Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
60 [48.78%]
63 [51.22%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2014 at 09:44
I went for Camel due to Andy Latimer's recovery from leukemia after going through a very tough spell and he's actually touring with a new Camel now. No disrespect to ELP but their touring days  as ELP are over as Palmer will not do it with them anymore. Yeah, Camel!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 03:15
I struggle to remember the last time ELP were a touring band. I suspect it was around 1997 when they went off to South America . A new album was in the pipeline including a track that was to be called Crossing The Rubicon. However Emerson wasn't happy with Lake deciding he should have sole control over production and that was that. Since then ELP played High Voltage but I don't remember any other live gigs. The last 14 years or so have seen them individually do at least 2 tours with their own bands and Keith Emerson briefly resurrected The Nice. ELP have been essentially dead as a band for a very long time.
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 07:09
One good thing about this thread is that it made me re-listen to my ELP albums and appreciate them more! Clap
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 07:13
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

One good thing about this thread is that it made me re-listen to my ELP albums and appreciate them more! Clap

Clap outside of the obviously just having fun aspect, that is something you always hope for when you do things like this.  Discovery of new undiscovered to that point groups (as Bo Hansson was apparently to some) and rediscovery of some long moved past groups!
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 21:11
Originally posted by O666 O666 wrote:

Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

^ its true Kati that if Jimi had lived then there may well have been a collaboration but it would not have been a new band ( or at least its very doubtful). Hendrix wanted to expand his horizons for sure.
Smile ELP needed a fab guitarist, this is all they needed to complete the band however this did not stop them from being outstanding fantastic as they had many guest guitarists too :) Big hug to you, RichardH Hug
I think you listened 2 or 3 ELP songs and you don't know ELP completely. Maybe I mistake about you but your posts show this.
O666, you might be right I have only listened to a few ELP songs (quite a bit more than just 3 songs hihihi) however maybe not enough to judge them this is true. I am also speaking of what I've heard what my preference listening choice is and like tho' maybe this might not fair be I know but it's my experience so far and what I feel. I do like ELP tho' never said otherwise. A hug to you Hug

Edited by Kati - December 22 2014 at 21:19
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 21:18
Originally posted by CosmicVibration CosmicVibration wrote:

Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Originally posted by CosmicVibration CosmicVibration wrote:

ELP v. Camel?  Seriously?  I dig Camel, but they’re just not in the same league as ELP.

CosmicVibration, if Hendrix would have joined ELP (unfortunately he died just before) thus HELP, I don't know but I think I'd vote ELP. I love the guitar tunes, thus my vote went to Camel. Big smile Hug Hug

I may be a little biased here.  I have listened to everything ELP put out, both good and bad. However, I’ve only heard around 30% of Camel material and that was quite some time ago.  Never saw Camel live but have seen ELP live several times.   Thanks for all the Camel links; they are actually better than I remember.  A big Hug to you to Missy Hug

I wonder if Hendrix would have actually gelled with ELP.   I just can’t imagine ELP being taken to another level.

Miss Kati, I’m sorry but I have to ask, your sig, is it from personal experience?  LOL…

CosmicVibration, you are most wonderful thank you for giving Camel another listen too! Smile My bottom (no kinky pun intended, ok after typing this now even I find it naughty kinky lol) the sig below is my twisted and common sense of humour not personal although quite logic common sense Wink big hug Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718