43 [54.43%]
36 [45.57%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 18:42
My son will disown me but i go with Uriah Heep
"Nobody's Gonna Change My World That's Something To Unreal"   Lyrics that i live my life by-from Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy's track You Won't Change Me
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 19:40
I passed over them last time, but this time the Heep takes it hands down.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 20:32
Originally posted by Kazza3 Kazza3 wrote:

Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

HAHAHA Brilliant this!!!!!!! whooheeeee hahaha that bass silence bit after the drums with vocals is wow! Ah !!!! xxxx thank you Clap big hug HugOh wow loving this and I am glad they are very clever with their pauses while not sounding like liquid tension experiment. Dang the percussion is brilliant!

Wow gnack gack gnack!!!!!! I loved this track! The Mars Volta - Drunkship of Lanterns !!!!n Aaaaahhhh, must replay now yay yay! Those everchanging layers are aaaaahhhhh  ClapApproveThumbs Up huge hug Hug

ClapHandshake
big hug to you, Kazza3 Big smileHug

This is how it begins! Volta fever! Good to see.

I'm probably close to the biggest TMV fan on this forum, so while I have no objectivity in this whatsoever, this has been an interesting discussion from all of you. I'm fully aware that while most people on this forum have a lot of respect for Volta, it's not for everybody, and I'm not terribly surprised at the result (if the current votes hold). I think there's a truth to what is being said about prog fans increasingly going for the safe options, but that's their prerogative.
ole-the-first View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2014 at 01:47
The Mars Volta
This night wounds time.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 03:15
I am posting here only 3 tracks by Uriah Heep, please have a listen :), these are what define Uriah Heep for me:
1. uriah heep - july morning 1972 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzRrGNygjzs
and my ultimate fav prolific fab favorite 3. Uriah Heep - Salisbury LP 1971 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hazJqiaFFts
Have a listen please :) wow so good really, early Uriah Heep with David Byron and Ken Hensley :) <3 xxxxxxxxx
Let ,e know if you have listened and if you don't like it's ok too but have a listen please :) hugs
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 03:18

I am posting here only 3 tracks by Uriah Heep, please have a listen :), these are what define Uriah Heep for me:
and my ultimate fav prolific fab favorite 3. Uriah Heep - Salisbury LP 1971 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hazJqiaFFts
Have a listen please :) wow so good really, early Uriah Heep with David Byron and Ken Hensley :) <3 xxxxxxxxx
Let ,e know if you have listened and if you don't like it's ok too but have a listen please :) hugs
Salisbury from same titled album is my favorite track of theirs, this was only ever performed 3 times live to date :) hug Hug
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 04:22

Salisbury from same titled album is my favorite track of theirs, this was only ever performed 3 times live to date :) hug Hug
 I am very disappointed about no reply here :( yep maybe I don't deserve to be or should be here at all.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 04:29
not having any feedback which is even more disarming, not nice makes you doubt if one wants to be or belong here to be honest and I just want to be happy friendly but remove myself from any negativity too. I can do this easily and block all else xxx
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 04:51
Ohh if you only knew how many links and vids people post every day that go by unnoticed, Sonia😉
You are certainly not the only one. I'd say that probably 75% of all the YouTubes I've ever posted went the same way, but I gather this is mostly down to the fact that everyone else is doing the same thing. If we had to check out all these tubes, there would be no time for anything else😊
Also, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of members know these tracks you've posted. Personally I tend to check out things I'm unfamiliar with....or else I can always pop on a cd with superior sound quality😉
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 05:02
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Ohh if you only knew how many links and vids people post every day that go by unnoticed, Sonia😉
You are certainly not the only one. I'd say that probably 75% of all the YouTubes I've ever posted went the same way, but I gather this is mostly down to the fact that everyone else is doing the same thing. If we had to check out all these tubes, there would be no time for anything else😊
Also, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of members know these tracks you've posted. Personally I tend to check out things I'm unfamiliar with....or else I can always pop on a cd with superior sound quality😉
Awww Guldbamsen, you make everything so much better :) thank you. I honestly can say that I love you too much, thank you xxxxxxxx Again thank you very much, Guldbamsen HeartHugI do however like you much more on that Heston Blumenthal wearing a bikini top picture of yours, no one can beat that it's priceless lol love that pic Big smile big hug Hug
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 05:06

Awww Guldbamsen, you make everything so much better :) thank you. I honestly can say that I love you too much, thank you xxxxxxxx Again thank you very much, Guldbamsen HeartHugI do however like you much more on that Heston Blumenthal wearing a bikini top picture of yours, no one can beat that it's priceless lol love that pic Big smile big hug Hug
Guldbamsen, you are so nice, thank you so much! xxxxxxx
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 05:20
70's Heep is mightier than 2-3 very good TMV albums Tongue
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 05:24
Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

70's Heep is mightier than 2-3 very good TMV albums Tongue
aapatsos, what you said makes me so happy, because you do recognize they were really great during that era, thank you so much :) HeartHugxxxx
Kentucky_Hawkwindage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 07:24

not having any feedback which is even more disarming, not nice makes you doubt if one wants to be or belong here to be honest and I just want to be happy friendly but remove myself from any negativity too. I can do this easily and block all else xxx
Don't fret Kati-I've been a Uriah Heep fan for atleast 30+ years.I thought i was about the only one who liked the track "Salisbury" from the album of the same title,since there is not much talk of it,so now i know i'm not alone.Another track from the album Salisbury i really like is "The Park".Also as you mentioned July Morning & The Wizard are both excellent.I could talk on & on about Heep but i'll keep it short.
"Nobody's Gonna Change My World That's Something To Unreal"   Lyrics that i live my life by-from Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy's track You Won't Change Me
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 07:42

Well right back atcha SoniaBig smile 
The bikini pic is one I only use during holidays, and for short periods of time - mostly because I very quickly tire of looking at myselfEmbarrassed
Much rather look at one of my fave girls drinking milk.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 08:13
Originally posted by Kentucky_Hawkwindage Kentucky_Hawkwindage wrote:

Don't fret Kati-I've been a Uriah Heep fan for atleast 30+ years.I thought i was about the only one who liked the track "Salisbury" from the album of the same title,since there is not much talk of it,so now i know i'm not alone.Another track from the album Salisbury i really like is "The Park".Also as you mentioned July Morning & The Wizard are both excellent.I could talk on & on about Heep but i'll keep it short.
Kentucky_Hawkwindage Heart I like you so much! Thank you HugBesides Black Sabbath this is for you Wink (Nothing is going to change my world)HugThe Beatles - Across The Universe, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN9n1bAahg4 xxxxx
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 08:18

Well right back atcha SoniaBig smile 
The bikini pic is one I only use during holidays, and for short periods of time - mostly because I very quickly tire of looking at myselfEmbarrassed
Much rather look at one of my fave girls drinking milk.
It's holidays festive season btw Wink plus it's not all about you and how you feel looking at yourself, that's a tad selfish don't you think? Tongue Now give me Heston Blumenthal bikini top wearing hot brother back! Evil Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 08:31
LOL

- Douglas Adams
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 08:33

LOL
Big smileHug
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 08:44
Originally posted by Kentucky_Hawkwindage Kentucky_Hawkwindage wrote:

Very heavy very Humble and Salisbury are the Heep albums that I love more. So at least we are three.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>