Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Interviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Here come video Interviews with some prog bands!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHere come video Interviews with some prog bands!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here come video Interviews with some prog bands!
    Posted: November 27 2014 at 05:08
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post that!
We are a french video teams making videos interviews with musicians coming to Paris. And you can find some great prog bands in it!
Here are the links for our videos, on YouTube:

Gong - With Daevid Allen:

Magma - With Christian Vander:

The Pineapple Thief - With Bruce Soord:

Beardfish - With the whole band (!):

Zeus! - An Italian Math-metal duo we strongly recommend! : 

The Crimson ProjeKCt - With Adrian Belew:

Haken - With Richard Henshall and Charlie Griffiths
Part 1

Part 2

And a little bonus, a little documentary about the Loreley Night of the Prog 2013 (with interviews and live bits of Anglagard, The Pineapple Thief, Opeth, Devin Townsend, Crippled Black Phoenix, Caravan, Magma,...)

Hope you will enjoy these!

Alex & MisèRecords

Edited by MisèRecords - November 27 2014 at 05:10
L'absurdité nous a créés, nous créons l'absurdité.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MiseRecordsTV
https://www.facebook.com/MiseRecords
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 05:45
Wow....thank you so much for this!
Watching that Vander interview made me realise that I'm maybe not that crazy in believing that musicians need not be afraid of the 'wrong' note, or the blue note as he calls it. Damn that part gave me goosebumps! Furthermore how he depicts music schools as a root to this fear of playing outside the norm - branching out. It's the same point he offers when talking about De Futura.

I wish more musicians would implemented this kind of thinking. It leaves behind much of the rigidness I often associate with modern music.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2014 at 16:37
hey ... that interview with Daevid Allen is interesting ... and partially really funny ...

aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2014 at 18:03
This subforum is for "Original interviews with Prog artists (which are exclusive to Prog Archives" but nevertheless some interesting work.

I suggest a new space be created for such interesting work, or this sub-forum re-defined (I would prefer the former) Wink
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2014 at 10:31

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Wow....thank you so much for this!
Watching that Vander interview made me realise that I'm maybe not that crazy in believing that musicians need not be afraid of the 'wrong' note, or the blue note as he calls it. Damn that part gave me goosebumps! Furthermore how he depicts music schools as a root to this fear of playing outside the norm - branching out. It's the same point he offers when talking about De Futura.

Remember that he came up at a time when there was a lot of work in the arts taking down "structure". This had started in the 1920's and 1930's in many other forms and arts, and finally got to music, which was helped tremendously by the commercial explosion of sales in the likes of Beatles, Elvis and so on.

The "experiments" and the "open-ness" was a factor of the time and place ... "krautrock" is similar, when you read Holger Czukay's comments, and most of the stuff in that BBC special.

Today, there is too much "control" by the media. In some ways, even the likes of PA is a form of control, with its listing of the top 100. It LIMITS the individual ability to think and believe and learn for themselves ... because they have to hear those first as the bona fide examples of righteousness and godliness! The 60's, not only in America and England, and all of Europe were massively against this kind of control, and the arts, were one of the most important symbols of that idealism and hope for a freedom.

Today, it's tough ... everyone kisses their neighbor and the person that agrees with them ... just one look at most of the thread in this board, and individual opinions are allowed, but not always understood and appreciated ... for their point of view.

I don't think that MAGMA would have done as well today, with the internet and the find of folks posting in this board ... trashing them for every thing and no sound effects that made it dark or evil! Or stupid! Does it really matter? That kind of stuff has a tendency to hurt the child and the artist in small ways, until the edifice of the artist crumbles.

This is where the history is important ... there was acceptance for different and exprimental things then ... I mean .. check out "The Living Theater" and so many other literary things in the 50's and 60's, specially Europe! It was huge and massive, and the only thing that is BIZARRE AND CRAZY, is that pop music was too slow to get there ... and you already know why ... corporate control ... take a look at the 10 worst business decisions ever, and the Beatles and Rolling Stones are in the top 5 ... to give you an idea how bad it was!

Same today!!!! With one exception ... a database doesn't give a sh*t about history! It has little latitude and longitude into an area that it is not designed for!

Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply