Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed3 Pink Floyd albums - part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which of these do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [13.79%]
21 [24.14%]
54 [62.07%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 13:34
-One of These Days
-Fearless
-ECHOES
So,
MEDDLE!
charles_ryder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2015 at 14:40
"Atom Heart Mother" was their best album after Syd's exit. IMO
om mani padme hum
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 02:06
Ummagumma a live album (superlative) and an elpee of demos (more or less which should have been completed by the full band. Leaving the drummer alone for a 10 minute solo in which he could only cheat and get his (missus was it?) to play some flute. Mostly it could have been much improved. Except maybe Sysyphus which is fantastic and Granchester Meadows, perfect.  I mean this stuff is really all good but the full band would have done it a better justice.

AHM - lovely album, Fat Old Sun being my favourite moment. Incidentally I recommend the Psychedelic Breakfast without the FX. Then Wright's exquisite piano work can really be heard without the interruptions. Ooops, I mean experimentations. The band only (check the bootlegs) versions of the title track are also awesome.

Meddle. Well, it has Echoes. Lyricism and drama. I doubt may bands have as cohesive along thought as this one. Seamus is the only number I would have thought best replaced by another. Perhaps a poll with "lesser" PF moments. (All those Final Cut, AMLOR haters going "aha!").... no.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 22:14
Originally posted by uduwudu uduwudu wrote:

Ummagumma a live album (superlative) and an elpee of demos (more or less which should have been completed by the full band. Leaving the drummer alone for a 10 minute solo in which he could only cheat and get his (missus was it?) to play some flute. Mostly it could have been much improved. Except maybe Sysyphus which is fantastic and Granchester Meadows, perfect.  I mean this stuff is really all good but the full band would have done it a better justice.

AHM - lovely album, Fat Old Sun being my favourite moment. Incidentally I recommend the Psychedelic Breakfast without the FX. Then Wright's exquisite piano work can really be heard without the interruptions. Ooops, I mean experimentations. The band only (check the bootlegs) versions of the title track are also awesome.

Meddle. Well, it has Echoes. Lyricism and drama. I doubt may bands have as cohesive along thought as this one. Seamus is the only number I would have thought best replaced by another. Perhaps a poll with "lesser" PF moments. (All those Final Cut, AMLOR haters going "aha!").... no.

A little time ago I gave a listen to the whole Floyd Discography again after many years. I think I enjoyed many songs better than I remembered... Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast was one of them, and the way you describe it without FX sounds just right for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123