Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jim Matheos (OSI,FATES WARNING) for prog-related?!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJim Matheos (OSI,FATES WARNING) for prog-related?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jim Matheos (OSI,FATES WARNING) for prog-related?!
    Posted: November 13 2014 at 13:40
the pioneer progressive metal guitarist,Jim Matheos,has 3 solo albums,which the first one,1993 - First Impressions,is in the phase of atmospheric,acoustic,folk,the 2nd,1999 - Away With Words,somehow in the same way,but less atmospheric,and the last,2014 - Halo Effect,which personally I was expecting it much,as a harsh fan of OSI,it really gave me what I wanted,a great experimental,progressive electronic,post rock record which my ears are getting addicted to it,I suppose there's no need for biography or sth like that,but I put tracks of the new record,wish you enjoy:

and the old records:

aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 18:04
My view is that his first album is nice acoustic work, his latest is plain ambience (pointless for my tastes).

Away with Words is actually an interesting one since there is a lot of acoustic-FW type music there, blended with some Kansas and/or folk stuff. This would be the only album (IMO) on which to base a suggestion for prog-related.

Views from other Special Collabs would be appreciated (note that only SCs/Admins can sponsor an artist for prog-related).
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2014 at 15:37
with the exception of the second album,I think the first and the last record could dig a place here in progarchives
 Post Reply Post Reply