Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - citizen cain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedcitizen cain

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: June 21 2013
Location: OMG NC HAN
Status: Offline
Points: 4845
Direct Link To This Post Topic: citizen cain
    Posted: March 06 2015 at 12:29
Hi are there any Citizen Cain followers here. I`ve enjoyed them for a few years. 
     Stewart Bell & George "CYRUS" Scott original members from `84
great progressive rock band... if you are a follower please chat along... 
Today’s the same as every other day! LOCKDOWN SUCKS‼️

Is it Sunday or Monday ooh SPAT‼️
Back to Top
RoeDent View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member


Joined: September 08 2009
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 850
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2015 at 11:38
I saw your posts about Citizen Cain in the Flower Kings thread, and I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how similar the singer sounds to Peter Gabriel. And I thought Fish was the closest to PG without being PG.

Just imagine a quartet between PG, Fish, the bloke from Citizen Cain, and John Carson, Arena's first singer...Will be impossible to tell who's singing! Wink
Back to Top
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: October 18 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1114
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2015 at 11:56
^^
Some funny Facts about CC. Stewart Bell isn't a original member of course.
The original band consited of Cyrus, Gordon Feenie and Timy Taylor.
 
Cyrus and Gordon played in a band called "Not Quite Red Fox" before.
"Not Quite Red Fox" are most famous for rejecting a certain Mr. "Fish"
after an Audition for being not a good enough singer.
 
Cyrus was also offered the Job of a lead singer in Marillion after a gig of "Not Quite Red Fox"
 in Luton. Both sides simply forgot to exchange communication data, so after the band got back
to Scottland any contact was lost.
 
Gordon Feenie moved to London, which was the end of "Not Quite Red Fox". Somewhat later
Cyrus auditioned for a Job as bass Player in London not aware that this was for a band that also
had  Gordon Feenie as member. That was the birth of Citizen Cain.
Back to Top
freudiana View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member


Joined: November 24 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 253
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2015 at 14:24
Originally posted by RoeDent RoeDent wrote:

I saw your posts about Citizen Cain in the Flower Kings thread, and I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how similar the singer sounds to Peter Gabriel. And I thought Fish was the closest to PG without being PG.

Just imagine a quartet between PG, Fish, the bloke from Citizen Cain, and John Carson, Arena's first singer...Will be impossible to tell who's singing! Wink

Don't forget Francis Dunnery! 
Back to Top
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: June 21 2013
Location: OMG NC HAN
Status: Offline
Points: 4845
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2015 at 01:17
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

^^
Some funny Facts about CC. Stewart Bell isn't a original member of course.
The original band consited of Cyrus, Gordon Feenie and Timy Taylor.
 
Cyrus and Gordon played in a band called "Not Quite Red Fox" before.
"Not Quite Red Fox" are most famous for rejecting a certain Mr. "Fish"
after an Audition for being not a good enough singer.
 
Cyrus was also offered the Job of a lead singer in Marillion after a gig of "Not Quite Red Fox"
 in Luton. Both sides simply forgot to exchange communication data, so after the band got back
to Scottland any contact was lost.
 
Gordon Feenie moved to London, which was the end of "Not Quite Red Fox". Somewhat later
Cyrus auditioned for a Job as bass Player in London not aware that this was for a band that also
had  Gordon Feenie as member. That was the birth of Citizen Cain.
Hmm Embarrassed to say I now all you have posted, Confusedsorry...
Today’s the same as every other day! LOCKDOWN SUCKS‼️

Is it Sunday or Monday ooh SPAT‼️
Back to Top
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: June 21 2013
Location: OMG NC HAN
Status: Offline
Points: 4845
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2015 at 01:18
Originally posted by RoeDent RoeDent wrote:

I saw your posts about Citizen Cain in the Flower Kings thread, and I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how similar the singer sounds to Peter Gabriel. And I thought Fish was the closest to PG without being PG.

Just imagine a quartet between PG, Fish, the bloke from Citizen Cain, and John Carson, Arena's first singer...Will be impossible to tell who's singing! Wink
yes totally Confused
Today’s the same as every other day! LOCKDOWN SUCKS‼️

Is it Sunday or Monday ooh SPAT‼️
Back to Top
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: June 21 2013
Location: OMG NC HAN
Status: Offline
Points: 4845
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 15:41
listen to the solo album by Stewart Bell, its a wonderous album...
Today’s the same as every other day! LOCKDOWN SUCKS‼️

Is it Sunday or Monday ooh SPAT‼️
Back to Top
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: February 10 2010
Location: Barcelona Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 4655
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 15:59
Somewhere but Yesterday is one of my favourite albums, I don't care for the Genesis-clone argument, it's a great album in itself, I reviewed it giving it 5 stars. Skies Darken is also very good, but the other albums are not so brilliant.
I only listened once to the new one by Stewart Bell and it seemed good, very much in the Citizen Cain style.
A band seemingly damned with endless line-up changes.
Back to Top
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: June 21 2013
Location: OMG NC HAN
Status: Offline
Points: 4845
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 02:06
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

Somewhere but Yesterday is
one of my favourite albums, I don't care for the Genesis-clone argument, it's a great album in itself, I reviewed it giving it 5 stars. Skies Darken is also very good, but the other albums are not so brilliant.
I only listened once to the new one by Stewart Bell and it seemed good, very much in the Citizen Cain style.
A band seemingly damned with endless line-up changes.
Ouch line-up changes...
Today’s the same as every other day! LOCKDOWN SUCKS‼️

Is it Sunday or Monday ooh SPAT‼️
Back to Top
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: November 29 2006
Location: Israel
Status: Offline
Points: 6519
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 10:49
I have one CC album which I honestly can't recall the name right now, I used to really like it but grew tired of it and never listened to it ever since, maybe I should dig it out and give it a fresh spin...
Back to Top
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2428
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 14:28
Love Citizen Cain.  I think the Gabriel comparisons are overblown, though there certainly is a strong similarity.  I think he sounds more like Fish, to be honest.

My absolute favorite album of theirs is still Raising the Stones, but the rest are all very good (except the debut, which I find rather dull).  I have the Stewart Bell album, but still haven't listened to it yet.  Must get to that.

As to lineup changes, they really haven't had many.  When you consider that the writers have been the same since the first official album (after they became a 4 piece), there's not really been much significant changes over the years.


Edited by infandous - March 12 2015 at 14:29
Back to Top
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: June 21 2013
Location: OMG NC HAN
Status: Offline
Points: 4845
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 16:12
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Love Citizen Cain.  I think the Gabriel comparisons are overblown, though there certainly is a strong similarity.  I think he sounds more like Fish, to be honest.

My absolute favorite album of theirs is still Raising the Stones, but the rest are all very good (except the debut, which I find rather dull).  I have the Stewart Bell album, but still haven't listened to it yet.  Must get to that.

As to lineup changes, they really haven't had many.  When you consider that the writers have been the same since the first official album (after they became a 4 piece), there's not really been much significant changes over the years.
well said LOLLOL
Today’s the same as every other day! LOCKDOWN SUCKS‼️

Is it Sunday or Monday ooh SPAT‼️
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.326 seconds.

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.