Topic ClosedMellotron albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mellotron albums
    Posted: December 03 2014 at 19:52
I listen to Odessy and Oracles by the Zombies, just becouse its Perfect!

Any albums out there that captures the feels of Odessy and Oracels
Reed View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2014 at 13:20
One of my favorite mellotron records is the first Matching Mole. In fact, there is a bit on there ( it slips my mind at the moment) that sounds very much like the intro to one of the songs on "Odessy and Oracle".
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2014 at 16:22
Early Moody Blues and early Barclay James Harvest are similar.
Also try the first Cressida and Fantasy....and Spring.

Edited by dr wu23 - December 09 2014 at 16:22
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2014 at 16:47
thanks, listend to some Egg and Caravan recently, great mellotron work on it.
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 12:36
Chuck Minuto released a mellotron album in 1983 titled Celluloid-Neptune. The music is like what you witness "time travel" to be in a movie. There are many sound effects which are on tapes secured inside of the mellotron. Chuck Minuto uses the tapes which can be heard between tracks and within them. The model number of his mellotron , (according to Chuck), is the same model that was used by The Beatles and he further states that "Revolution #9" was a huge influence for the album. Many of the tracks sound reminiscent of Tony Banks mellotron chord voicings with the early Genesis. Some tracks are also reminiscent of the early King Crimson. It's a very experimental album , but it  is also connected  to the Progressive Rock world. If you are curious then contact Steve Roberts at ZNR Records website and you can order the cd online. It's totally unique
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 14:41
ihave to check that out, Thanks Toddler
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 08:28
Originally posted by TODDLER TODDLER wrote:

Chuck Minuto released a mellotron album in 1983 titled Celluloid-Neptune. The music is like what you witness "time travel" to be in a movie. There are many sound effects which are on tapes secured inside of the mellotron. Chuck Minuto uses the tapes which can be heard between tracks and within them. The model number of his mellotron , (according to Chuck), is the same model that was used by The Beatles and he further states that "Revolution #9" was a huge influence for the album. Many of the tracks sound reminiscent of Tony Banks mellotron chord voicings with the early Genesis. Some tracks are also reminiscent of the early King Crimson. It's a very experimental album , but it  is also connected  to the Progressive Rock world. If you are curious then contact Steve Roberts at ZNR Records website and you can order the cd online. It's totally unique
Reminds me of Watcher in the Sky, by Genesis.      
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 10:24
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Originally posted by TODDLER TODDLER wrote:

Reminds me of Watcher in the Sky, by Genesis.      

Yes it does. Chuck Minuto has been sought after ..many times in the past by vendors supporting the Electronic music world and journalists who interviewed important Electronic artists of the world. I'm not totally sure if he was the first artist to record a entire album of mellotron. If he is not, his Neptune release can certainly rate as being unique and in a world of it's own. It was discouraging at first when I attempted to contact him. I was basically being told that he was an insane person and that I should give up on any hope of having conversation with him about music. All journalists and vendors from the 70's and 80's that I contacted..told me that it would be impossible to find him. I eventually DID make contact with him and we had conversations for hours, talking about the people he had met in the music business and his personal stories about the C.I.A. He hides.  

Edited by TODDLER - December 12 2014 at 10:25
chrisgooding View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2015 at 07:38
I'm a big mellotron fan. Does anyone know which make of mellotron was used on BJH's Mockingbird? 
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2015 at 12:01
Wall to wall tron :

Post Reply Post Reply