Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHi PA members

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi PA members
    Posted: January 13 2015 at 00:57
Just like to introduce myself. My name is Jerome and I am originally from SA but currently living in Ireland. Always been a fan of Prog rock - the usual suspects Floyd, ELP, Yes, Kansas, Jethro Tull etc. etc. These days I find myself listening to ambient music a lot more, my favourite being Eno's - Apollo - Atmosphere and Soundtracks. I am an old fart/normal working stiff who has always wanted to record something and just recently I completed a project - Into Imagined Lands - which is really a collection of tracks from 3 separate projects I am still working on. Have to admit I have not bought a lot of CD's in the last few years because I just don't seem to find what I am looking for. Last purchase was Matt Berry's 'Music for Insomniacs' which I really like. Contains a lot of sounds I can relate to - Oldfield/Jarre/Orbit. Anyway, look forward to seeing you on the boards.
The purpose of life is a life of purpose - Athena Orchard
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2015 at 01:31
Hi Jerome--  ah yes, the ambient music does start to appeal more to us aging proggies.

Welcome.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Moogmoods View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2015 at 01:42
Thx for the welcome - funny thing is listening to ambient stuff has turned me on to music like Gustavo Santaolalla & Ryuichi Sakamoto. There's a whole new world waiting to be discovered. So it has it's rewards as well.

Edited by Moogmoods - January 13 2015 at 01:45
The purpose of life is a life of purpose - Athena Orchard
 Post Reply Post Reply