FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMissing Members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 18:15
shall I mention Torodd, i mentioned Torodd and bayled of....aaaaaand Textbox...

Edited by Icarium - December 06 2014 at 18:16
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 18:22
Torodd is doing well, writing a lot of reviews for his blog and also working on a new novel. He emailed me a few days ago. I saw him more often when I was still on Facebook, but I like to keep in touch with people who have proved to be friends over time.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 18:32
we can chat in non-english :)
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 20:09
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

good call on the Lost Chord. Another classic from the classic era.

He was a hoot, but definitely had some issues going on. It sure did seem him and Tony R had a thing going on for a time didn't it. LOL

He came on quite strong and a little troll-like at first. I even reached out to him during that period but he wasn't having it. Eventually he did calm down a bit and did have some good things to offer. By that point we were friends. 

Edited by bhikkhu - December 06 2014 at 20:12
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 23:33
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Awwww Dean, where art thou? UnhappyCry
I lurk but don't feel as compelled to join-in as much as I once did, it's now more amusing to watch from the wings than get involved in the thick of it. The atmosphere in most of the threads that I posted in got a little too unfriendly for my liking and since the common element in them was me then it was evident the problem was me and not those who chose to argue against everything I wrote. Certainly since I've stopped commenting on practically every topic imaginable the forum seems to be a tad less aggressive and antagonistic even if the number of negative threads hasn't decreased. [Perhaps with Eric, Stoney and HT back in the fray they can defend Neo from those who think that "cheesy" isn't a derogatory term LOL]. 

The only "safe" thread for me seemed to be Eric's Prog Chefs thread, but this isn't a cookery forum and even then I found I was tending to repeat myself - thou' of late I have discovered the joys of non-curry based Indian cooking so maybe once I've perfected some new recipes I'll post something tasty in there. Approve

Having said that, it's nice to see some of the "old gang" getting back together and while I don't see that it is possible to recapture the "Spirit of '07" (or even a good idea to even try) it is a genuine pleasure to observe that the thing that unites is stronger than what pushes away.

I have enjoyed my time here immensely - I enjoyed the pioneering work Micky, Guigo, Chris Stacey and I did in Crossover (less fun during the 6 months or so when it was only me on the team, but hey-ho - A huge shout-out of gratitude to Chris, Olav, Brian and Marty for stepping in there). In spite of the crap and baggage that came with it, I also enjoyed being an Admin - I think we did some great work holding the site together during some pretty turbulent times and what you see today is a testament to that - Bob, Tony, Guigo and Jim were amazingly tolerant and level-headed people to work with, it was an honour to stand along-side them. As I said to David a while back, the one thing I am personally proud of is opening the site to self-released artists (yeah, I will take the credit and blame for that Wink), but I'll never miss the spammers, the trolls and the rating-abusers or those who cannot separate the Admin-badge from the man who wears it. 

[As an aside, perhaps some of those returnees could say a few words about their favourite ex-Admins in the Retired Admins Hall Of Fame thread in the CZ].

Anyway - it's always a pleasure to read your effervescent flirty posts Sonia, each one makes me a little less grumpy.Hug 
Dean! Big smile We just became fb friends, thus we can stalk each other now legally LOL but dang, blue eyes yayApprove you are the hottest looking grumpy I know now Smile big hugs Hug
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 23:37
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Torodd is doing well, writing a lot of reviews for his blog and also working on a new novel. He emailed me a few days ago. I saw him more often when I was still on Facebook, but I like to keep in touch with people who have proved to be friends over time.
Awww Raff I like Torodd so much too Hug also I have been subscribed to you blog since 2011, I read all your reviews, great fun, very different outstanding ClapHug
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 01:17
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

Originally posted by Ozark Soundscape Ozark Soundscape wrote:

I wonder where smartpatrol went. He was probably the best thing to happen to PA in it's entire history.
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

I wonder where he lived, hmm. His bedroom, maybe?

Yeah, nice young chap, indeed every pic he posted was in his room, if his current absence is because he is having a bit more of a real life outside of the net, be it welcome, but I hope he will drop by again some day. Maybe he got a Progger girlfriend? I would be happy for him Tongue
Ozark Soundscape is Smart Patrol.Ouch

--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 02:13
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I still miss Snow Dog.
Awww me too, I miss his posts, where is he? xxxx
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 02:31
In regards to Torodd..... 'We all have issues' ........(just some more than others........)
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 02:32
LOL
What?
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 04:28
That's evil, Tom... LOL
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 06:02
^ Hey, he's got his, and I've got mine, no doubt about it......
Only fellow PA member Aussie Byrd Brother knows me personally, and kinda knows the cross I bear.....

Edited by Tom Ozric - December 07 2014 at 06:04
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 07:45
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Awww Raff I like Torodd so much too Hug also I have been subscribed to you blog since 2011, I read all your reviews, great fun, very different outstanding ClapHug

Thank you so muchSmile! Watch out for a new review in the next couple of days. I don't have a lot of time for writing these days, but I try to post something every now and then. I'd love to write something for PA too - perhaps during the holidays!
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 08:22
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ Hey, he's got his, and I've got mine, no doubt about it......
Only fellow PA member Aussie Byrd Brother knows me personally, and kinda knows the cross I bear.....

Oh, don't worry about that... I've got a few of my own, especially the past couple of months. 
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2014 at 09:03
I miss posting things that get hugs from Kati

Time always wins.
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2014 at 14:51
Great to see genuine empathy these days....seems we have all calmed down or grown older :-)
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2014 at 15:22
I swear reading a review by someone called "smartpatrol" on RateYourMusic not so long ago. Could be a different person with the same username as the PA user, though.
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2014 at 20:11
Originally posted by Chris S Chris S wrote:

Easy Money - Jazz Collab
Garion 81? - Shared with us all the tragic kidnapping and loss of his niece in LA, we all felt that for him. But also great contributions all round across the forum
FloydWright - Disappeared off the radar without a trace, she knew her music...

Hi Chris
Thank you for thinking about me and Amber who has been gone 5 years now.  I haven't been posting anywhere really except FB.  I see Micky and Raff found there way back.Wink  I decided to post here ytoday because i was reminiscing on some of the silliness that went on here 10 years ago and thought of my post in the linked thread. On page two maybe is the greatest thing I ever posted here.  It has to do with maps and a certain Genesis drummer.  Wink  Anyway happy holidays to you all.  
Brian

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2014 at 20:40
BRIAN!!! Hug

and yes. Amber and your family  will always be in our thoughts. Broken Heart
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 20:53
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

I miss posting things that get hugs from Kati
Manofmystery awww yay awww aaah thank you, a massive hug to you Hug again thank you and more hugs Hugmhwoaaahhxxxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>