Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNight of the Prog 10 - July 17th to 19th 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Night of the Prog 10 - July 17th to 19th 2015
    Posted: December 15 2014 at 09:57
Haven't seen it mentioned before.

Tenth edition of the Night of the Prog festival in Germany from July 17th to July 19th 2015.

Kind of an anniversary edition with the best bands that played so far in the previous years and some new bands as well.

(updated the list of bands and the image)

Confirmed bands are:

Friday

Lesoir
Beardfish 
The Gentle storm (by Anneke van Giersbergen)
Pendragon
Neal Morse Band
Camel

Saturday

Luna Kiss
IO Earth
Sylvan
Lazuli 
The Enid
Riverside 
Fish 

Sunday

Special Providence 
Kaipa DaCapo 
Haken 
Steve Rothery Band 
Pain of Salvation 
Steve Hackett

http://www.wiventertainment.com/projekte/21-notp.html

Edited by rocko - March 18 2015 at 08:05
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 12:45
Nice! Let's see if I can make it there - isnt't that far from here...
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
rocko View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2015 at 03:42
couple more bands are announced now:

Pendragon
Special Providence
Kaipa DaCapo (original Kaipa members except Hans Ludin)

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2015 at 09:56
Nice. So who is going?
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
rocko View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2015 at 03:51
short update with two more bands:

Pain of Salvation
The Gentle Storm (new band formed by Arjen Lucassen and Anneke van Giersbergen.)
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2015 at 10:18
Purrrrfect!
rocko View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2015 at 05:06
some more bands confirmed

Sylvan
Steve Rothery Band
IO Earth
The Enid
Steve Hackett playing Genesis Revisited

rocko View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 08:04
final confirmations are in:

Lesoir
Luna Kiss
Neal Morse Band

updated the first post with the final lineup
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 10:32
Brilliant program - never been happier with a ticket :-)
ISKC Rock Radio
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 09:32
I will be there Smile Beer
Proglydite View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2015 at 04:05
Sadly I am well aware of this upcoming monumental event! Unless a mysterious benefactor appears with a round trip ticket from S.F. Ca. or Medford Ore. to Germany. This will be an unpleasant memory for, well for the rest of my time. It seems that these things only crop up during the downward cycle of personal finance! I usually have money for something that I feel is this worthwhile, But, the really great sounding shows in far-off lands, actually seem to await the inevitable fiscal tides. Perhaps that is why the term being "liquid," took root?
 Well, I am looking forward to all of you who make it, writing to us less fortunate souls with wonderous tales of what we have missed. Thank You in advance!
Did I mention that I have a very great love of Marillion? Of course they NEVER play within several  thousand miles of where I find myself living!
ETIDYLGORPAMAI
Proglydite View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2015 at 04:47
Great now Kaipa! and Pendragon, why not all four Beatles Beethoven and Hank Williams Senior, & Buddy Holly do intermission?  Maybe Gene Vincent doing Be-Bop A- Lula with Robert Fripp on Guitar for an extra Encore? Rub it in, I must now pay the piper for 17 ELP's, 13 Genesis, (6 with P.G. at the helm), 11 Yes, (over 1/2 with all original members), Dark Side of the Moon, Two night's running, opening with the premiere of Wish you Were Here, Echoes for the encore, Also Delicate sound of Thunder, And the Wall, The Who, with Keith Moon (the first time anyway), A half dozen King Crimson shows, Porcupine Tree ( Still playing "Radioactive Toy"),
Journey many times (local band) when they played ONLY the kind of stuff only found on Album #1. Golden Earring Slade AND Be Bop Deluxe for $6.25 USD, Jethro Tull, Transatlantic, Todd Rundgren before top 40!
Al Stewart, "Roads to Moscow," 15 feet away, Billy Thorpe, Hawkwind, ( backstage party with Nik Turner & Simon House. Various band members from HW, And Amphetamine Reptile. ( I bet it was a great party, just can't remember). Montrose, Bowie, Steely Dan, Staind , The Man Band, the B52's Thin Lizzy, Ambrosia ( damn Good!), Toto, Blue Oyster Cult, Moody Blues. Apologies to who I am forgetting! Led Zepplin Tried (they always Cancelled). I am not bragging .. I am trying to justify missing the July show, It is not working as well as it should, Maybe I should not have missed the Beatles at Candlestick Park in 1965?  Could that be my source of this feeling of the Universe being out of balance? I can take comfort in the fact That I count Steve Rothery as a friend, I have chatted with Keith Emerson, Oh Yeah met and chatted with all of Crimson with dual drummers the (new guy a local boy from Anderson, Ca.) except Robert F. ( I was told he does not meet period). I hate to miss this show more than I can say but all in all, I have seen a few shows of note!
And I just can't sell myself on selling my '68 GTO' for concert funds ( only because it lasts much much longer than any show! stiil I'm tempted!!!! Have a GREAT time all of you, It will be one for the books!
ETIDYLGORPAMAI
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2015 at 08:29
Wacko
happythe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 02:36
In!!! Star I can't wait to see this magikal UNESCO place.

And... if anyone's driving from the west (UK, north France, Belgium) and might be willing to take two passengers in exchange for petrol contributions, PM me. Embarrassed
Stop me from dreaming?
Okay :-(
Rogue Elephant View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2015 at 14:19
Definitely going to this. Have air ticket, concert ticket arrived today, totally excited for this. Any other N. American people around here "crossing the pond" for this. I am trying to find transport to the festival from frankfurt airport to concert site, anyone interested in splitting transportation, Helping with petrol, etc? Please PM me or email me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance - Pat O'Connell
happythe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2015 at 03:02
Hi Pat,

Just in case it's any use to you and you haven't seen it yet, this was posted by the organiser on the event's Facebook page a month ago. Even if you're not in exactly this situation, it might be worth emailing to see if they know of anyone else you could join up with.

We have a few queries for Hotel/Transportation from Airport Frankfurt /Main to the Loreley. But we need minimum 15 or more to make this work for a reasonable price. So if anyone is interested in a Hotel nearby the Frankfurt Airport and a daily Shuttle to and from the Loreley to the Hotel at the Airport should send us an e mail to [email protected] .

This shuttle would be a special shuttle only for that Hotel at the Airport and is not available for any other destinations.

Regular Shuttle Busses from and to St Coarshausen / Loreley are running right after the end of the last act.

This message also do not bother people who are intending to visit the Festival and use the Campingsite. There are enough camping tickets available,

Stop me from dreaming?
Okay :-(
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2015 at 11:49
What a lineup for you Europeans. I'm jealous...
Tonje Sørdalen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 15:40
Hello fellow proggers! We are a couple from Norway that sadly needs to sell our two tickets to Night of Prog in Loreley this year due to a complicated pregnancy. It would be sad to see the tickets unused, so please contact us if you have yet to a buy ticket(s) to the greatest prog-adventure, or know someone who is in need of one (or two). We had hope to get some of the money back from the purchase but feel free to make an offer. Weekend festival and two camping passes (e-tickets, original price 365 euro). Send a sms to +47 936 27 433 or find me on facebook :) 

Cheers, Tonje K. Sørdalen
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 15:58
Awww... that's bad news Tonje. Good luck with the sale, and hope the pregnancy turns out fine.

I will be there - but if someone needs a camping ticket let me know (I switched to hotel, because I have a press pass and don't want my gear in a tent overnight).
ISKC Rock Radio
 Post Reply Post Reply