude album only tracks, there won't be those lovely songs as "Great King Rat", or "Liar" (just to name two from their first and great effort), nor "Father To Son" or "Ogre Battle" (from their second one) and the fabulous "Brighton Rock" (from "Sheer") is therefore omitted as well.

Needless to say that their sports anthems are included (and which I don't dislike, on the contrary). To recap : I like ten songs out of seventeen which leaves seven tracks out of my taste. This compilation is oriented for those who prefers the pop orientation of the band. But still, some great rocking numbers are available as well : "Seven Seas Of Rhye" and the fantastic "Now, I'm Here".

Three stars. I would suggest to the ones who would like to investigate in this great rock band to get their first five albums. You'll get the essence of their excellent work. What came afterwards is anecdotal IMO.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#160368) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 31, 2008

Review by J-Man
3 stars This is a very good compilation. If you've read any of my other reviews of collections like this, I typically don't like them at all. This is an exception. I really like this album, and find myself listening to it a lot. That really is saying something because I typically don't like Queen. It seems like this takes the good parts out of their albums, and gets rid of the filler that seems to be on almost all of their albums. For newbies, and for people who generally don't like Queen, this is almost essential. If you're a fan there is no reason to buy this, so it does have limited appeal. One good thing about this album is that it doesn't just include songs like "We Will Rock You". It also includes the incredible "Bohemian Rhapsody" and a couple other great songs. Limited appeal, but a decent compilation.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#194593) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 21, 2008

Review by baz91
4 stars Queen's 'Greatest Hits' album is one of the finest compilations I know, and I would be very lost without it. Through this album, I have managed to bond with my non-progressive friends in a semi-progressive way. There's no denying that on more than a few of these songs, Queen show some very progressive tendencies, whilst keeping the music radio-friendly. I've always found it odd how so many people enjoy the intricacies of songs like Bohemian Rhapsody and Bicycle Race and yet balk at the mention of Yes or King Crimson. While there is certainly a difference between Queen and the classic prog bands, this difference is not quite as profound as many people may believe.

In general, Queen's songs are extremely light-hearted affairs, but rock hard and are extremely memorable. Many of the songs on this compilation show the group getting the mixture of these different factors just right, with the result being songs that will last for generations. Queen's 'Greatest Hits' is a perfect introduction to the legendary Queen.

Send comments to baz91 (BETA) | Report this review (#465564) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 20, 2011

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Oh, Greatest Hits part 1, the one that got me into Queen when I was 13. And as such, I have good memories on it. This + quality of songs here is why I'm giving

4(-) stars. After all, it's just compilation, but hell good one. Basically, you have all the good ones, the most famous songs here, starting with proggy Bohemian Rhapsody and ending with rocking tune. There's nothing bad about it, after all, we Prog lovers weren't the target audience for this one. It's consisted mostly of "middle era" - where they were leaving Prog, but not yet falling into terrible 80s, so that's why it's so good.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#465574) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 20, 2011

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars Killer Queen tracks on one package!

This album is found in countless households and is really a good introduction to the band in all their glory. It is all of their singles and songs that every Queen fan must have heard at some point. Some of these songs have been played to death on the radio and on MTV so are rather tough to take these days but there is no denying the power of the music and Mercury's incredible vocal register.

It begins with bonafide classic monster 'Bohemian Rhapsody' that is an indispensable rock icon. 'Another One Bites The Dust' is certainly one of the masterpieces with amazing drum power and classy vocals. 'Killer Queen' takes us to the prog early years, but I am no fan of silly ''Fat Bottomed Girls'... the song that is. 'Bicycle Race' is a wonderful song and I have a soft spot for 'You're My Best Friend' with dynamic organ and harmonies.

Other highlights are definitely 'Play The Game', the fun rollicking 'Flash', prog excess in 'Seven Seas Of Rhye', quintessential 'We Will Rock You' and barnstormer 'We Are The Champions'.

Really, there is no excuse, this is as good as it gets for a collection of Queen and one for the newbie and indeed the Queen addict who wants all the masterpieces packed on one CD.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#677779) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 23, 2012

3 stars Not a bad introduction to Queen (it was mine). There's only a few bad songs on it, but it serves well to show Queen after they had only just gone commercial and were not yet terrible. Highlights are 'Seven Seas...', 'Bo Rhap' and 'Killer Queen'. If you like catchy, innoffensive, humourous anthem ... (read more)

Report this review (#165075) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Each of this songs are actually GREAT HITS that Queen had during their first years. I find not that surprising that This album has been announced to be the greatest selling album in the UK of all times.. why? because each of this songs are hyper famous. Now, talking in a more "objective" point ... (read more)

Report this review (#101007) | Posted by AcostaFulano | Wednesday, November 29, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars INHO Queen is just a very pompus rock band with a little prog elements here and there. This is thier first Greatest Hits compilation, of at least three if I'm not wrong. It starts of with their most well known song, Bohemian Rhapsody, whicch may be quite proggy. Another one bites the Dust is ... (read more)

Report this review (#47666) | Posted by Frasse | Wednesday, September 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Fabulous compilation album, it came in different guises over the years, some releases had a slightly different trak list (I know of one release where Under Pressure was added as 18th song, and there even is a version (Hollywood records I believe) that left out Bohemian Rhapsody in favour of th ... (read more)

Report this review (#47661) | Posted by tuxon | Wednesday, September 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "Greatest Hits"