AERO

2. Oxygene 2 (7:41)
3. Aero (3:09)
4. Equinoxe 8 (1:24)
5. Oxygene 4 (5:05)
6. Souvenir Of China (4:46)
7. Aerology (3:40)
8. Equinoxe 3 (6:33)
9. Equinoxe 4 (6:46)
10. Last Rendez-Vous (5:08)
11. Zoolookology (3:54)
12. Aerozone (4:56)
13. Magnetic Fields 1 (5:59)
14. Chronology 6 (6:10)
15. Rendez-Vous 4 (Bonus Track) (7:34)

Disc 2 (DVD):
23. Magnetic Fields 1

Search JEAN-MICHEL JARRE Aero lyrics

Search JEAN-MICHEL JARRE Aero tabs

- Jean Michel Jarre / keyboards and synthesizers

CD/DVD Warner Bros 2564618512 (2004)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to ZowieZiggy for the last updates

JEAN-MICHEL JARRE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JEAN-MICHEL JARRE Aero Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Paris LiveParis Live
Import [Generic] 1999
Rendez-VousRendez-Vous
Sony International 2004

More places to buy JEAN-MICHEL JARRE music online Buy JEAN-MICHEL JARRE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JEAN-MICHEL JARRE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JEAN-MICHEL JARRE Aero ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(35%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(15%)

JEAN-MICHEL JARRE Aero reviews

Review by richardh
3 stars A good compilation that sits very nicely on my I-pod. JMJ takes some of his best recordings enhances them throwing in a few a newer peices and links it altogether seamlessly. The bonus DVD is expanded with a few more newer compositions and a nice pair of female eyes staring back at you from a white background occasionally blinking.Overall this is a good way to do a compilation and at the right price is worth having.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#116048) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 22, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Anthology of electronic revisited originals

Instead of releasing (another?) traditional anthology or best of compilation, Jean Michel Jarre decided to create Aero - which apparently stands for 'anthology of electronic revisited originals' - in 2004. As the title implies this album contains re-recorded versions of previously released material from throughout Jarre's career, but there are also some new pieces of music the best of which is the Aero title track. An attempt is made to integrate the old and new pieces into a more or less continues piece of music with a mostly good result. After a brief opening scene, we move into the first of two pieces taken from Jarre's famous 1976 breakthrough album Oxygene. Oxygene 2 is a fantastic piece of electronic music and this version is great. Also the well-known Oxygene 4 is really nice. Jarre is very careful not to destroy these classic numbers and he wisely sticks fairly close to the original versions here. The purists will probably always prefer the original versions, but I actually enjoy these versions just as much as I enjoy the originals, if not more! Besides, the rest of the original Oxygene album was just transportation to my ears and Aero is a much more consistent album overall and thus a better place to hear these pieces.

Equinox is represented with three tracks, but the inclusion of Equinox 8 was rather unnecessary as it is nothing more than a brief interlude that distracts more than it does provide a nice transition. I cannot tell you how these pieces compare to the original versions as I have never heard the original Equinox album, but I do enjoy this version of Equinox 4 which is very much in the tradition of Oxygene 4. Last Rendez-Vous, on the other hand, is a slightly dull jazzy piece.

With a running time of well over an hour, I feel that this album is slightly too long for its own good. Some of the interludes seem unnecessary to me and sometimes they even disrupt the flow of the album rather than tying the pieces together as was presumably the main intention. However, this is still a very nice collection of electronic pieces and from my point of view this is all the Jean Michel Jarre you ever need and more! As I pointed out, I have not heard all of the albums on which these pieces were originally released so I cannot say if this really is the best of Jean Michel Jarre, but it probably works well as an introduction to the artist. Out of the albums I have heard from Jarre, this one is certainly my favourite. Needless to say this is by no means Prog Rock, but it will probably appeal to many fans of progressive music.

The album also comes with a DVD with surround sound mixes of all the tracks and apparently some sparse visual contents as well. I have, however, only heard this album through Spotify so I cannot comment of the DVD.

Recommended, but hardly essential for all Prog fans

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#296455) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 28, 2010

2 stars Sterile, white, germ free and clinical. No... not St Mary's hospital in London, but a description of this 'Best of - Re-worked' album by Jean Michel Jarre. On the plus side Jarre appears to have used his trusty old indestructible analogue synths from the 70's, only this time the sound is give ... (read more)

Report this review (#808733) | Posted by Dobermensch | Wednesday, August 22, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This is certainly NOT the wildy anticipated new album/compilation I came to expect after reading lots of rumours and gossips on Jarre forums backthen, before it came out. This is nothing more than a result of JMJ's relentless and endless endeavour to get "the sound" right, as he has told us ... (read more)

Report this review (#61214) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is a great album, I don't have this album myself, my best mate let me listen to this CD as he has a copy of it, but never had the opportunity to see the DVD with it nevermind, I shall talk about the CD, if you love Electronic Prog then this CD may be a good starter if you want to get into ... (read more)

Report this review (#56519) | Posted by PROGMAN | Wednesday, November 16, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JEAN-MICHEL JARRE "Aero"