Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedfinally!! Supertramp news!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: finally!! Supertramp news!!!
    Posted: October 17 2014 at 07:21
YES, and it is something i CANNOT wait for, even for some of you. Here's the link!!!!!

(*screams like a girl in his head*) i hope i can try and find it, and it is definitely going on my Xmas list.
Progrockdude
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 08:55
f**k!

I've already got ELP - Trilogy , Sky 1 & 2 and Yes - Relayer remasters on order and now this?! I suppose I will just have to forego beer for a while or somethingCry
Myself View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 12:06

Love it! Love it, Love it! ClapClapClap

One of my treasures in a new release! Wonderful!. As a huge fan of Supertramp this is a must! How fortunate we are to can enjoy these old gems live today, because, Roger Hodgson, the composer of all those great songs himself is on tour all around the world, playing all that anthems that have been with us throughout our own life. If you have  a chance don't miss him. check his website for more info and details, http://www.rogerhodgson.com

Edited by Myself - October 18 2014 at 12:07
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 13:15
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap YES!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!
I LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Eleanor View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 14:07
Great news on the Crime release!  Even though Supertramp has not toured in years and had only one original member in the most recent lineup (Rick), Roger Hodgson, the voice and co-founder of Supertramp, is touring the world and WHAT A SHOW!   For anyone who was or is a fan of Supertramp, you've got to see Roger in concert.   His voice is incredible and he sounds even better today than on my vinyls.    I saw Roger in concert in May and WOW is all I can say.   I was so thrilled that he performed all of his songs he wrote from the Crime of the Century album - Dreamer, School, Hide in Your Shell, and If Everyone Was Listening.   He also performed some of his other classics such as The Logical Song, Breakfast in America, Take the Long Way Home, Give a Little Bit, Fool's Overture, School, and so many more.   A bit of trivia - many people are not aware that although Roger and Rick shared writing credit, they actually wrote and composed separately with each singing their own songs.   This explains why I have always found myself skipping to Roger's songs.   Don't pass up the chance of seeing this phenomenal artist live - his band sounds lightyears better than Supertramp in their heyday.   Check out this video from Roger's channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLNeSbtVN0.   I'll be seeing him again in Detroit next month and can't wait!
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 15:40
This is fantastic. I absolutely adore Supertramp and Crime of the Century. 
Can't wait for the release! Clap
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2014 at 09:02
My joy was deflated when I read that the additional live cd included is something I already own: "Is Everyone Listening". What a bummer! Although, I do appreciate a remastered version.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2014 at 09:45
Originally posted by Eleanor Eleanor wrote:

A bit of trivia - many people are not aware that although Roger and Rick shared writing credit, they actually wrote and composed separately with each singing their own songs.   This explains why I have always found myself skipping to Roger's songs.  

And why I always find myself skipping to Rick's songs.  Smile
No not really...I certainly can appreciate Roger.  But I'm definitely a Davies guy, his voice and musical style are what made Supertramp the great band it was, for me. 

The only thing I know for sure is that the band was better with both of them together than the separate vehicles.  Just like with the Floyd.  Those two potent personalities with different musical colors are what made each band optimum.   

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 04:08
indeed!
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 04:04
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

A bit of trivia - many people are not aware that although Roger and Rick shared writing credit, they actually wrote and composed separately with each singing their own songs.   This explains why I have always found myself skipping to Roger's songs.  

No not really...I certainly can appreciate Roger.  But I'm definitely a Davies guy, his voice and musical style are what made Supertramp the great band it was, for me. 

The only thing I know for sure is that the band was better with both of them together than the separate vehicles.  Just like with the Floyd.  Those two potent personalities with different musical colors are what made each band optimum.   

Very well said, except Davies first and foremostWink I still listen to Child Of Vision full ball and marvel at how both Hodgson and Davies synchronized so well together....unbelievable!
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 05:41
Originally posted by Chris S Chris S wrote:

Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Very well said, except Davies first and foremostWink I still listen to Child Of Vision full ball and marvel at how both Hodgson and Davies synchronized so well together....unbelievable!

so do i just because it's great in and of itself, especially the second half. i consider it their "pop" version of the song "Crime of the Century."

Edited by Michael678 - October 23 2014 at 05:42
Progrockdude
 Post Reply Post Reply