Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProgarchives bullies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:12

Ok. I agree. I'll drop it. We should all just act like one big family(one big prog family). Oh wait, families do fight and argue sometimes so I guess the family comparison is appropriate.  Smile

Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:15
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

When you start two negative threads at the same time you're bound to get negative feedback. Putting the word 'cheesy' in any thread title invites people's vile. You don't jump in a swimmingpool if you're afraid to get wet. Same here: if you don't want people posting negative things in your threads, then don't invite them to begin with

I said it before but I'll say it again. It was not my intention to be deliberately negative. It is others who interpreted the word "cheesy" as negative not me. I just wanted to see if that description was accurate and as it turns out it was as far as how some fans feel about the music. I don't understand what is so wrong with a little cheese now and then. People say some albums I really like are cheesy and that's fine. It's up to how others how they want to interpret it. However, if it's not one thing it's another with certain people on here. I'm convinced of that. Most people had no problem with my polls. A few did and most of them expressed their opinion in a polite and civilized way.

If I said I wanted to see if people considered certain albums to be sleepy is that a bad thing too? Some people would interpret that as them being boring. Maybe I'm just looking for opinions about what albums are good to fall asleep to. See, it's all about how you chose to interpret things. Smile 

I do apologize to those who were offended by my polls and thought they were negative. As they say you can't please everyone. I will just suggest to you guys not to take the polls so seriously. There was no personal attacks in the polls themselves and not even on anyone's tastes but still some of you guys were clearly offended by it even though it was not my intention to offend anyone.

By the way, does anyone know of any good prog lawyers? I think I need one now. Wink

Edited by Prog_Traveller - November 06 2014 at 02:34
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:31
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I'm a bit of a tough guy but I also am highly compassionate, especially around internet bullying.   I don't take to bullies very well and like to consider myself a bully-basher, but of course that occasionally makes me the very thing I'm against.   However, once in a while fire must be fought with fire, and so, PT, in addition to the brilliant advice given by Dayvenkirq, I would say if you get harassed again in the future, let me know and I'll "explain things to them".  

Capishe
?
He is referring to me David. I hadn't made the connection until I saw this thread that Mr Prog_Traveller is the same person I had an unfortunate run-in with back in July over some silly misunderstanding (on his part). Today I had the temerity to voice my disapproval of two polls with the word "cheesy" in their leading poll question. Apparently this constitutes "bullying" and "harassing", and that makes me a "troll".

Damn--  I was so looking forward to kicking some troll's ass all over the forums.   Where are they when you need 'em.   Good times.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:40
Earlier tonight I saw these two guys staring at each other. For a little while it looked like a staring contest and I briefly thought they were going to go at it and start throwing punches. However, it turns out they knew each other and right before it got intense they hugged each other.

Anyway,  I don't know what to say except now you know who I have been having problems with. Should I just not post on here anymore since obviously certain people can get away with being a troll? I really am not interested in participating in the wild west of prog forums so maybe that's the best thing for me to do.

Edited by Prog_Traveller - November 06 2014 at 02:42
Darious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:45
Originally posted by Prog_Traveller Prog_Traveller wrote:

Ok. I agree. I'll drop it. We should all just act like one big family(one big prog family). Oh wait, families do fight and argue sometimes so I guess the family comparison is appropriate.  Smile
Good lad! Now let's go back to our discussions about prog. Actually, I don't quite like the "prog" term. Somehow it reminds me about "proctology" for some silly reason. "Art rock" - this sounds and looks far more appropriate! But, I guess, the majority already made their decision..

Edited by Darious - November 06 2014 at 02:45
Writing about truth is a little bit like getting your dick out in public and hoping no one laughs (Steve Hogarth)
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:46

Earlier tonight I saw these two guys staring at each other. For a little while it looked like a staring contest and I briefly thought they were going to go at it and start throwing punches. However, it turns out they knew each other and right before it got intense they hugged each other.

Anyway,  I don't know what to say except now you know who I have been having problems with. Should I just not post on here anymore since obviously certain people can get away with being a troll? I really am not interested in participating in the wild west of prog forums so maybe that's the best thing for me to do.
Prog_Traveller, I love your spunkiness and direct approach lol but believe me no one here especially the above are bullies, when you get to know them you'll love them. It's easy to misperceive or misunderstand things, Dean is very direct and at times might seem harsh but he is one of the most sweetest people on here, I like him a lot. You two should leave it and rather focus your energy on funny and very silly things :) xxxxx   
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:47

Well that's a bit of a loaded question, but I will say that this is the wild west of prog forums, it's the big leagues and that's why I like it.   Serious music lovers of the most arrogant variety.   And you are a part of that too.   Embrace it.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:49
GROUP HUG Hug
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 03:04

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

When you start two negative threads at the same time you're bound to get negative feedback. Putting the word 'cheesy' in any thread title invites people's vile. You don't jump in a swimmingpool if you're afraid to get wet. Same here: if you don't want people posting negative things in your threads, then don't invite them to begin with

I said it before but I'll say it again. It was not my intention to be deliberately negative. It is others who interpreted the word "cheesy" as negative not me. I just wanted to see if that description was accurate and as it turns out it was as far as how some fans feel about the music. I don't understand what is so wrong with a little cheese now and then. People say some albums I really like are cheesy and that's fine. It's up to how others how they want to interpret it. However, if it's not one thing it's another with certain people on here. I'm convinced of that. Most people had no problem with my polls. A few did and most of them expressed their opinion in a polite and civilized way.

If I said I wanted to see if people considered certain albums to be sleepy is that a bad thing too? Some people would interpret that as them being boring. Maybe I'm just looking for opinions about what albums are good to fall asleep to. See, it's all about how you chose to interpret things. Smile 

I do apologize to those who were offended by my polls and thought they were negative. As they say you can't please everyone. I will just suggest to you guys not to take the polls so seriously. There was no personal attacks in the polls themselves and not even on anyone's tastes but still some of you guys were clearly offended by it even though it was not my intention to offend anyone.

By the way, does anyone know of any good prog lawyers? I think I need one now. Wink

Sorry but that's bollocks. You've been around this place for long enough to know what 'cheesy' means, or else you wouldn't have posted threads relating to both Metal and Neo. You used that deliberately as a way to seek out a reaction in people. Well you got it. Now you're just making a backwards explanation in order to have us all look at Dean like the bully he really is... Nahh He saw through you like he's done before, and you can't handle that. There I said it. If you can't handle that, then yes you should probably look around for other prog sites. 
Also you've started another thread exactly like this before, where you too tried to hang Dean out to dry. It didn't take, so now when you're engaged with him once again on the backbone of something you yourself started, you come crying with your troubles. 

Either take it to PM with him, me or any other admin. This is not worth the space of data. 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123