Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuarteto 1111

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2008 at 15:34
By the way, the CD edition of CPV is out and is EXCELLENT. Not perfect, though, but that's due to the flaws of the original.

Edited by Kotro - July 11 2008 at 15:34
Bigger on the inside.
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2008 at 17:19

Hello Kotro.

Just received that re-edition, I am very glad with it because my copy CD is a version that was put from LP to CD by a Portuguese proghead who send it to me, obrigado because thanks to him I discovered the best Portuguese progrock band: Cuarteto IIII, if you like Mellotron this album is a must Clap!

Philip View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 10:39

Really excellent mellotron album.

I didn't bought the CD, as I have it in LP, in one of the 600 copies that are said to have been sold at the time of its release, and the LP is relatively well conserved. But this is very important, as this pearl of portuguese prog rock deserved a reedition that was well made, as I've listened in the CD of a friend.

"if you like Mellotron this album is a must Clap!", this is really the main argument, not also for this album, but I think in all Cid's Prog rock career, as the mellotron is again the main factor in "10000 Anos..."

Feed your mellotron apetite with this album.
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 10:46
My best friend is half-Portuguese and his wife Amelia Portuguese, when we talked about Cuarteto IIII Amelia said that her brother owned Cuarteto IIII LP's, she remembered that she liked the emotion in the music. Next year we will visit the village in Portugal her family is still living, I hope I can scrutinize her brother his room in order to find Cuarteto IIII LP's!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12