Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe new one?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 06:46
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

I was suggested them for the Prog Archives' Eclectic prog section in April 2014, but I'm afraid that this good suggestion is shamelessly ignored by the staff; 

Uncalled for criticism there. Has it ever occurred to you that the teams may be too busy to deal with your endless deluge of suggestions? They're all volunteers with other lives.
Oh sorry, chopper! I just thought that one year is quite enough for somebody from the Eclectic team to write two-three words about the band in the suggestion thread.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 07:00

I was suggested them for the Prog Archives' Eclectic prog section in April 2014, but I'm afraid that this good suggestion is shamelessly ignored by the staff; 

Uncalled for criticism there. Has it ever occurred to you that the teams may be too busy to deal with your endless deluge of suggestions? They're all volunteers with other lives.
Oh sorry, chopper! I just thought that one year is quite enough for somebody from the Eclectic team to write two-three words about the band in the suggestion thread.

There's more to it than that to add a new band, as you know. Maybe you should contact one of them instead of sl*g.ing them off in an open thread?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 07:11

There's more to it than that to add a new band, as you know. Maybe you should contact one of them instead of sl*g.ing them off in an open thread?
?! LOL
chopper, people here at Balkan are not so stupid as you probably think...
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 07:19

?! LOL
I wasn't suggesting you or anyone else was stupid.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 07:47

?! LOL
No problem chopper but please - the Silent Grace is awesome, and after a year without any reaction by any of the Team members, it can be interpreted as ignorance only. The Eclectic Team ignored  this good suggestion, and please don't try to convince me that the reason for the silence is something else and not just ignoring because the suggestion is posted by me.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 08:17
Perhaps it's just been overlooked? It's probably a fair way down the list now, perhaps time for another bump?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 11:42

Perhaps it's just been overlooked? It's probably a fair way down the list now, perhaps time for another bump?
I can't post another bump because my access to "Suggest New Bands And Solo Artists" sub-forum is denied by the Prog Archives' Admin Team almost two months ago. Now I'm a Prog Archives' Public Forum member with a less Forum member's rights than all of others Forum members, even newbies LOL
However, I do not think that another bump may help even in a case if I am still a full member of the PA' Public Forum.. But nothing prevents you to post one bump - just for fun, right? Wink

Edited by Svetonio - March 26 2015 at 13:12
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 17:21
Originally posted by freudiana freudiana wrote:

Thanks a lot guys! I have another question. Are there any good modern bands that blend classical music with progressive rock like in the progressive metal, symphonic prog, and eclectic prog genre? I'm looking for a few bands that play with instruments like the flute, bassoon, oboe, clarinet, violin, viola, cello, mellotron, hammond organ, church organ, piano, pipe organ, gong, tympani, clavinet, moog synthesizer, (acoustic, electrric, and twelve-string guitars), (fretless and rickenbacker bass guitar) warr guitar, chapman stick, saxophone, and xylophone. You know interesting music. I know about Anglagard and the like. 

you got me there.  The ones that come to mind blend classical more with folk or jazz than the subgenres you mention
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 21:10

I can't post another bump because my access to "Suggest New Bands And Solo Artists" sub-forum is denied by the Prog Archives' Admin Team almost two months ago. Now I'm a Prog Archives' Public Forum member with a less Forum member's rights than all of others Forum members, even newbies LOL
However, I do not think that another bump may help Wink

Never argue with the police, man. Do as you're told, k.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 21:47
Have you tried My Brother The Wind or Kotebel?
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2015 at 04:00
(previuosly posted link removed, 'cause I didn't realized that freudiana in another question also asked for some modern bands only)

I'd like to recommend Kogut's Mare Frigoris (2015)

Edited by Svetonio - March 28 2015 at 08:06
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 01:12

?! LOL
No problem chopper but please - the Silent Grace is awesome, and after a year without any reaction by any of the Team members, it can be interpreted as ignorance only. The Eclectic Team ignored  this good suggestion, and please don't try to convince me that the reason for the silence is something else and not just ignoring because the suggestion is posted by me.
This band is not on our chart, even though you've bumped it a few times I don't think any member of our team saw that, I know I haven't. How can you say we ignore you after we've added so many bands you suggested.
Svetonio I think you're having a really hard time understanding how this place works. If one of your million suggestions fall between the cracks than so what? get over it! There are other nice and kind ways to bring it to the collabs attention. Seriously I don't have any desire listening to the bands you bring just because of your behaviour, but I still will because I try not to take these things personally.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 01:26
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

However, I do not think that another bump may help Wink

Never argue with the police, man. Do as you're told, k.
Yes, you are right....
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 07:36

Thanks a lot guys! I have another question. Are there any good modern bands that blend classical music with progressive rock like in the progressive metal, symphonic prog, and eclectic prog genre? I'm looking for a few bands that play with instruments like the flute, bassoon, oboe, clarinet, violin, viola, cello, mellotron, hammond organ, church organ, piano, pipe organ, gong, tympani, clavinet, moog synthesizer, (acoustic, electrric, and twelve-string guitars), (fretless and rickenbacker bass guitar) warr guitar, chapman stick, saxophone, and xylophone. You know interesting music. I know about Anglagard and the like. 

You might have a look at Karda Estra:

I'm not entirely sure they fit well in "symphonic prog", where PA has them, as they may not really be "proggy" enough. The last couple of albums, sampled here, maybe push in the direction of RIO/avant, but to my mind they definitely fit in the "interesting music" category.  Really like them.

Edited by Mascodagama - March 28 2015 at 07:42
amelloc View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 12:03
Tempus Fugit 2015!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy8i1HGB7Og

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wV2SqeX-_w
terramystic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2015 at 15:23

From the old bands Gryphon is the first choice - a bunch of instruments from basoon to krummhorn.
Modern bands:
Par Lindh - church organ
Terra Mystica - Axis (clarinet, sax, flute, bagpipes, acoustic/el. guitar, piano, synth ... ) Look on the cover:

Edited by terramystic - July 29 2015 at 15:26
terramystic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2015 at 15:28

Who do you feel is the new and modern Anyone's Daughter, Novalis, and Eloy? I'm looking for a modern german(or any nationality) band that carries on the symphonic and space prog genre that they have created and if if some can recommend some good albums I would appreciate it. 

For space rock try Ozric Tentacles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12