Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Inner Prospekt (Italy) - Mad Crayon (ELECTRO-PROG)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInner Prospekt (Italy) - Mad Crayon (ELECTRO-PROG)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inner Prospekt (Italy) - Mad Crayon (ELECTRO-PROG)
    Posted: November 25 2014 at 05:29
Hello everybody, 

I'm Alessandro Di Benedetti, Mad Crayon keyboardist. With Mad Crayon I'm working on a new album (after our three past works, Ultimomiraggio, Diamanti and Preda) coming soon. Meanwhile I published four solo album, with the name of Inner Prospekt, available mainly on  https://innerprospekt.bandcamp.com/

The first album is called The Musing, atmospheric and introspective, based on the upcoming Mad Crayon new album.

The second work it's clearly inspired to Genesis keyboardist Tony Banks, it's called "Dreaming Tony Banks". It's not a cover album, but the solos, the chords, and the arrangements (especially in the last "White Skies"), have been built having Tony's style in mind. "White Skies" extended version on Bandcamp, it's clearly inspired by Genesis Seconds Out sound and style. The use of bass/taurus bass, mellotrone, and classical solo sounds, underline that. Nevertheless I've tried to remain somehow original, adding each track something unexpected and new. 
I've realized two video clips for this album, one for the opening song called "Pinballs" and one for the song called "Airing the Flow":

You can listen "Dreaming Tony Banks" here: https://innerprospekt.bandcamp.com/album/dreaming-tony-banks

The last work it's a six piece album with some vocal tracks, Blue Days, near to Mad Crayon style more than the previous works. I've used taurus and mellotrons along with new electro sounds to give new life to the classical prog sound. You can listen Blue Days here: https://innerprospekt.bandcamp.com/album/blue-days

The last work is called "The Gene Machine", five instrumental tracks and one song. 

You can listen The Gene Machine here: https://innerprospekt.bandcamp.com/album/the-gene-machine

Lots of promo and sample videos for The Musing, Dreaming tony Banks and Blue Days are on Mad Crayon youtube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/stokkernk

These are three videos with excerpts from all Inner Prospeks albums, all released during this year:

This is a promo video of the extended version of White Skies on bandcamp:

Thank you for your attention, 

Alessandro Di Benedetti - Mad Crayon - Inner Prospekt 

Edited by MadCrayon - April 30 2015 at 06:08
malamala View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2014 at 11:41
Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 17:04
Seeing you have had no replies, it might be worth indicating for which sub-genre you are considering it this work - please update the title of the thread with that Smile
MadCrayon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 02:24
Thank you for the advice, aapatsos!
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 13:04
Any CD versions of these 3, I love the sound and would enjoy doing a review? 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
MadCrayon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 18:01
Thank you very much for your interest tszirmay, I really appreciate that and I'm really interested in your opinion. Unfortunately for now there is no CD version available, and I don't know if I will produce it in the near future. Does Prog Archive rewiew cd version only?

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 01:38
Originally posted by MadCrayon MadCrayon wrote:

Thank you very much for your interest tszirmay, I really appreciate that and I'm really interested in your opinion. Unfortunately for now there is no CD version available, and I don't know if I will produce it in the near future. Does Prog Archive rewiew cd version only?

No but some of us are old school LOL. Personally, the word 'album' means a physical almost book-like object with artwork and credits and the plastic. I loved Preda as well as Diamanti , so I am a fan! 
We review anything that is prog. 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
MadCrayon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 04:04
Yes, I know well 'cause I'm old school too! But for now the digital delivery way is the only way I can afford the distribution on my music. The world has changed so much from UltimoMiraggioWink

If you want I can send you a "copy" of the three works (mail, dropbox, bandcamp gift...). I really would love to ear a professional opinion about. 
malamala View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 04:35
Listen to Dreaming Tony Banks, over and over. 

Some points. I know Mad Crayon Ultimomiraggio, Diamanti and Preda, and Inner Prospekt work remembers the first two album to me, more than Preda. Melodies all over the album, attention to details, cute synth voices (love the White Skies solo synth, guess what he have used). Most important thing, here we have not a cover like album of Tony Banks music, or Genesis music. We have a composer that loves Genesis music, and has written new music with his peculiar style, in homage to that kind of sound and composition. 

Banks techniques are here used from the very opening of Pinballs, with the cross hand style that reminds The Lamb, to the type of chords, and chords changes, to the style of the solos (the one in Slow Scopes, or the one in the Airing the Flow final). Very Banksian style. 

But there is lot more, for me, in these tracks, especially in the sounds and arrangements. Sometimes I think about Banks solo career, someway disappointing for me. In those times (A curious feeling) I wanted to hear something more like Robbery's solos, complex compositions, tricky passages. I wanted more "Seconds out" sound and style from Tony. But he didn't go in that direction. The "Seconds out" Tony Banks is forever gone. 

In this album I've heard the Tony I've always wanted to hear again. Plus some new ideas and music. 

The last song White Skies, is, in my opinion, the real homage to Genesis - Seconds Out - style. It's composed with that formation and those arrangements in mind, with solos, melodies, taurus and mellotrones. Not very original, but a pleasure to listen.

The other Inner Prospekt works are very interesting too, but I want to listen to them carefully to give my thoughts.  
malamala View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2015 at 07:50
The Musing, the first Ip's work, it's a very deep album. It's the less prog album among the three, but only on the surface. It's a matter of instruments choice, here we have more electro voices, drums and leads and no mellow, taurus or moogs. 

The structure of the tracks it's sometimes complex, there are long instrumental songs that need more and more listenings to "appear" in their sense, but I can say that strangely the listening can be very easy too. One of the most important things to say on this album is that there are melodies at every corner. And each of this melodies can remain stamped in your mind for long time. Every listening can reveal details and new melodies, and this is a wonderful aspect of Ip works in general. And the more you listen to it, the more you appreciate one track over the other. 

Even if he has dedicated his second work to Tony Banks and Genesis, even in The Musing we can find many passages played in Banks style. The two albums are more linked than they appear. 

Overall a surprisingly good work.
MadCrayon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2015 at 05:32
Malamala thank you so much for your reviews. I'll wait for Blue Days:)

I want to advice that today I'm releasing my fourth work on bandcamp.com, "Pages", that contains seven songs from my previous albums and two new songs. 

Here are two short promos:

"Pages" digital download is free until the end of january. 

Alessandro Di Benedetti - Inner Prospekt - Mad Crayon

malamala View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2015 at 07:23
On Mad Crayon youtube channel there are some previews of the next Inner Prospekt work. It's called The Gene Machine, and it seems to be very very interesting!

MadCrayon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 06:11
My last work, The Gene Machine is out now.

You can listen it here: https://innerprospekt.bandcamp.com/album/the-gene-machine

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 14:24
Soon to be added ! 
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 15:00
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Soon to be added ! 
ADDED , review to come......Clap
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2015 at 15:13
Great Thumbs Up
MadCrayon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2015 at 06:51
New arrangment of First/Second Hook (The Musing). Playing with sounds, old and new, electronics, vocals, and some progressive classics as taurus/mellotron. I've put it my free demo called FreeDem, on bandcamp. Feel free to listen, download, comment... Hope you enjoy!

Post Reply Post Reply