Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Dutch Woodstock' CD/DVD Feat. Pink Floyd, Santana
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed'Dutch Woodstock' CD/DVD Feat. Pink Floyd, Santana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Dutch Woodstock' CD/DVD Feat. Pink Floyd, Santana
    Posted: May 14 2013 at 15:24
For Immediate Release

Legendary 'Dutch Woodstock' Featuring Pink Floyd, Santana, T-Rex, The Byrds, Soft Machine, Jefferson Airplane and Others Now Available on Double CD/DVD Set

Featuring performances by Pink Floyd, Santana, T.Rex, The Byrds, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, Soft Machine, It's A Beautiful Day, Family, Country Joe, Dr. John & the Night Trippers, Flock and Al Stewart

London, UK - One of the most historic concert events of the early '70s, the Dutch Woodstock, also called the 'Holland Pop Festival', has now been released on a double CD/DVD set by UK's Gonzo MultiMedia. Featuring rare and exciting performances by Pink Floyd, Santana, T.Rex, The Byrds, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, Soft Machine, It's A Beautiful Day, Family, Country Joe, Dr. John & The Night Trippers, Flock and Al Stewart, makes this extraordinary release a must for fans of music everywhere! The three-day festival was held in August 1970 at the Kralingse Bos (Kralingse Forest) in Rotterdam, and despite the rain, an estimated 100,000 people attended the astounding event!

Featuring...

Pink Floyd - Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun, A Saucerful Of Secrets 
Santana – Gumbo, Savor, Jingo 
The Byrds - Old Blue 
Canned Heat - Human Condition, So Sad 
T-Rex - Pavillions Of Sun 
Jefferson Airplane - Saturday Afternoon, White Rabbit, Ballad Of You & Me & Pooneil plus interviews with Paul Kanter & Grace Slick 
Soft Machine - Esther's Nose Job
It’s A Beautiful Day - Wasted Union Blues, Open Up Your Hearts 
Family - Drowned In Wine 
Country Joe - Freedom Is A Constant 
Dr. John & The Night Trippers - Mardi Gras Day 
Flock - Big Bird 
Al Stewart - Zero She Flies 

The Dutch Woodstock double CD/DVD set will be released by GONZO MultiMedia UK on March 22, 2013

To Purchase The Dutch Woodstock double CD/DVD set: http://www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk/product_details/15545

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 15:33
Insert drool right here.....Wow I need to get this. I really do. I have the Woodstock flick, Monterey, Isle of Wight, Festival Express - hell I even have Altamont, so this is right up my alley.
Now I just need money
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 08:51
Hi,
(btw ... Description: Unable to locate the server named "www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk" --- the server does not have a DNS entry)

This has been around a long time ... was originally called "Stamping Ground" way back when and now has a new name.

Best thing in it, that I remember (long time ago!) was an absolutely fantastic piece by Santana. The Pink Floyd piece has been heard in many bootlegs and the visuals ... I have a feeling they were added on later and had nothing to do with the performance, but I am not sure about that at all! The "Family" piece got me to go by their album "Anyway", the first of many of their albums that I got, and a special band all around, up to and including the followup "Streetwalkers".

I have to look at the amount of time in the DVD ... the film, as I remember it, had the performances cut up badly and I do not think it was over 90 minutes and not all that music listed was there that I remember ... but it's been over 20 years since I have seen this!

Edited by moshkito - May 21 2013 at 09:27
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 09:02
Ah, the festival in Kralingen, Rotterdam.
I lived quite close near by, on biking distance, but I was only 5 years old when it was there, and I wasn't interested at that moment in time.
It must have been a classic festival, though! One of my older brothers went there.
I was wondering if it was ever put on video.
So here's the a cd/dvd-set, great!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 14:46
Hi,
From the Internet Movie Database:

This film documents the - to the Dutch at least - legendary Holland Pop Festival, held in Rotterdam over the weekend of 26-28 June, 1970. Directly inspired by the then groundbreaking Woodstock Music & Arts Fair (speaking of legends...), the Holland Pop Festival (aka Kralingen, after the neighborhood in whose forest it set camp in) offered the same picture of peace, music and love, with a cast of 60,000 hippies enjoying a hazy and heady weekend of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. That last-named ingredient was provided in spades by a.o. The Byrds, Dr. John The Nighttripper, Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd and Santana, augmented by hip Dutch bands like C.C.C. Inc., Dream and Ekseption. And of course there raged a thunderstorm. Written by&view=simple&sort=alpha&ref_=tt_stry_pl">Swie Tio <[email protected]>

Genres:

Language:

English

Release Date:

14 October 1971 (West Germany)

Also Known As:

Stamping Ground (originally)    

Runtime:

Sound Mix:

Mono

Color:

Color

Did You Know?

Trivia

Grace Slick was in the second month of her pregnancy when she appeared with Jefferson Airplane at the festival. Her daughter China Kantner would be born seven months later in January 1971.  

Edited by moshkito - May 25 2013 at 14:48
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply