Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - P.A.W.N. - The Gift of Awareness (female fronted)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedP.A.W.N. - The Gift of Awareness (female fronted)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: P.A.W.N. - The Gift of Awareness (female fronted)
    Posted: October 16 2014 at 14:05
Hi Progarchives!

Thanks to some great guys on this forum (they know who I am talking about Clap) we realized one of our dreams – our own side on Progarchives, in the Heavy Prog section. We are so grateful for that. When I look at the current top of this website and I see our bandname right next to Dream Theater, I still don’t believe this (I think I’ve already made over 10 screenshots). LOL

The first reactions on our album “The Gift of Awareness” are really positive and we are very proud about that. We would have been so happy, if we had airplay on just one radio station. Until now I already count 7 radio stations who played the stuff.

However of course I would invite you to rate or even to review or album. Of course I will be happy to provide you with a bandcamp promo code for downloading the album, in case you review it. Just send me a mail to [email protected] or contact me via PM.
Bandcamp for streaming

Hope you guys enjoy the music. Embarrassed

Here are some first impressions…

www.facebook.com/pawnprog

www.youtube.com/pawnprog

You might like to check out this song first, it contains all of our musical elements…

This is our cover:

A very special thanks goes to a user called Yam Yam without whom this all would not have been possible.

Edited by Pawnprog - October 16 2014 at 14:14
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 16:06
LOL! Embarrassed All I did was give you a few pointers...You did all the donkey work yourselves!! LOL

...And you deserve every success with this fine album too. Thumbs Up
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 23:19
God I am impressed! Not by the title above female fronted bands, uhm I like almost none! But dang this band is so much more, the instrumentals excite me, God this band is good! Perfect example is when at 1.07min when on the track above the drums kick in the sound doesn't drop! I am not a fan of female fronted bands (as per forum topic above):
P.A.W.N. - The Gift of Awareness (female fronted) I snubbed this, bad for me as I have had enough of those high dramatic vocals but this is the first female to date that has that Kate Bush vocals and so much more not knowing the gender just perfect sounding, excellent genesis feel while not knowing if it's female or male vocals. This band the instrumentals are beyond I expected, God they are so good, from soft early Genesis turning into Dream Theater prelipupupu's into their explosiveness!!!
Awww Yam-Yam I hope other collabs take notice of them too because this is brilliant! Just noticed their album is in the same album year as the album I am connected to but no they deserve just as much I love them!
Pawnprog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2014 at 08:42
Hi Kati, that's incredible kind of you - Embarrassed what a great compliment!

The two bands you mention are two of our main influences - so I feel really honored that you recognized them in our music.

And indeed we would be really happy, if other reviewers on progarchives would take notice, too. Embarrassed Clap
As I said above - I would be happy to provide free bandcamp download codes... Smile
odinalcatraz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 15:11
Blimey
I hope some more reviews arrive for P.A.W.N
I am  the worst reviewer I know and added my twopence worth of words. After hearing them for the first time on some Scottish radio I seem to remember.
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9052
This is a hell of an album!
http://www.corvusstone.com
Pawnprog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2014 at 06:34
Thanks to you odinalcatraz - and thanks for your great review! And also thanks for your request for some more reviews Embarrassed I would like to second this request. Clap
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 20:38
Reviewed the album. Very good music. Thanks for opportunity to review.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 21:11
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

Reviewed the album. Very good music. Thanks for opportunity to review.
Whoooheeeeeeeehiiiiiiiiiiihaa.... aaaah yay Scotty! Bounce, bounce, happy bounce... yuppie ya yay! I am so looking forward to read your review! Always am actually hahaha LOL
Big hug Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply