Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBritish Live Music Fan *waves*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: British Live Music Fan *waves*
    Posted: February 01 2015 at 09:16
Hello all - I've joined because I'm looking to find more exciting new (and old) music, from the genre that seems to include many of the bands I already know and love.

I'm quite open-minded about music in general, so willing to try the offerings from all sorts of artists and bands... but as I particularly enjoy Live music, it tends to be the UK / touring-Europe based artists that I fall for hardest. But please do offer suggestions of the artists you love the most - being introduced by enthusiastic fans is one of the best ways to find great new music...

Some of the 'Prog' artists (debatable labeling, but these ones tend to get picked up by the Prog media, so I'm counting them as such) I'm into - in no particular order: Lifesigns, Panic Room, The Enid, Dave Kilminster, The Aristocrats, Steven Wilson, Steve Rothery Band, Marillion, Touchstone, Matt Stevens, Queen, It Bites, Spock's Beard, Heather Findlay...

But I'm also keen to learn about others, and have been recently introduced to the likes of Todd Rundgren, and the Alan Parsons Project.

Outside of listening to music and turning up to Live gigs, I do music photography (at gigs and in recording studios) and love travel and adventure. Which is part of the reason I'm also looking to find anyone who is after a cabin-mate for the 2015 Cruise to the Edge...

Anyway - that's me in a nutshell, hope to be able to learn lots and positively contribute to this forum once in a while.

Weds :-)
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 00:08
Welcome to PA ... and it's not even Wednesday
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2015 at 16:21
Wednsday... I'd have gone with Friday.. more positive man

Originally posted by Wednesday Wednesday wrote:

I'm quite open-minded about music in general, so willing to try the offerings from all sorts of artists and bands...

hah.  We need even more of your type than we do spammers. 

but as I particularly enjoy Live music, it tends to be the UK / touring-Europe based artists that I fall for hardest. But please do offer suggestions of the artists you love the most - being introduced by enthusiastic fans is one of the best ways to find great new music...

Live music is where I live man.. picked up on more than a few bands that I would have never likely had if I had only listened to an album. Live music is where it is at... it is where it always has been.

Some of the 'Prog' artists (debatable labeling, but these ones tend to get picked up by the Prog media, so I'm counting them as such) I'm into - in no particular order: Lifesigns, Panic Room, The Enid, Dave Kilminster, The Aristocrats, Steven Wilson, Steve Rothery Band, Marillion, Touchstone, Matt Stevens, Queen, It Bites, Spock's Beard, Heather Findlay...

definitely different tastes we have LOL

But I'm also keen to learn about others, and have been recently introduced to the likes of Todd Rundgren, and the Alan Parsons Project.

now you are talking Clap

Outside of listening to music and turning up to Live gigs, I do music photography (at gigs and in recording studios) and love travel and adventure.

that is really cool, I don't do photography myself.. but seem be more into providing photographers good material to work with.

Which is part of the reason I'm also looking to find anyone who is after a cabin-mate for the 2015 Cruise to the Edge...

don't drink the water, or eat the food.. nor use the restrooms man..

Anyway - that's me in a nutshell, hope to be able to learn lots and positively contribute to this forum once in a while.

Weds :-)

welcome to the site!Clap Look forward to seeing some of your pictures. They have a thread for that here. Some really talented people taking great pictures.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply