Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ProgDay locals: Carl Palmer’s ELP Legacy in Durham
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProgDay locals: Carl Palmer’s ELP Legacy in Durham

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProgDay locals: Carl Palmer’s ELP Legacy in Durham
    Posted: November 03 2014 at 14:29
For ProgDay locals: Carl Palmer’s ELP Legacy in Durham, NC

In speaking with prog fans who are local to ProgDay, it’s come to my attention that many are unaware that Carl Palmer’s ELP Legacy will be performing this Thursday night, November 6, at 8pm at Motorco in Durham.  

I know that many local ProgDay attendees are fans of ELP, so I’m posting this as a last-minute notice for those who don’t know about the show, but might be interested.  Obviously, the better these kinds of shows are supported, the better chance there is of similar prog shows being booked in the future.

Tickets are $25 for members and $28 for non-members.  Here’s a link to the Motorco page for the show:

http://motorcomusic.com/event/cats-cradle-presents-carl-palmers-elp-legacy/

Cheers.

Michael

www.progday.net
www.michaelbennett.com

Edited by miciah - November 03 2014 at 14:31
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 15:13
definitely WELL worth the time and money to see. We saw C.P/ELP Legacy play last year I think it was? Amazing stuff.  He was amazing then... even more amazing now as he is not exactly a spring chicken anymore.  Not that he looks a day over 50.  Must be nice haha
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 15:14
oh yeah. Michael. We want Moraine at Progday next year!! haha

You got to make it happen man.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 16:55
Yeah I saw him in Poole and the band played all of Pictures At An Exhibition as close to the original album (by ELP) as he could get it. Deserves credit for that alone.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 17:03
amen to that.  He had more energy than many 20 year olds I work with. Amazing to watch.  I wish I could have met him after the show but it probably worked out best for me that we didn't stick around.  I think I would have only just drooled onto his shoes and made babbling noises about how much I admire him and want to have his children. 
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2014 at 01:55
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

amen to that.  He had more energy than many 20 year olds I work with. Amazing to watch.  I wish I could have met him after the show but it probably worked out best for me that we didn't stick around.  I think I would have only just drooled onto his shoes and made babbling noises about how much I admire him and want to have his children. 

LOL
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2014 at 10:12
I met him twice in the 80's. On the first Asia tour in London, Ontario I sat and chatted with him for about 20 minutes during a sound check and then at a drum clinic in Toronto several years later. One of the most down to earth musicians I've ever met.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
 Post Reply Post Reply