Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedZeuhl!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeuhl!
    Posted: November 03 2014 at 21:12
Hi everyone,

So, some friends and I have been considering putting a recording band together, bunch of early middle age parents, whoohoo!  So, the personnel available are circumscribed to a degree: drums, bass (me), guitar, trombone, keys, and nicely, at least one extremely high quality vocalist (female, soprano).

As I pondered this, it struck me that this line-up would be perfect for zeuhl, given the potential for well-executed high pitched female singing/chanting/general wierdness, and the random single horn.  Plus we had already begun to consider vocals in chinese, translated from english and phonetically transcribed by a pretty amateur mandarin speaker (kobian eat your heart out).

Thinking that the first step is getting some well-written zeuhl under our fingers, I've looked for sheet music for Magma, figuring that was the most likely, but found very little.  Fragments here and there.  Anyone have Magma sheet music?  Or any other zeuhl?  Anyone out there playing/writing in the genre?  Any tips?

Thanks, and now back to the ridiculous task i'm trying to lay before myself....
 Post Reply Post Reply