Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSinultimata - Progressive Electronic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sinultimata - Progressive Electronic?
    Posted: November 24 2014 at 23:53
Found this band through a charity site, not too sure what genre they fit in although the closest I'd be guessing would be Classical Progressive Electronic (huh?) but in saying that, they seem to stretch the envelope by diving in to concept as well.

Band info follows:

Latest Release Cover:

Bio:
Sinultimata has built a rather diverse fan base from lovers of classical music right through to Progressive Electronic/Kraut/Psychedelic/Tripper rock fans.
Carl Bratcher, born in Ely, Cardiff in Wales in 1958. All keyboards, occasional guitar and bass - the founder member and originator of the band's name. A fiction writer, artist, collector of vintage synths and a vintage motorcycle nut. Formed his first band in 1974 as a bassist vocalist, then joined Ally in 1976 as vocalist, then drifted from band to session and back to bands.

Alex Tynes, born in Gijon Spain to a Welsh mother and American father in 1962, guitars, bass, keyboards, has been playing guitar since the age of ten, designer of custom guitars, also an artist but a lover of Corvettes. Sinultimata is the first band Alex has ever joined as a full member, preferring to do session work which is where Bratcher picked him up from.

Terry O'Brien, born in Auckland in 1960 is the newest 'semi' member, filling in with acoustic percussion.

Discography:
http://www.sinultimata.com/discography/

Audio Samples:
http://www.sinultimata.com/audio-previews/

CD's available from CDBaby and Amazon - the press can apparently request copies of their CD's for whatever it is the press does from here http://www.asturconmusic.com/press/

Cheers

G C
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2015 at 00:40
Under eval: http://progfreak.com/Sinultimata-161210.html?path=pa/recent, but no firm votes either way as yet. Smile
GChen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2015 at 01:49
Just found this, ambient, spacey, kraut Smile

VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2015 at 07:02
omg this art cover lmao
GChen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2015 at 17:29
I thought this site was about music, not covers?
Maybe a case of those that can do, those that can't make lame comments?

*shrug*
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2015 at 18:30
didn't got your comment, sorry. but sounds you're offended. don't worry, i was saying the cover is funny, 10/10, my kind of humor -oops im an avant-garde artist ;) seems like residents kind of computer design. well a little better than residents art, what's a bad point, since i prefer ridiculous CG graphics. and yes, cover is art, it's part of the art of a music album and very influential to atmospheres and creative perception, or your cds would be left without any case. would yes be the same without roger dean's artwork? 

let's cut the crap. i've heard the audio previews. can't say anything, 1 minute of a song will not decide the prog level of the band.
but the videos on youtube are progressive for sure. mostly standard symphonic oriented and classical based electronic suites.  
this track has some interesting moments. worthy for evaluation. and damn, the cover art is even better. 

GChen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 19:46
Not offended, more confused was all. I see a lot of CD's (never buy them, horrid things) and agree with you to a certain extent. If it was a 12" cover I too would have probably thought it a little weak and therein lies the problem, CD covers lose all sense of feel or art if you will, comparing Tull's Thick as a Brick 12" to CD the CD loses hands down. Roger Dean's work although brilliant became a little repetitive with Yes (IMO), I found his cover for One Live Badger stunning though but again they fall down in CD size format.

I personally think it's more a case of design for CD nowadays, but's that's just my opinion.

*shrug*

GChen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2015 at 03:56
It appears they're now on Soundcloud - quite a few tracks up there https://soundcloud.com/sinultimata-official
*shrug*
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2015 at 07:24
I've notified the PSIKE team.
Sorry for the tardy response - sometimes these suggestions simply fall through the cracks.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2015 at 12:52
They've been on progfreak for awhile ^.
GChen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 00:15
Progfreak, go figure.

I noticed who ever posted it there got the country wrong, they're from Wales not the United States.

*shrug*
GChen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 01:24
They've released two more since this post was started, Eight and Remembrance (A Random Collection of Favourites)
http://sinultimata.bandcamp.com/releases

*shrug*

Edited by GChen - March 01 2016 at 01:26
 Post Reply Post Reply