Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New site feature: social review comments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2015 at 12:25
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Same thing happened with me: I clicked the social review comments which lead me to a new page, where underneath the review was a small box to comment in.
I'm not sure whether you're doing anything wrong doc - maybe one needs to have a Facebook account in order for this to fly? Like I said, I'm not sure how this works, but I'll swing it by the admin zone.

That might be it...I don't have a Facebookie  account.  Wink
There's a place at the bottom of the page you get taken to that says 'social reviews' ,but I can't get my cursor to post anything in any box. It looks like it isn't completely there for me...?
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2015 at 13:41
^You definitely need to have a facebook account to leave a comment but I don't think that should disable you from seeing that box where people would leave the comment (right under the review and under the bold 'social review comments (0)' ).

The time when I'm not seeing it though is when I have Disconnect turned on which is a browser plugin that disables all sorts of user tracking that google and facebook do, and that's when I don't see that box at all. Maybe if you have something similar like that or an heavier adblock or something else that might be doing a similar thing and disabling the facebook box (in my case I'm talking about firefox).
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2015 at 12:29
^ That might be the problem since I have McAfee security on my drive .....but I don't know how to disable any ad blockers or firewalls ...I'm basically ignorant about the inner workings of my computer.
Embarrassed
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2015 at 21:16
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

^ That might be the problem since I have McAfee security on my drive .....but I don't know how to disable any ad blockers or firewalls ...I'm basically ignorant about the inner workings of my computer.
Embarrassed

Maybe, but usually an antivirus wouldn't have that much of an effect on a web page. Have you tried opening it in a different browser?
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 11:26

Embarrassed

hahahaha! dr wu23LOL you are the double kick *ss version of Dr. Who, I am sure you can fix that problem hihihi hugs Hug
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2015 at 12:59
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Embarrassed

hahahaha! dr wu23LOL you are the double kick *ss version of Dr. Who, I am sure you can fix that problem hihihi hugs Hug
Evolver likes this post.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
IO Earth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IO Earth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 10:45
Hi Dave Cureton here from IO Earth here.

How can I post about an upcoming IOEarth event on this forum.

Cheers

Dave 

www.ioearth.com
IO Earth
www.ioearth.com
[email protected]
www.facebook.com/ioearth
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 11:56
^ Dave, depending on the kind of event you can start a thread in one of these sections of the forum:
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=19 (press releases, news , new releases).
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
IO Earth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IO Earth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 12:12
its for an IO Earth Concert in May

IO Earth
www.ioearth.com
[email protected]
www.facebook.com/ioearth
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 12:16
OK,

Late one month on this issueEmbarrassed... And like a lot of pillars on this site, I'm not thrilled, especially when aping such a hateworthy institution like fb and his evil owner not protecting private infos (M@X, fb = fesse du bouc Wink  & Tweet = twit)

Definitely not in favor of receiving thanks or hate reactions in a different channel that we already have... those often-useless comments like shown in MMA are sometimes even sparking arguments between those who use this feature

I don't review much anymore, because nowadays reviewing is really not what it used to be. There are so many ways to listen and discover an, album on the web, that most everyone can make up their mind without needing to read reviews anymore. As still the second reviewer on this site (in terms of numbers of written blunders), I rarely get reactions anymore, and TBH, I don't find that 90% of these reactions are totally uninteresting

So, in a few years, reviews will probably only be read by a few people (with lots of  - too much - time on their hands) looking for reviews that may not go along with their own opinions andtherefore will use these "reaction channels" to aggress the review authors. As one of the more conservative reviewers on this site, generally not giving many stars and telling that XYZ is not nearly as essential as one might think, I could be one of those in the first fire line

If those that are interested in saying something about an album, let them review it or PM the writer, no need to go public, IMHO.

read ya around

Hugues

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 12:24
OK,

have yet to receive a "social comment", but how do we cancel (switch off) this feature?

.... before I get one LOL
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2015 at 12:47
Originally posted by IO Earth IO Earth wrote:

its for an IO Earth Concert in May

Then a thread in this section: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=10 (gigs, tours, festivals) is a good place to announce it.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 03:15
Turns out we had nothing to be worried about. Since it's implementation I haven't seen one single member making use of this feature

.......which is great imo.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 06:11
made for some old fashioned good PA's times though while it lasted..

I think we all knew it wouldn't be used, but never let that little detail get in the way of a bit of demagoguery..  end of the earth rantings and getting pissed at the evil overlord himself.. dark M@X LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 06:29

Turns out we had nothing to be worried about. Since it's implementation I haven't seen one single member making use of this feature

.......which is great imo.
Guldbamsen! I am so happy to hear from you/see you, I missed you so much and was wondering where you were Smile how are you, anyway?
A massive big hug to you, Heston Blumenthal Big smile
mhwoaaahhxxxxx Hug
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 08:49
Thanks Sonia nice to see you too! 
I've been busy with my studies the past year or so, which means I don't visit here as often. 
Oh and right now it's summer in Denmark, and it's so rare we get sun and warm weather up here. I'd much rather spend my vacation on the beach/in the garden than in front of a computerBig smile

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 09:44

Thanks Sonia nice to see you too! 
I've been busy with my studies the past year or so, which means I don't visit here as often. 
Oh and right now it's summer in Denmark, and it's so rare we get sun and warm weather up here. I'd much rather spend my vacation on the beach/in the garden than in front of a computerBig smile

While those of us more bearlike in game than in name are suffering in the sweltering heat ;-)
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 10:59
LOL
Oh don't worry Olav - I share your bear appearance and literally sweat rivers on hot days. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it.

- Douglas Adams
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 11:24

LOL
Oh don't worry Olav - I share your bear appearance and literally sweat rivers on hot days. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it.

The sweating doesn't bother me...much...the feeling of having a mixture of cotton and tar flowing through my brain does however.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
siddhivinod View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Indian Spam Supply

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siddhivinod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2016 at 07:18
Nice thought.. But i have to try that it is working or not. Can you please explain detail about this with stepswise.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>