Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMomentary Lapse and Division Bell: Pink Floyd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 10:29
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

Thank you for helping me make a connection between rap and Waters. 

You wanted Roger Waters rap, you got it!

Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 11:53
^ Rojja Pepa is grand Thumbs Up

Edited by Argonaught - December 21 2014 at 11:53
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 23:20
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I think you got Kati's words wrong... for her it's the last album Pink Floyd did that she found to be great, not the one that she likes the least. As for me, the last (not least) Pink Floyd great album was The Division Bell... well, at least up until this year, now it's The Endless River . However, for me The Final Cut is a good album, but not among my favourites from them... I guess it would be at about the same position as Momentary Lapse. There are some great moments on FC, and very emotional ones. And once again, I think it's an album that's best apreciated if heard as a whole, instead of in parts.
I understood perfectly, I was just stating my opinion about it. I never connected emotionally with FC and I don't know if I will, on the other hand TDB for me is very emotive probably because I connect with Gilmour's and Wright's playing much more than lyrics Ermm

Oh well, sorry, it just seemed to me by the way you wrote your post that you were agreein with her, but at the same time were saying the exact opossit than what I undertood she meant... my bad. However, I do agree with you... well, I do like The Final Cut somewhat, and I feel it does have some rather emotional moments, but in the end it isn't among my favourite Floyd albums. However, I do love TDB, one of my favourites from them, easily.
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 23:29
The Final Cut......what are people missing? The most polished narrative of 'work' with exceptional guitar work from Gilmour.

I guess I am in the minority!
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
tdfloyd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 23:26
AMLOR and DB are both quite good. I played AMLOR to death when it was released. I enjoyed the easing up of the subject matter after Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut, even though I'm a big fan of all of them. I liked the TDB, but there are too many songs with the same pacing. I put it away for years and took it out again recently, and enjoyed it more now then when it was released. I still think it would be a better album if they pruned a couple of songs or added one that rocked a bit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234