Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDavid Younger (UK) for Neo Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: David Younger (UK) for Neo Prog
    Posted: December 11 2014 at 01:00
"Melodic prog rock - you might hear musical influences such as Genesis, Rush, Pink Floyd, Neal Morse in various guises - and many other prog/classic rock artists 

Soulful guitar work, crunching Rickenbacker bass, multiple layering of acoustic guitars and keyboards, long format song structures with recurring themes, piano ballad interludes and some hard-hitting lyrics"

http://davidyounger.bandcamp.com/album/spiritual-atheist

released 15 November 2014

Edited by Svetonio - December 11 2014 at 01:01
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 08:39
Very nice find indeed...but scant info on the web about him. He is on cdbaby too though: http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/DavidYounger1, but even they have little info about him other than:
"David has been writing songs for over 20 years – driven by a lifelong love of great music, in particular late 60s and 70s progressive (and classic) rock. Favourite bands emerged as Genesis, Rush, Pink Floyd and Yes, supplemented in more recent years by Spock’s Beard, Transatlantic and solo work by Neal Morse.

David’s prog upbringing is evident in his long format song structures with recurring themes, piano ballad interludes and some hard-hitting lyrics.

Soulful guitar work features on much of David’s work – you might hear influences such as Alex Lifeson, David Gilmour, Steve Hackett and Steve Rotherey, plus snippets of Francis Dunnery and others. This is supplemented by crunching Rickenbacker bass lines influenced by Geddy Lee and Chris Squire, complemented by multiple layering of 6 and 12 string acoustic guitars, mellotron, bass pedal and additional keyboards."

This guy needs to open a facebook account and try and get the word out a bit more!
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 02:38
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

Very nice find indeed...but scant info on the web about him. He is on cdbaby too though: http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/DavidYounger1, but even they have little info about him other than:
"David has been writing songs for over 20 years – driven by a lifelong love of great music, in particular late 60s and 70s progressive (and classic) rock. Favourite bands emerged as Genesis, Rush, Pink Floyd and Yes, supplemented in more recent years by Spock’s Beard, Transatlantic and solo work by Neal Morse.

David’s prog upbringing is evident in his long format song structures with recurring themes, piano ballad interludes and some hard-hitting lyrics.

Soulful guitar work features on much of David’s work – you might hear influences such as Alex Lifeson, David Gilmour, Steve Hackett and Steve Rotherey, plus snippets of Francis Dunnery and others. This is supplemented by crunching Rickenbacker bass lines influenced by Geddy Lee and Chris Squire, complemented by multiple layering of 6 and 12 string acoustic guitars, mellotron, bass pedal and additional keyboards.
"

This guy needs to open a facebook account and try and get the word out a bit more!
Thank you for adding CDBaby link Yam Yam, and I'm glad that you like Mr Younger's music as I do Thumbs Up
Yea, I already sent an e-mail to him (via his Bandcamp page) and asked him to give me the link to his Facebook page as when a policeman on night patrol with a flashlight shining on the face of the suspected person from which seeks identification card LOL
However, I hope that above brief biography from CDBaby and the link to the full-stream at Bandcamp will be enough for the team's pre-eval while Mr Younger is not in Facebook yet Smile
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2014 at 02:44
Don't worry much about the bio, we will dust the internet pages and find enough info, it's music that matters and so far this has been quite cool...two yes votes as of today and waiting one more member for his opinionWink
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 04:17
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 04:20
Beer
dy007 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 06:49
Hi Svetonio & Yam Yam

Very sorry for long silence - since this post & Svetonio's email to me back on 12Dec, I've finally set up my website & Facebook page

www.davidyoungermusic.com

www.facebook.com/davidyoungermusicpage

Really pleased you like my music - let me know (via [email protected]) if you'd like to be added to my mailing list - as I have a new album to be released in January 2015

David

Post Reply Post Reply