Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreetings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2014 at 16:37
Originally posted by Windhawk Windhawk wrote:

Originally posted by Goodsir Goodsir wrote:

How often does everyone here venture outside of prog? And I will definitely check out Moonjune. Sounds like hella interesting stuff.

I have a taste that range from Modest Mussorgsky (classical) on one extreme to Triptykon (metal) on the other, and don't mind listening to more mainstream oriented material at times either. Norwegian dream pop band Bel Canto for instance, old blues rocker Robin Trower, the ever so great Steppenwolf can also be mentioned. Nazareth and The Sensational Alex Harvey Band are other favorites of mine, and I've always had a soft spot for Gary Numan. Vangelis and Kitaro are also artists I enjoy, and Isao Tomita merits a mention as well. To some extent also Jan Garbarek. If any of these names rings a non-prog bell somewhere.
I'm already familiar with most of those. Great taste in music! Clap
"Every wave is tidal, if you stick around" - Elliott Smith
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2014 at 18:10
Welcome, Goodsir!  I hope you stick around so you can share what you've been listening to and enjoying, and pick some stuff up yourself, based on recommendations that seem to come from every direction around here.  Really, if you just hang out here long enough, it's practically impossible not to come across some great new stuff you wouldn't have found otherwise.

Me, I'm especially into the avant garde and noise realms, but also have a soft spot for classic rock and pop (I'm old enough to have been there) and some modern "indie" stuff - in fact, my avatar Ariel Pink is my favorite music guy of all.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2014 at 22:35
Another label that have a nice roster of unconventional artists that might be of interest is Silber Records. Linking to their catalog page with samples and stuff to investigate. I believe most of this stuff is on Spotify for an easy option to check out further.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12