Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: November 02 2014 at 06:48
Hello, another prog listener here.

I used to listen only extreme metal, when I was younger. Opeth was one of my fav bands. When Ghost Reveries came, I listened it at the middle of the night, thru my headphones. It was an amazing journey of music. All those vintage keyboards, and wide amount of influences outside the metal scene. It really opened my mind to progressive rock, and slowly within the years I grew completily out of metal music.

I've listened progressive rock for 6 years and also developed liking for bluesrock, post-punk, post-rock, krautrock, jazz fusion, acoustic jazz (hard bop, modal, post-bop) and electric blues. I love discovering new music and finding new genres to listen.

Some of my favorite classic progressive rock bands/artists include Pink Floyd, Yes, Steve Hillage, Khan, King Crimson, Hatfield And The North, National Health, Frank Zappa. And the modern ones: Riverside and Porcupine tree.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 06:50
welcome  to the site!  Great place  to discover great music as well as meet interesting and good people.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 01:35
Welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply